Ratings for Dr. Anne H. Carr

Dr Carr told me and my husband that our baby was extremely underweight and wanted to send us to a specialist. Knowing something didn't sound right, my husband went back into the building before we left and she told us she had made a mistake. After we cried and got stressed out for nothing, if she would have read our chart to begin with, we wouldn't have went through such stress. Review patients info before making serious decisions. Went to another Dr.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2014

I have now visited Dr. Carr twice for my yearly exam and both times I have been happy with my experience. Although my visits were standard and without complications, she took the time to answer the questions I had in a detailed and research-based (but not overwhelming) way. I appreciated her ability to make me feel comfortable and at ease with the exam and with any other questions I had.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

Dr. Carr is kind, professional, and helpful. She is a wonderful asset to the team at Jefferson! I adore her.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2011

Dr. Carr is not only one of the most knowledgable doctors that I have met but she is also a wonderfully caring and compassionate person. She treats her patients with respect, and I have gotten nothing less than the best care whenever I see her.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

Worst experience ever! And she seemed unsympathetic, aloof and arrogant! This same doctor is listed on this website under gynecologist as Anne H. Carr. I would advise reading those reviews also before making a decision, because I wish I had!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

I love Dr. Carr. I went to Jefferson OB for most of my pregnancy appointments and saw all of the drs there at least once. All of them were great, but Dr. Carr is my favorite. She listened to me and gave me many options about different situations. She was very caring and when I came for my 6 week post partum check up she saw me in the hall before I even checked in and remembered my son's name (even though she was not the one who delivered him, Dr. Montgomery was, and he too is fantastic). I have many friends who go to Jefferson Ob and we all love it. I'm surprsed about all the negative reviews.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2011

I went already in pain, and quite scared. I went hoping for this, but unfortunately I didn't find it. The first person I saw said I was pregnant, Even though I had just finished having my period. I was referred to Dr. Carr, for the procedure since the first lady didn't know how to do it. Dr. Carr seemed very rushed and stressed, and didn't seem to want to calm my fears. She didn't explain much, I had to ask questions. She never told me my pain management options, or gave me a choice for that., even when tears were streaming down my face in pain. When it was over she didn't console me or even offer me a pad even though I was bleeding. When I went to pick up my meds at the store right after, I realized my pants were covered in blood, it was running down my legs, and wasn't stopping. Had she taken a few extra moments to see if I was ok after, this wouldn't have happened. It was such a horrible experience, and I am very sad it had to be that way, since I want to think the best of everyone.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

Worst doctor experience ever!!! She was a novice that misdiagnosed my condition! Then allowed my pain medication to run out weeks before I was scheduled for surgery. When I informed her of my religious background she backed out of my care and told me I would have to see another doctor. Then two days later I received a letter from her office saying I would no longer be able to be a patient at their practice and could not be seen by anyone at their practice. If that's not religious discrimination, I don't know what is! Being that I am a criminal law paralegal, and work for a Prosecutor, I thought long and hard about filing a discrimination suit against her, but after praying because I am a Christian I decided to just forgive her. It actually worked out for my good, because when I left her practice and was seen by another doctor is when it was discovered that Dr. Carr had misdiagnosed me. So it was a hard lesson learned, but now I'm thankful that she is no longer my health care provider.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

I had an appt for my annual pap smear this morning at 9:30am--an appt I made one year ago. The doctor's office left me 2 reminder voicemails at my home the past two nights reminding me of my appt & that "this special time has been set aside just for you" & to please be on time & remember to bring your co-pay, etc. I drove 50 miles from my home to their office this morning, arriving 15-20 minutes before my appt & was told "We cancelled your appt in Jan. because Dr. Carr would not be here today." I said no one told me that, & if it had been cancelled, why did I receive 2 reminder calls? No response, no offer to see another doc, no apology--only asked me to reschedule! This is the 4th time this has happened to me at this office! 1.the ultrasound person wasn't there the day of my appt; 2.the doc was running 2+ hrs late--; & the person I was to speak to about a Novasure procedure called in sick. I was told of the above 3 instances after I sat in the waiting rm 1 to 2 hrs each time.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2010

Dr. Anne H. Carr's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Charlottesville, VA