Ratings for Dr. Daniel Bothma

Fantastic doctor and person . Very knowledgeable and friendly.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

This is one doctor that hasn't forgotten how to care and advocate for his patients. Doesn't mind if you mention more then one problem,or consult holistic medicine.Never pushed you to take drugs and lets you be part of your medical choices. Can't thank him enough for his kindness and caring attitude.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2014

Having completely lost trust in my former doctor over the course of a year being diagnosed with & treated for cancer & feeling that my diagnosis could have been made much sooner - if he had just brought me in for a physical instead of continuing to see me & attribute my increasing symptoms to menopause rather than investigating why my health was declining so rapidly, &, following treatment , checking me for medical issues & dealing with the numerous infections I came down with (rather than deciding I was simply depressed & continually prescribing drugs) I decided to change doctors - & am so glad I did. Dr. Bothma has restored my trust in the medical system & gotten me on track for recovery - something I'd began to believe would never be possible. I love that he believes in investigation first to determine the root cause of your illness & treats for that, rather than just prescribing medications for your symptoms. I'm now so saddened that Nanaimo will be losing this great physician.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2013

Excellent doctor. Took over from Dr. Van der Goes and I was not sure about going to a male doctor but he has been wonderful. He is respectful, he always listens and never dismisses my complaints. I cannot speak highly enough of him. Also I should say that I have a complex set of chronic medical needs so I have a history of good and bad doctors.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

The best family doctor I have had, ever. He not only is open too various types of treatment avenues, he also keeps me accountable AND has a great sense of humour. He let's me go through my list of questions and patiently answers them.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

I have been with Dr Bothma for several years and am very satisfied. He is very knowledgeable and is always upgrading his skills with new workshops and seminars. He is attentive and I never feel like he's rushing me out the door. I have had some very unusual medical issues and find that he uses whatever resources are available to fins a solution. I also find him to be a good listener and open to my opinions. He is generally very good at explaining the details of his diagnosis and why he is choosing any particular option.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2013

My family came to Dr. Bothma after a life changing, horrific ordeal. He helped us regain trust in the system with his kindness, knowledge, and caring attitude. He's the best!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

Excellent doctor. I find that he works very hard at listening attentively and does not dismiss my complaints even though they often seem varied. As it turned out my various complaints turned out to be an overall very serious problem which Dr. Bothma helped to uncover. I find that Dr. Bothma is a really good advocate for his patients. I am surprised by some of the comments that I read that he is not willing to precribe medication. He has always given me medication when needed.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2013

I have recently lost all respect for Dr. Bothma, I went to him with some severe wrist pain that I have been experiencing for several years. Previous Drs have not been able to tell me what was wrong but when I presented my history to Dr. Bothma he seemed very willing to help. He sent me for xrays and blood work and told me he thought it was probably arthritis. When I came back for my results he told me that everything was normal and that I had nothing to worry about and while rushing me out the door said that I could try eliminating things from my diet. Well I was not very satisfied with that answer and subsequently went to a new Dr. When this Dr. ordered my xrays and blood work from Dr. Bothma he could see right away that the xray tech said my xrays showed osteoarthritis. Dr. Bothma lied to me when he told me my results were normal. I am absolutely horrified by this! And to top it all off he sent me a 30.00 file transfer bill! Be careful and get a 2nd opinion if you are not happy!!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

I always leave his office feeling like I have a solution, or at least a course of action. However, on two recent occasions I have received information related to feminine health that I now know to be incorrect (as I am a university student who knows how to research specific information and evaluate the source), but I felt condescended to for my disagreement with his evaluation. On another occasion, I questioned his judgement and the specialist I was refered to disagreed with his assessment for the exact same reason. These experiences reduce my level of trust in him.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2012