Ratings for Dr. Kelly Driver

This doctor is now unfortunately in Victoria, BC. Hopefully she will go back to Ontario. Cold, lacks empathy, and is incompetent.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Dr. Driver is very helpful and kind. My meetings with her are always productive. She's supportive in our dialogue about my illness. The staff at Victoria Mental Health is excellent.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

Dr. Driver has been my doctor since November 2014. She's very thorough, knowledgeable, and attentive. I am very lucky to become her patient. She was there for me in the time of crisis. Equally she is with me in my remission. Dr. Driver is patient and kind, and always ready to support her patients in their endeavours.

Submitted February 9, 2016

I highly recommend Dr. Kelly Driver, psychiatrist, here in Victoria, B.C. She is very nice, compassionate, & she has a great sense of humour also. I was very fortunate that my other psychiatrist referred me to her when he left the Victoria Mental Health Centre & Patient Care Centre where Dr. Driver now works. I have seen 8 other psychiatrists here in Victoria, who all believe that I suffer from the so-called Bipolar Affective Disorder - aka Manic Depression. I say "so-called, because the shrinks believe that this mood disorder is due to a chemical imabalance in the brain. That is still just a theory so I'm still skeptical about the 'bipolar' label. However, I have experienced quite a few episodes of what the shrinks call "mania" & I have also experienced episodes of "depression" so perhaps manic depression is a good term for whatever it is that I have encountered. Dr. Driver rescued my mind from a terrible bout of insomnia which occured when I stopped taking my so-called "mood stabilizer" Seroquel - 300 mg per night. I was on a rollercoaster of a ride (mania) & Dr. Driver said that I was psychotic (loss of touch with reality). She had to give me a chemical -induced lobotomy in order to quell the so-called MANIA. I met Dr. Driver back in February, & have been visiting her monthly since being discharged from the Patient Care Centre (PCC). The PCC can be a scary place because it's a locked facility, & it's our only choice when we need urgent mental health care. I knew that I was in the hands of one of our best psychiatrists here in Victoria today. because my favorite shrink of all times, Dr. Nagendra MUNISWAMAPPA Sampath recommended her. Although at first, I thought that Dr. Driver was far too bossy & cold-blooded for a free high-spirited person like myself, I soon learned that she was just doing a great job of practicing her art, or modern day psychiatry, & where the shrink's main job is to ensure that their patients take her or him seriously. As long as you follow Dr. Driver's orders, I know that you won't find many shrinks at the PCC who are as great as she is! Although Dr. Driver specializes in schizophrenia & schizoaffective disorder, I am very fortunate that she decided to take on a so-called Bipolar client. I trust her 100 percent!!! Dr. Driver is now weining me off the chemical cocktail, & I'm going to follow her great advice. She is an excellent listener, takes the time to hear your input, & allows a little negotiation regarding the dangerous psychiatric drug(s) that we so-called Bipolars have to take, in order to stay relatively normal. Thank the Great Spirit for Dr. Kelly Driver!!! MJR

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

Ms Driver (does not deserve "Dr.") is obviously in the incorrect profession. After meeting her in the SSU, I have to agree with others here. She does not listen to patients and makes very quick decisions not taking into account the whole picture. She is rude, abrupt and I have never seen a bigger god complex out of a psychiatrist. Kelly - the job of God is already taken.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

I have been under Dr. Driver's care 3 times in the past few years. In April 2009 I saw her for the first time in the Mental Health Short Stay unit at St. Joseph's. She was cold and not very helpful and after talking to her at length for more than 1 visit she didn't realize I have borderline personality disorder. I saw her again in July 2009 and again she was very cold and uncaring. She speaks to her patients as if she doesn't care and that you are wasting her time. I saw her last a few weeks ago and had the same experience again. I really don't think she should be the regular psychiatrist for the short stay unit. The people on that unit are in crisis and she does nothing to help!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

I must agree with the comments regarding her incompetence. I saw her in the ER and after 10mins and four office visits (again 10mins in length)she had made a diagnosis, which (after seeing a new pdoc) was incorrect. I fully agree with the new diagnosis now that I am on the correct meds. I actually function now. I went through a year of h - e - double hockeysticks because of her and her not believing me. She even admitted to me once that she had not checked another patients bloodwork and that patient had a low thyroid level. Then she sent me for tests. Shouldn't you do that beforehand to rule out other medical issues???

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011

I must add corrected info. I am the person who posted below this. I did make some errors as I was posting from a platform, that made it difficult to make corrections. This woman is an incompetent and scary psychiatrist. She completely misdiagnosed me as well, and tried to get me on medication that caused me some permanent issues. When I told her she had made an error in diagnosing me with bipolar disorder, and confronted her with my history on official doctor's notes, she denounced me saying I must've forgot that I was diagnosed by my main doctor (I was not). She quickly dismissed me despite there being good reason to not diagnose me as Bipolar. When I asked her what symptoms I had, she said she didn't base it on that- just my history of what the doctors had said about me, despite them not confirming the disorder. She completely denied being wrong instead of confronting the reality she was errant. It's good to see i'm not the only person who finds her incompetent.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2010