Ratings for Dr. Sophia Hoang

She often rushes to finish the job and whenever I have questions, she would quickly answer and get back to work, so she could move on to the next patient. Throughout the duration of my treatment, I noticed she sometimes leaves in the middle of changing my brackets to talk on her cellphone. I definitely feel customer service and patient care should be improved.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

I went to her for my braces for over 2 years and I can count on the one hand how many times she actually took the time to even stop and say hi when she rushed in at the Mississauga Applewood location. Her motto is more or less, "get in and get out" for both her work ethic and her patients. She was incredibly rude and unnecessarily aggressive to such kind staff at this dental office every time I was in and acted like as if she was THE orthodontist. She is selective in her time and kindness to her patients and even then it's extremely scarce. To top it off, my last visit with her consisted of her promising to call me back to make an appointment at her downtown Toronto in her rush to get me out the door instead of letting me just book at the front desk as per usual. She scrawled down my name and number on a scrap piece of paper before I was personally rushed out by her, and no, she never ended up calling. I've since gone to a friend for my yearly post-braces checkups and the difference is startling. I've truly never seen such arrogance and attitude practically scrawled all over someone's face like this and I would absolutely NEVER recommend this woman. Unless she learns the concept of basic kindness and quality service, I suggest you go literally anywhere else.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2018

Awful doctor. The staffs are really friendly. In located at Chinatown- downtown, recommend you should go.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

Awesomest doctor ever. My teeth are awesome. Recommend her . Very nice also

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

Poor services. I have to call the staff to ask, she promised then keep forgetting ...I feel they are too busy to do the business.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Not really a big fan of her. I had braces for two years and after the two years my teeth still don't completely feel straight, and even after getting the permanent retainers on my top and bottom teeth they still feel like they have shifted. I always felt like I was rushed and she was pushing me to get my braces off even when I could feel that my treatment wasn't over. She used the same wires for most of my treatment and I agree with the comments below that she was quite aggressive. I'll probably end up getting Invisalign later on but overall I would not recommend her as an orthodontist. You pay for what you get so better off spending your money on a better orthodontist.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2016

I go to Dr. Sophia's Vaughan location. I'm going to split my review to several categories. Staff: First of all the staff at that location is so friendly and nice. If I'm late or miss my appointment, the secretary doesnt give me attitude at all like some doctor's office. And the assistant is also so nice. She always asks me how my day is or how everything is going. Doctor: This is my second time getting braces. I got my braces when I was a kid and ofcourse didnt wear my retainers! As an adult, I was very self-conscious about getting braces but Sophia assured me that many of her patients were my age. I got the clear brackets at her suggestion and I'm really happy that I did. I find her very professional. She takes time to explain things to me. On my first appointment she discussed my treatment, my options and gave me an estimate and told me to think about it. I felt very comfortable with her and no pressure. Not snotty at all. I have referred my friend's children there and they have also been very impressed by Sophia. The prices are very competitive. I can only say positive things about Dr Sophia and her staff. Nancy

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

After 3 years, my braces are done. Apparently I had a more diffcult case. I didnt mind that much as once I finished paying, I just kept on coming until my teeth were perfect without having to pay extra. No hidden costs unlike my daughter's previous orthodontist where we had to pay for everything even the retainers at the end. I love my teeth now as before I was always self conscious about smiling and showing my teeth. She is very efficient. I have no problems with that as long as the job is done right. She is more reasonably priced than all other orthodontist that I consulted with and she does the work herself! Unheard of! I dont mind the busy wait times just for that. I mean what can you expect. Amazing prices, does the work herself.. so she's bound to be busy! I just wish I had known about Sophia's office for my daughter. I'm perfectly happy saving my money and not having to pay for an assistant to do my teeth. Its true, each of my daughter's appointment took longer however most if not all of the time was with the dental assistant and we never got to see her orthodontist and we paid almost twice the price! I highly recommend Sophia if you want someone who is knowledgeable, efficient and very reasonably priced.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

She's cheaper than most orthodontists in the city but you get what you pay for - always late and in a hurry, treatment takes much longer than it should and end result is horrible

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

Sophia is incredibly rude and non professional, I got my new retainer and her assistant (not even her) tried teaching me how to put it on properly and she stopped her assistant and told me to "ask my brother how to put it on" and made me hurry out the door. Even when I had braces she would put the bands back in so aggressively that I would get hurt. One time she forgot to put the bands in and made me leave and when I got home the wire came off completely. She never knows what she's doing, she's always in a hurry, and she looks like she hates her job. I would NEVER recommend her to ANYONE. Having braces was the worst experience of my life because of her. I hope no one gets someone as terrible as Sophia.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015