Ratings for Dr. Chris Overgaard

A very good and caring doctor. Doctor Overgaard one of many qualities and very knowledgable and professional in cardiovascular field. He takes his time explaining health conditions. and searches for results to succeed for his patient's well being. He is a very dedicated doctor for cardiovascular health and a specialist in research for heart medicine. A patient would be in very good hands for their procedure.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Dr. Overgaard took the time to explain my condition in words I could understand, and answer all my questions. This was much appreciated.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

I was a cardiac patient at the North York General Hospital and was transferred to the Toronto Western Hospital for an angiogram. Despite his very busy operating schedule, Dr Overgaard. who had been informed of my arrival for the procedure, very pleasantly greeted me and assured me that he'd be taking care of me as soon as possible. He went over my medical history and kindly informed me of what to expect for the procedure. I was most impressed by Dr Overgaard's medical knowledge, judgement and skills. He was totally unpretentious and treated his patients in a most friendly manner. His verbal articulation on the outcome of my medical procedure was clear, convincing and conclusive. Dr Overgaard's professional competence and empathy for his patients are exemplary and I wish all cardiologists are as considerate as Dr Overgaard in treating and caring for their patients. PS

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

When i spoke with my cardiologist, Dr. Naqvi, about heart bypass that was recommended by Trillium I was depressed and very reluctant to go ahead with it as I had no symptoms, but had such a very bad experience at Trillium that I did not trust them. He told me that Dr. Overgaard is the very best in his field, and if bypass could be avoided, this was the man to do it. He promised to would speak to Dr. Overgaard personally to get things moving quickly. From the moment I met him, Dr. Overgaard showed he is both a true professional and a wonderful human, as he cares very much about his patients. He came to see me about the procedure before it began, told me of speaking with Dr. Naqvi, and carefully explained everything, After it was all done he came to see me in recovery and continued coming when I had minor complications over the next day. All of the staff were highly supportive with me, and all of them spoke highly of Dr. Overgaard. Dr. Overgaard told me he had done the equivalent of bypass surgery while I was still awake. He told me everything in the procedure had gone very well: all the major arteries were now open and five stents were in place. The staff were all top-notch, from the moment I first reached the admission desk until I left with all systems in peak condition. I cannot praise Dr. Overgaard high enough for his personal attitude, his concerned follow-up, and, of course, the excellent work he did on me. His reputation outside the hospital, as noted above, is that he is the very best, and my experience says it is a well-earned reputation Ron Martin.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2016

I was in the ER with a complicated condition that impacts my cardiovascular system. Dr. Overgaard was one of few doctors who took it very seriously and was vigilant with my treatment. Not many doctors have the impeccable bedside manner he does. I was very lucky to come across him and anyone who has him as a doctor is blessed; Many doctors could take a lesson from this man.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

On Dec 3 I had the pleasure to be worked on by Dr. overgaard even and his marvellous team. I had a complicating auto immune disease which led to 2 other Doctors not wanting to touch me. dr. Overgaard prepared everything for worst case scenario but was confident he could perform my surgery without complications and he was correct. I was able to have just the Angioplasty done. He is a RockStar in my book and he has surrounded himself with a great, helpful and compassionate team. Thanks a million. Terri Hamilton

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

Dr. Overgaard is my DAD. He is a wonderful doctor and a great dad.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

Many blessings to Dr Chris Overgaardvand his wonderful staff.Please know how grateful we are to you and we cannot thank you enough. God bless.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

Dr. Overgaard is an amazing doctor but his secretaries are extremely rude and unemphatic. Wish he had better staff.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

I saw Dr Overgaard 5 weeks after open heart surgery as part of the follow up. The surgery was performed by Dr David to replace a bicuspid aortic valve and aortic aneurysm. Dr Overgaard struck me as being a very likeable, unpretentious, competent and thorough doctor. He filled me in on the things I need to be aware of, some of which I hadn't heard yet. He gave me a check up and ordered an echo to double check. I feel very fortunate to be in his care.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014