Ratings for Dr. C.L. Prasanna Kumar

DO NOT see this Dr. I left feeling sexually violated. I was told to strip naked, which I questioned at the time because my instincts were already flagging something was not right. The Dr insisted, no gown was given, only paper. My breasts and vaginal area were examined by hand no explanation was given as to why and what this had to do with the treatment. I did not see reviews prior to my visit and am left shocked and disgusted that this treatment has happened to others and continues to happen. His licence should be stripped for this behaviour. I went to see him as a last resort as preferred Dr was on vacation. If this is the same for you please wait to see somebody else.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

Horrible. Every single review is accurate. It's scary that he's a doctor and nobody does anything to stop this kind of behaviour. It's sad that women have to go to this clinic due to lack of better options. Front desk staff is rude and disorganized (they actually lost of one my tests once) service is slow, long wait (2hrs) and when you finally get to see the doctor - you're not treated as a person. Every single time he will exam you even if it's a follow-up for no clear reason. Once in his office, all you have is 3-5 minutes. His comments are judgemental and disrespectful, he does not listen or answers questions - if you ask, he will tell you to see your family doctor.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

By far the worst gynecologist I have ever seen. In and out in under three minutes, doesn't listen, cuts you off when speaking, and treats you like an idiot. I have seen him three times in total and it was a terrible experience each time. He is an overall unpleasant person, but I find most doctors to be like that. The worst of it was, that at the end of each ridiculously rushed, uncomfortable visit, I felt like if I had a cyst anywhere, he would have missed it. You leave uncertain of your health. Never going back. Waste of time and makes you feel ashamed. Shame on you, Kumar.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

I have been to see this wonderful doctor for several years and I don't have any negative things to say about him. he is a professional and has years of experience, he is one of the best OB GYNs I have ever visited and his receptionist is a great professional also.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

I would not recommend anyone to see this doctor. I saw him 4-5 times this year and all he did is full body examine (touching my breast and putting his finger inside of my vegina ) in every single visit with no explanation why. every time I felt like, he's raping me. I guess, he is the only gynecologist alive on this earth asked his female patients get naked and touches them though you never met him( first time visit) or went for lab test follow up. He never asks for permission to touch you .One time, he even asked me get up and dressed in front of him. He doesn't have any decency. Doesn't answer your questions or explain what he's doing. I do think ,he shouldn't be practising .He physically and mentally abused me. The clinic (Warden Woods Medical Centre99 Firvalley Court, Toronto, Ontario, M1L 1P2,) i used to go, all doctors and staffs knew about his bad character. They didn't do anything about it but helped him to rape each and every female patients. These all people should be punished.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

Doesn't answer your questions or explain what he's doing. Prescribes meds without biopsy. Will definitely see another doc for a second opinion. He may be right but you just can't trust him due to his attitude. The worst doctor I have ever seen in my life and I've been to many. Btw waited for an hour ( no exaggeration) and the whole examination lasted 3 mins.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

He was abrupt, disrespectful, and insensitive to the fact that I was a first-time patient going to him with a problem. I was rushed and often cut off as I tried to explain my symptoms. He did not have the patience to let me explain what I believed to be relevant details... which he didn't have access to as I was a NEW patient. And this was infuriating. Instead, he proceeded to give me a manual pelvic exam and then "take a sample" (which APPARENTLY ended up being a pap test) but this was not communicated to me at all. He just inserted his fingers and felt around without explaining what was happening. He should not have given me a pap test since I had had a pap done less than 6 months previously with normal results. This one turned out to be abnormal and wasted my time and energy with having to follow up. I should also point out that it took me a long time to be able to go back to follow up on test results because of how traumatizing it is to deal with this doctor.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

BUTCHER. Treatment felt like violation. In around 1997 I was referred to this man by a doctor who wanted me to talk to him about birth control pills. As said in numerous comments here, I was examined by this man without anyone present and told I had a blocked Barthlonian cyst and required surgery. I had never had an operation and was healthy. Naïve and trusting doctors and without any real support in my life I went through with a surgery by him. Immediately leaving the hospital I was in pain. 3 days later I went back to the office without an appointment asking for antibiotics and pain medication and he said 'I don't give that out'. I RECEIVED NO MEDICATION. Again, thinking that I might have challenged his competence as a doctor I left. For the next week the pain and infection increased until I could no longer sit at my job and went to a walk-in clinic and which point the attending doctor told me to immediately go to emergency. I took myself to Sunnybrook hospital and was seen by 2 doctors in a busy emergency department. As I found out the infection caused AFTER the surgery almost went systemic into my entire body. Since I was young and moving out for the first time and not having any real savings, I knew that to challenge a phycisian would require money and a good lawyer but I did try to do my own investigation but because I was only a young woman challenging a person as part of a professional organization I felt that I had no chance and so have lived with physical trauma where not existed before seeing this person and have done nothing until sending this in now. This person PHYSICALLY ABUSED and SEXUALLY VIOLATED me and it looks like from the other comments he is a SERIAL ABUSER.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2015

I do have a bad experienced with this Doctor. I would not recommend to anyone. The assistant will asked you to take off your clothes so that when the Doctor come and see you, you are ready for exam. (without asking your permission or without knowing why you are seeing the doctor). This Doctor will touched your body parts without telling you what is he doing and why is he doing it for? He will examine you without any assistant. I will not recommend this Doctor at all.. He inserted his finger inside for what??..not even saying anything..

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

I would not recommend him at all. I was told to grt naked and have a sheet over me so I did. He then walked into thr room alone with no female nurses closes the door and takes the sheet off my body. This was very scary for me as he didn't introduce himself or anything and for a victim of sexual abuse this was a frightening moment. He started feeling my breasts without asking and started talking and asking questions really fast. Next thing I knew was he was down looking at my vergina and had inserted his finger inside without telling me what he was doing or giving me a heads up. I felt violated. I have no idea what he was testing me for or what he was doing. I felt like I just got raped and after he was done he walked out. I didn't bother waiting for someone to tell me what to do input on my cloths and walked out. It was a terrible experience. I wouldn't recommend any women to go see him.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015