Ratings for Dr. Chris Overgaard

He's amazing! He takes the time to explain the situation, has time to answer questions, and is a fantastic Dr. who knows his stuff. He is accessible, and keeps the family informed! I haven't met his staff, so I couldn't rate them.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2018

Dr. Overgaard is by far the most amazing doctor my family as ever met. Since day one he knew exactly what needed to be done for my mother to start living her life again. My mom has a very risky complicated heart and lung diagnoses. She was not suitable for heart surgery. Dr. Overgaard and his amazing team went ahead with the procedure he recommended from day one when he first met my mom. Everything went “fabulous” (his words) when a doctor tells you that you have no words. He is such a caring doctor and took his time with my mom and my family explaining everything. Dr. Overgaard my family wants to thank you so much for everything. You truly are a HERO! Thank you thank you thank you!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

Dr. Overgaard is an angel in disguise. He blessed my father and mother both with a second life. He is a doctor who truly cares about his patients' conditions and does everything in his power to ensure that your loved ones will get the treatment needed to alleviate their conditions. Dr. Overgaard is really courteous, very knowledgeable, and really humble. He is without doubt the best doctor anyone can go to for cardiac care. He referred them to the best cardiac surgeons in the world and did everything he could do to assure us that got treated for their conditions. The only negative point I gave was for his secretaries as they are unemphatic, rude, and disrespectful.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

Amazing doctor! Seeing him for my irregular heart rate.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

Just sitting in a recovery room with my father who just had rotablation heart surgery by Dr. Overgaard. I can tell you that everyrhing went great and the staff and everyone where professional and very organized!! Thank you !!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

World class cardiologist why is this guy still in Ontario? This guy has me for life... Just wish you didn't have such a good handicap...

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

A very good and caring doctor. Doctor Overgaard one of many qualities and very knowledgable and professional in cardiovascular field. He takes his time explaining health conditions. and searches for results to succeed for his patient's well being. He is a very dedicated doctor for cardiovascular health and a specialist in research for heart medicine. A patient would be in very good hands for their procedure.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Dr. Overgaard took the time to explain my condition in words I could understand, and answer all my questions. This was much appreciated.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

I was a cardiac patient at the North York General Hospital and was transferred to the Toronto Western Hospital for an angiogram. Despite his very busy operating schedule, Dr Overgaard. who had been informed of my arrival for the procedure, very pleasantly greeted me and assured me that he'd be taking care of me as soon as possible. He went over my medical history and kindly informed me of what to expect for the procedure. I was most impressed by Dr Overgaard's medical knowledge, judgement and skills. He was totally unpretentious and treated his patients in a most friendly manner. His verbal articulation on the outcome of my medical procedure was clear, convincing and conclusive. Dr Overgaard's professional competence and empathy for his patients are exemplary and I wish all cardiologists are as considerate as Dr Overgaard in treating and caring for their patients. PS

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

When i spoke with my cardiologist, Dr. Naqvi, about heart bypass that was recommended by Trillium I was depressed and very reluctant to go ahead with it as I had no symptoms, but had such a very bad experience at Trillium that I did not trust them. He told me that Dr. Overgaard is the very best in his field, and if bypass could be avoided, this was the man to do it. He promised to would speak to Dr. Overgaard personally to get things moving quickly. From the moment I met him, Dr. Overgaard showed he is both a true professional and a wonderful human, as he cares very much about his patients. He came to see me about the procedure before it began, told me of speaking with Dr. Naqvi, and carefully explained everything, After it was all done he came to see me in recovery and continued coming when I had minor complications over the next day. All of the staff were highly supportive with me, and all of them spoke highly of Dr. Overgaard. Dr. Overgaard told me he had done the equivalent of bypass surgery while I was still awake. He told me everything in the procedure had gone very well: all the major arteries were now open and five stents were in place. The staff were all top-notch, from the moment I first reached the admission desk until I left with all systems in peak condition. I cannot praise Dr. Overgaard high enough for his personal attitude, his concerned follow-up, and, of course, the excellent work he did on me. His reputation outside the hospital, as noted above, is that he is the very best, and my experience says it is a well-earned reputation Ron Martin.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2016