Ratings for Dr. Waran Gnaneswaran

This guy is still holding up to his reputation, I see. 5 years ago: I had concerns about anxiety and difficulties with focus and attention. Waran seemed more interested in prescribing GED meds. Hey, this job sounds easy, sign me up! I tossed the prescription in the trash. Present day, thanks to assistance with employee benefits, i got diagnosed with predominantly inattentive ADHD a couple years ago. My quality of life is much better. I know he's not a therapist, but someone of this authority is responsible to ensure patients know what to expect on their first visit. I'll keep checking the media now and then waiting for this hack to get hit hard with a malpractice suit.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Reckless, irresponsible and indifferent. My story would take too long to go into, so I'll just say watch what he prescribes and the dosage. When I ask about side effects and interactions he tells me to go on the internet and find out. Also, absolutely no talk therapy.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

hello, who ever has submitted the one below, about the wife, ... it is true. This so called Dr. he himself looks so scary for patients with mental illness to approach. He looks as tho' he is from some jungle, when me and my husband went, he was not professional at all..may be because he was not educated here and did not have western approach, .. very rude, my husband suffered from bipolar and was very irrational when we went to see this guy, and he was so rude to us, telling us not to waste his time... very very ugly looking guy, rude, blunt, guy. Please keep away from him. He recommended some medication which made my husband so stiff and did not help him. however, we now found an angel..she is a dr. from Scarborough Grace, she is oriental looking pretty, caring, easy to talk lady. Dr. Liu. Bi polar is very easy to treat. Take your wife to her. Please keep away from this guy. Bi polar is very easy to treat. Take your wife to her.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014

This guy ruined my life and destroyed the life of my children by completely misleading my bipolar ex-wife. He is a bigot who allows his personal prejudices to get in the way of his oath. His obsession with the Tamil Tigers and their push for Eelam (as evidenced by stickers on his vehicles) made him say things and give advice to my ex wife beyond the scope of treatment that caused her to go manic and completely irrational. This guy should be investigated, he's ruined too many lives by his bigotry, complete lack of professionalism and incompetence. God help you if he's your caregiver.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2014

My story would take too much space to type so I will say just this. This man is a bully.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

My father went to this so-called doctor to inquire about medication for his mental deficits he's suffered with his entire life in addition to the recent physical health problems due to heart complications in recent years. First, he gave my father medication which produced adverse effects; my father discontinued the medication. I told my father to inquire about a different type of medication which is more specific to his condition. At his next visit, he raised the suggestion, and the doctor was incredibly rude towards him and did not even perform an assessment to see if the medication was warranted. My father came home very upset and even more demotivated. He doesn't want to even try seeing any more medical professionals. This man is obviously not interested in providing any psychiatric treatment to his patients. He was unwilling to listen to my Father's inquiries and treated him like a drug-seeking individual. I wonder why he even got into the field to begin with.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

I think some people confuse Dr. Waran for a psychologist. He is not there for talk therapy but to help you find the right medications to treat your illness. I have always found him to be calming, kind and eager to help. Of course you have to wait in a waiting room just like with any other doctor and sometimes he is a bit late but that's because he takes his time with you once you're in the appointment. This man has changed my life for the better and I couldn't be happier to be his patient!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

He is non caring & confrontational. Shouldn't be a psychiatrist offers meds without knowing u or you're problems

flag | Submitted January 10, 2014

It is sad he should not be a doctor I cried and felt more depress after seeing him no one should ever be made to feel like that

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

I have been a long-time patient who has had my ups and downs with him. He can be difficult to deal with especially if you have forms to fill out (long-term disability for instance). He caused me more anxiety during my LD process instead of being supportive though I eventually qualified with his help. But it was a struggle. At times he is short and my main beef would be that he doesn't appear organized or ready when you come for an appointment. However, if you show a desire to get better, his attitude toward you will improve. He will not support those who don't seem to be making an effort to deal with their mental illness and is not "a shoulder to cry on." If you need to talk at length and that's what you want, my experience is that he's really not the type. In general, he tends to get straight to the point, which is not for everybody.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013