Ratings for Dr. Yves Starreveld

Dr. Starreveld was excellent. I did as much research as I could before doing the surgery so I would get the best possible care, even though it was time sensitive. If the surgeon did a botched job I would not only be permanently disabled, but possibly die (I'm in my mid 20's). Throughout all of the research I did, I found it hard to find accurate information because a lot of it was subjective and differing depending on the ailment, in my case it was a tumour. Dr. Starreveld knew exactly what was going to happen to me pre and post surgery and walked me through every step of the way. He could tell I was extremely nervous, so he allowed me to email or call him directly if I had any questions or concerns, which I did. He was extremely punctual in his response times, even though he was busy with other patients and operations. Getting surgery is scary enough, getting neurosurgery is a whole different ballgame. I understand that bedside manner is important, and I'm not saying that Dr. Starreveld doesn't have any, because he does. But before I had my surgery and was looking for the right doctor, I wanted to know that when he or she put me under to operate I was, 1. going to wake up, and 2. not going to be permanently disabled. I wasn't concerned with their bedside manner (he has great bedside manner), I was concerned with their track record of successful surgery's and if they were confident in doing the surgery, which he was. In the end, Dr. Starreveld was the best surgeon and doctor I have ever had, and I've had a lot of both. I belong to "tumour community" group, and when I told them about the size of the tumour and my recover time, they were in shock. They had never seen someone with such a large tumour have such a successful surgery. I was fully recovered in 2 months, which it usually takes 3 months, and I have NO sideeffects from the surgery. Needless to say, I am forever grateful to Dr. Starreveld and the Foothills medical team.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

My wife has been a patient since 2007, in a long ardious medical journey. Dr Starreveld has been dedicated and a skilled professional through out. In fact, the neurological team at FH are all outstanding.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

This doctor has limited bed side manners! He approach to patient care and is intimidating and unsympathetic... As an experienced patient having gone through multiple craniotomy's., My experience under his care is sub par. I recommend patients to consider other alternate means of Neurosurgury care if possible !!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

Terrible and in carrying. Never see him !!! He is the worst !!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

3 words: rude, arrogant, pompous. I blame this guy for the PTSD that I suffered after his brain surgery on me. Before the surgery he was Mr. Wonderful. He led me to believe that everything was going to be bliss, routine. I swallowed it. I was to be awake during the surgery so that he could talk to me. He actually told me that he's had patients who "enjoyed it." Enjoyed it?? Was he lying to me? Only he (and God) know the answer to that. So I went into the surgery room excited, only to find that the surgery would be very traumatic. I sweated profusely from head to toe, and it felt like torture. I consider myself a man with a very, very strong pain threshold, so I wasn't being a baby, I was being a man. Then I went through four months of suicide-border depression afterwards. Again, something else I wasn't warned about beforehand. Doc Yves didn't even visit me in the hospital after the surgery. What was that all about!! And then, when my wife and I went to see him for a routine post-surgery followup, he totally ignored my wife. Shame on him. He must have been mad (I like that word) because my wife had called his office to tell them about all the depression I was going through and if they could help. Guess he didn't like that because he denied that I had PTSD. Yet my family doctor told me it was, indeed, PTSD. Thankfully, the surgery itself was apparently successfully - so far so good after almost two years now. Bottom line: would I ever have anything to do with Doc Yves again? Never.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

Unbelievable skill, caring and support. Dr. Starreveld and Karen (his office manager) are stellar. I cannot say enough good about them. From pre-op through surgery and now to 1 year follow-up I have experienced excellence in health care. I am so grateful. S.Robertson

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

very rude person, no bedside manners, he don't care about patients and don't see them, he is terrible !

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

He is a terrible Doctor/ Rude, and has the bedside manner of a undertacker. He seems to not care, even if the patient is dying. I wouldn't recommend him or his staff ever!!. When we called to book an appointment we were treated like we were a bother. Come on, we are sick and need your help. From his receptionist to him................there is no care, concern, or anything for his patience it seems. We have gone somewhere else, and yes we are a lot happier. The prognoses hasn't changed but the service and care have gone way up. Now we are not expecting anything...............but at least act like you acre doc.

Submitted June 13, 2014

Great surgeon but absolutely no bedside manners. very cold and to certain extends rude. He however,is good at what is he supposed to do which is taking tumors out :)

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

He was the worst Dr ever, my wife was told in 1 minute she had termianl cancer and to take care, a Vet has more maners and care, he may be good, but he is not KIND or Caring. Hey Doc, watch patch Adams, you are a Doctor for the people right. Wow, we talk often about him and not in nice ways

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014