Ratings for Dr. Leah Harrington

My son was seeing her from birth until age two. She was punctual and seemed engaged the first time we met her. Every other appointment she would barely say two to three words before rushing off to the next patient. She books too many patients, is rarely punctual and minimum wait is 45 min to over 60 min. I finally got fed up when I was kept waiting for 45 minutes with my second child that was 5 days old in her waiting room. You think you are getting expertise but with two to three minutes for each patient interaction you could get better service from a walk-in clinic.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

I called to make a appointment for a check up for my kids and I was told check ups only happen in the summer, which is ridiculous!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Dr Harrington is absolutely amazing and I'm socked by some of the bad reviews on this site! She's been with my kids since they were born and she's referred us to specialists and caught things in time since day one. I also know many friends who have her and they say the same. Dr Harrington is extremely thorough and doesn't miss anything. I really don't care that she's not cuddly because that's not what I'm looking for in a doctor for my kids. I'd rather have someone smart and experienced. I've never had a bad visit with her and she's to the point which I like! Yes she's busy! She's probably one of the top pediatricans in Toronto! Again, I would highly recommend her and feel very lucky to have her look after my two kids.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017

Excellent Doctor. Her experience n knowledge shows. To the point. Works fast but she's effective.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

She's been our pediatrician since my older one was born 4 years ago. She's not the one to chat about the weather and make cooing noises at your baby, but she's knowledgeable and thorough. She's affiliated with SickKids and we've been refereed there when one of my kids developed a certain issue (which she caught on time with timely tests). The staff are very nice but a stressed - it's a walk-in as well as a clinic. Unless you get an early appointment, you always wait for about an hour, whether you have an appointment or not. But I trust her with my kids' health.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Dr. Harrington is very knowledgable and always accurate in her diagnosis. At fist, her hurried manner used to bother me but with time, I realize that I still get the required care for my boys. She has, on several occassions, called me at home to follow up and make sure they were doing well or given me her cell number in case they worsened and the clinic was closed. If you require an MD who spends lots of time discussing issues, she is probably not the right person for you. If you are happy with a quick diagnosis and sound knowledge, then I do recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Very rushed! The nurse and front staff are very rude. We had to call 3 times before anyone returned our message to make an appointment. You wait for over an hour, and then Dr Harrington rushes in. She never made eye contact or spoke directly to either of our sons. She is in and out in minutes, and does not have time for questions. The office is also very dirty, and there were many times when the paper on the exam table had not been changed, garbage cans and the used needle containers were overflowing. Not a great experience.

Submitted October 3, 2015

I felt that it was necessary for me to write a review on this doctor because she has been nothing but amazing since day 1. We brought our daughter to her from when she was only a few days old and Dr. Harrington was so thorough and attentive that she caught issues that nobody else had. If it wasn't for her finding and referring us to specialists my little girl would not be here today. Even now as we bring her (over 3 years later) she is always following up on past appointments with specialists, previous surgeries and has shown care, compassion and concern at all times. Although the office itself is busy and she may not be able to spend long amounts of time with each person this only proves that people are eager to have her because of her expertise. I am grateful to have such an incredible doctor for our daughter and will be forever thankful for all she has done.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

Our son is 3 weeks old and we have already been to the clinic 4 times - 3 times to see Dr. Harrington and once to the weekend walk-in paediatrician as recommended by Dr. Harrington to check up on weight and signs of jaundice. What impressed us the most and why we are so so thankful to have chosen her as our paediatrician was her catch of our son's UTI (urinary tract infection) at 2 week's old. He barely had any symptoms but because of a weight decrease and a slight fever a few days earlier, she was careful enough and knowledgeable enough to do a urine test and send us to the hospital when it tested positive. A few days later it was confirmed to be a UTI and if not caught early, a UTI can become something much more serious and affect the kidney. Even the paediatricians at the hospital were very impressed that Dr. Harrington had caught this early even though our son looked well and didn't have a fever. This experience has certainly solidified our choice of Dr. Harrington as our son's paediatrician. Yes, the clinic can sometimes be quite busy but she always takes the time to answer our questions and we have a lot of confidence in her.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

I saw Dr. Harrington for the first time with my newborn. We had a few visits and since my son's weight was not improving she quickly decided that the infant had to go to the hospital for admission. Her suspicion of a urine infection was correct. I was very thankful that she was able to care for my infant and get us the care we required so quickly.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015