Ratings for Dr. Chona Fernando

I was very impressed when prescribing my medications she first had my DNA analyzed to determine which medications were most effective for me and which ones weren't. She cuts right to the chase, doesn't mess around. She is very knowledgable and efficient. I can't say enough good things about her.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2017

I struggled with incompetent doctors misdiagnosing and prescribing wrong meds for YEARS! Dr. Fernando correctly diagnosed me in 20 minutes and got me on the right medications. She doesn't beat around the bush and is very to the point, but gets the job done. Only complaint is the wait times - I think they're often double booked.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Rudest psychiatrist I have ever met...actually baby talked me (with a goo goo ga ga voice and everything)...extremely abusive and manipulative. Do yourself a favor and find someone who actually respects you as a human being.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2015

Dr. Fernando is the bomb! I do not understand the negative comments here. She is extremely knowledgeable, personable and caring. I have recommended her to many of my friends and they are also well pleased with her.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

Does not return calls ever. Makes numerous perscription mistakes then makes you come to Lancaster office to chase her down and speaks only through secretary. Hands out diagnoses and meds with no counceling or follow through. Is inconsideate, irresponsible and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2012

Excellent Doctor. Very helpful and competent. The best Dr. I have ever worked with and she helped me with my depression.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

She made me functional again, incredible woman... I would never in a million years be where I am today without her help.. She is very direct and to the point and does not give in to excuses

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

Dr. Fernando is the best psychiatrist I've ever had, and I have had many! I cannot recommend her highly enough. She is real and right there. Her diagnostic skills are good as is her use of medication. I was dysfunctional for many years before finding her.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2011

Knowledgeable, but not very personable. Mainly saw her for medication management. Therapy skills weren't that great. I wouldn't recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2010