Ratings for Dr. Rajiv Kumra

Please don't go to this [doctor], he only sees you as money/billable for OHIP. I am a registered nurse of 3 years in my profession and I have seen and experience doctors making diagnostics and a wide degree of patient care orientation skills. This man has NO patient care orientation skills. Family doctors are hard to find to Durham and I was accompanying my old relative to this clinic because it was accepting new patients. We sat down and the first thing he ask is what's her illness. After a couple of words exchanged, he cuts my relative off and starts checking off a SERIES of ultrasound, x-ray, and blood test that has nothing related to what my relative needs. As a nurse I am furious of this kind of practice and told him these test are unnecessary. He then says he's the doctor and knows what he is doing and rushed us out. I've never seen such practice before. We won't be going to this doctor anymore.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Dr is a hard job. Dr also can be in pain n frustrated, but should respect their business and other people health... We not here to judge. If you dont like a Dr simple look else where. Please do not watse anytime with rude people. Adults move on not complain... Smile and move on dont make someone that don't care put you down. I learn to move on. If you need to let someone know he's rude tell the Dr. and move on. Maybe someone need to be straight up to him so he can improve... Hope all you seek a wonderful Dr. We all need to feel respect and treat by someone who cares about people not money... ☺

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

He is so rude. There's something very wrong with this man. He told us we have to make separate appointments for each referral. I think he's on drugs! Kicked us out after only a few minutes. He's only about the money and does not care for his patients. I've never seen a doctors office waiting room totally empty. Explains a lot. I would never send my family to him. Horrible experience.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

This is the rudest doctor I have ever experienced! I was there to support my father who has parkinsons and came to support him after the doctor refused to make an appointment saying that he had too many problems. He told us we could only come fir one referral per visit. We would have to come separately 3 more times for each referral. Money grab!!!! After he made my dad do a slew of tests that made him money, he refused to help him out. He did not even say hello. Never would recommend at all!! He needs therapy!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

Just started seeing this doctor as my previous doctor retired and it's very rare to find a doctor in Durham who is taking new patients. Initially i found him to be rude and rushed through the appointment, he ordered a battery of tests, which i thought was very thorough of him. He was not at all personable, or pleasant. On my next appointment he arrived to work about 50 minutes after his office opened. Didn't apologize for being late for his appointments. Bedside manner non existent again. He is irritated, and impatient. I had a feeling that there was something wrong - it's odd for a doctor his age to start up a new practice, so i wondered if he'd been fired and sure enough i saw that he had lost his licence for 6 months. This man does not want to get to know his patients, it's just a production line of OHIP billings. I was in his office less than two minutes. He wrote me a prescription for blood pressure medication without taking my blood pressure - not appropriate. I accompanied my husband to his appointment - it's common knowledge that you should have someone with you when you get test results just to help you remember everything that was said. The doctor was rude about this and asked my husband if he had problems with his memory when he said he wanted me to be in the office with him. My husband and I left the office feeling really upset - it takes a lot to upset my husband. We felt like we'd been assaulted in some way. My husband asked him a question and he told him to google it! He literally said you health is your problem, i can't do anything for you. All in all I'm pretty disgusted that this man is allowed to practice medicine. He certainly isn't in the business because he cares about his patients well being. I'll continue to look for a replacement doctor. I won't be going there again, i care about myself far more than that.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

Dr. Kumra was very rude and got frustrated when I explained my problems. I need a new family doctor but will never go to him.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr. Kumra has opened up a practice in Pickering, Ontario in February 2017. WARNING before you see him: he has a past disciplinary actions against against him from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. He had his license revoked for a period of 6 months some time ago. He was disciplined for working while incapacitated while dependent on opioids and also for insurance fraud. There is a 48 page disciplinary hearing document about his dishonourable conduct that is readily downloadable from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario website by searching his name. Please make sure you are informed before trusting him with your healthcare!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I had the same family doctor for 15 years and she failed to send meto get any tests done, despite the fact my bones were all cracking and it was painful she insisted I was fine. My mother passed away young from heart disease and my old family doctor wouldn't send me to do any tests on my heart. I found Dr.Kumra and I am satisfied with him. He sent me to get all kinds of tests done that my prior doctor refused to do . X-rays , bone scans , blood work and ultrasounds ..

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

Stay away from this so called doctor. I went to "doctor" Kumra because I have a few medical problems and I needed to see a doctor. He was accepting new patients. I tried to explain what was wrong but he wouldn't even give me a chance just ordered a bunch of tests and had me fill out a bunch of paperwork. His office calls me back to come back in for the results which confirmed everything I was trying to tell him. Before I could even get a sentence out "doctor" Kumra tells me he cannot take me on as a patient and I have to go somewhere else for medical assistance in a very rude manner. I could not believe this guy. How is this guy even a doctor? He rushed me out of his office as fast as possible and just rudely repeated "go elsewhere for help." Someone please report this doctor to the Canadian Government. I think he is just running tests on people to collect money while pretending to be a doctor. He may have a Dr. title but this dude is not a doctor. Doctors help people who are sick. This guy doesn't do squat and he doesn't listen to you at all. After my experience with him I decided to google his name. After reading these reviews I am never stepping foot in that lunatics office again.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

I read so many bad comments here but there's nothing said recently. I think he was helpful and he's accepting new patients for family practice. I met him and I think he was pleasant I'm so glad to find a doctor like him and willing to take my family into his care. I have a lot of faith in him. He took the time to explain everything and examine us. Most people just want to complain about anything. I also want to add the secretary is very friendly and greets you with such a pleasant smile. Thanks guys!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017