Ratings for Dr. Jonathan Ennis

Dr. Ennis is a very good psychiatrist. He is very helpful, and will

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Beware of this doctor if you are extremely depressed or suicidal. He either a) doesn't recognize how severe the symptoms are or b) he doesn't care. I think it's both. He has minimal knowledge of psychiatric medications. He does not monitor for the physical side effects of medications he prescribes (i.e. for antipsychotics like quetiapine (Seroquel) - weight gain, cholesterol, blood sugar - which he should be monitoring according to clinical guidelines). He'll see you for 5-10 minutes, yet probably bills for a full session. He should not be practicing in this profession. He is insufficiently competent.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

Aside from some refills for pills for helping with sleeping that I had been prescribed before I came to him, Dr. Ennis did not prescribe me any medication. And while under his care I was even able to discontinue using those meds and finally learn how to sleep thanks to Dr. Ennis helping me actually address my anxiety. Instead of prescribing meds, we dealt with my problems using a combination of psychoanalysis and practical problem solving... He's patient, compassionate, and a terrific therapist. I saw a couple of different ones before finding Dr. Ennis and they were unethical and incompetent. Dr. Ennis truly helped me achieve very positive change in my life and was able to help me comprehend my issues and deal with them effectively. He worked with me for 3 years and I am grateful for how much he helped me.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

Diligent. Efficient. Responsible and conscientious. Dr. Ennis is a one-man office (no "staff") and I believe this is why he can do so much for his patients. I am indebted to Dr. Ennis for his effectiveness in my care and treatment.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

Find another psychiatrist, and fast. I wasted so much time with him. He is unhelpful, does not demonstrate current knowledge of medications, and relies on other doctors to make assessments of medications. Is this not why I see you on a weekly basis??? This demonstrates lack of professional confidence and knowledge. Not exactly what you are looking for in a doctor, especially when you are dealing with mental health issues.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2011

This doctor has no skills in his "area of epertise". Far to challenging and does not provide an environment of a safe place.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2010