You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Yves Starreveld

3 words: rude, arrogant, pompous. I blame this guy for the PTSD that I suffered after his brain surgery on me. Before the surgery he was Mr. Wonderful. He led me to believe that everything was going to be bliss, routine. I swallowed it. I was to be awake during the surgery so that he could talk to me. He actually told me that he's had patients who "enjoyed it." Enjoyed it?? Was he lying to me? Only he (and God) know the answer to that. So I went into the surgery room excited, only to find that the surgery would be very traumatic. I sweated profusely from head to toe, and it felt like torture. I consider myself a man with a very, very strong pain threshold, so I wasn't being a baby, I was being a man. Then I went through four months of suicide-border depression afterwards. Again, something else I wasn't warned about beforehand. Doc Yves didn't even visit me in the hospital after the surgery. What was that all about!! And then, when my wife and I went to see him for a routine post-surgery followup, he totally ignored my wife. Shame on him. He must have been mad (I like that word) because my wife had called his office to tell them about all the depression I was going through and if they could help. Guess he didn't like that because he denied that I had PTSD. Yet my family doctor told me it was, indeed, PTSD. Thankfully, the surgery itself was apparently successfully - so far so good after almost two years now. Bottom line: would I ever have anything to do with Doc Yves again? Never.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

Unbelievable skill, caring and support. Dr. Starreveld and Karen (his office manager) are stellar. I cannot say enough good about them. From pre-op through surgery and now to 1 year follow-up I have experienced excellence in health care. I am so grateful. S.Robertson

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

He is a terrible Doctor/ Rude, and has the bedside manner of a undertacker. He seems to not care, even if the patient is dying. I wouldn't recommend him or his staff ever!!. When we called to book an appointment we were treated like we were a bother. Come on, we are sick and need your help. From his receptionist to him................there is no care, concern, or anything for his patience it seems. We have gone somewhere else, and yes we are a lot happier. The prognoses hasn't changed but the service and care have gone way up. Now we are not expecting anything...............but at least act like you acre doc.

Submitted June 13, 2014

Great surgeon but absolutely no bedside manners. very cold and to certain extends rude. He however,is good at what is he supposed to do which is taking tumors out :)

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

He was the worst Dr ever, my wife was told in 1 minute she had termianl cancer and to take care, a Vet has more maners and care, he may be good, but he is not KIND or Caring. Hey Doc, watch patch Adams, you are a Doctor for the people right. Wow, we talk often about him and not in nice ways

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014

I had an amazing experience with Dr. Starreveld, he was my Neurosurgeon earlier this year and my experiences with him were amazing. Post-op he was always there and willing to help. Very nice man! :)

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

I would echo the other comments here. In addition to the excellent staff in the unit, he has treated my wife for the last several years and has been professional and outstanding under very tough circumstances.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2012

This surgeon may know his stuff but he and his staff were the rudest people I've met. This was my second time having to have a tumor remove and my first surgeon in another province was very good, but Dr Starreveld left a bad taste in my mouth. He was very abrupt and did not want to listen to me as a patient. It was hard to get him to understand the fears and concerns I had. Surgery went well, they removed most of the tumor however follwup has been sketchy as his office has yet to call me.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

This doctor did my brain tumor surgery and saved my life. He is amazing with his follow up to your room and helpfulness. He is just a great doctor and am so thankful to have met him and cannot appreciate him enough for his expertise and kindness.He is in my eyes #1 and big thanks Dr. Starveld. You deserve all the kudos you get and then some. I strongly recommend the Foothills and Dr. Starveld. Sincerely, Christine D (now Ontario based)

flag | Submitted May 24, 2012

Dr. Yves Starreveld's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "3 words: rude, arrogant, pompous. I blame this guy for the PTSD that I suffered after his brain surgery on me. Before the surgery he was Mr. Wonderful. He led ..."

October 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Unbelievable skill, caring and support. Dr. Starreveld and Karen (his office manager) are stellar. I cannot say enough good about them. From pre-op through s..."

April 18, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "very rude person, no bedside manners, he don't care about patients and don't see them, he is terrible !"

March 27, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Hated this guy. Find someone else. If you are sick and dying go to a vet. They will care for you far better then this guy. I wouldn't take the time to write but..."

December 20, 2014
  • Last Name changed from "Starveld" to "Starreveld"

November 11, 2012