Ratings for Dr. Eric Kau

I was a walk in patient and doctor fit me into his busy schedule. He solved my problem. Thank you.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

Dr. Kau looked over a hundred pages of my documents and took time to review with me my complicated case. So grateful to have him help me. Wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Attentive and Professional. Takes time to explain things. He has taken care of my husband and myself. Very Happy with our care.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

I recently had a kidney stone that blocked my kidney. Dr. Kau took care of it immediately in the operating room. Very happy with my care. His staff is excellent as well.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

I appreciate the time he spends with me. Terrific surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

Terrific Experience. Very happy with the doctor. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

Excellent physician and staff. Very professional.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

Nice staff and physician. Takes time needed to anser questions. "Up Beat" and almost energetic. Straight talker.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

I was very disappointed in my visit with Dr. Kau. He charged me $265 (cash) and gave me less than eight minutes of his time. He walked in the room, asked two questions, and immediately said I needed surgery. Both my primary care physician and a later urologist disagreed with him and said that a wait-and-see approach was completely reasonable (and thousands of dollars cheaper.) He didn't make any effort to check if I was handling the medication from the ER, he didn't offer to take follow-up questions, and he fidgeted for the entire visit like our presence was inconvenient for him. It felt like he charged us $265 to make an appointment for surgery and, as soon as he found out I didn't want surgery, he tried to cut short the meeting and go on to another patient that would be worth more money. It was very difficult to get additional information out of him and he was very relucant to recommend any course of action that didn't put thousands of dollars in his pocket.

Submitted September 8, 2010

Dr. Eric Kau's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

AHC