Ratings for Dr. Peter Callan

Mr Peter Callan performed blepharoplasty surgery for me 6 months ago which was fabulously successful. I'm not young but my family and I were surprised how quickly it healed. One of the unexpected benefits is that it changed my posture because I no longer need to lift my chin to see past my eyelids. Peter provided unfailing care and attention and not once did I feel I was on my own throughout the process. Peter and his team are very well experienced and professional and I would have no hesitation recommending him.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

Dr Peter Callan is an exceptional rhinoplasty surgeon and has had a meaningful and positive impact on my life. The level of careful consideration, skill and thought Dr Callan put into my rhinoplasty was extraordinary. Dr Callan was very generous with his time during the pre-surgery consultations and shared his understanding and considered views with how an authentic, harmonious and balanced look could be achieved. I had a genetically large dorsal hump and was unsure whether to have surgery until I met with Dr Callan. He was compassionate and listened to my concerns, and kindly stepped me through what to expect which was also illustrated with digital images. Dr Callan met me in person before surgery, after the procedure to check on my progress and was there to talk through any questions together. Dr Callan and the entire Peter Callan team in Geelong were so warm, supportive and lovely. It was like coming home to a second family, I was so happy to share my progress and how my confidence had grown with such positive results. Dr Callan ensured I had periodic check-ups post procedure for the next twelve months to see how the rhinoplasty settled over time. I highly recommend anyone considering rhinoplasty to consult with Dr Callan. I am truly grateful and thankful for my experience.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

He is a terrible surgeon. Rhinoplasty nightmare! He will tell you he can fix your nose, instead he makes an absolute mess of it!!!! I had to go back twice and he still didn't get it right. My nose was better before he hacked at it. He put an insert in my nose the first time without permission and charged me for it and then removed it the second time after he realized it was all wrong. At no stage did he admit his fault! Stay away from him

Submitted March 29, 2016

Incredible work, very skilled and professional. Very knowledgable and he will tell it to you straight. All staff were very supportive genuine and honest. My experience was very positive and I 100%reccomend Peter to everyone I meet!

Submitted October 14, 2013

I went to see Mr Peter Callan in Geelong upon recommendation from a friend and I am so glad that I did. Mr Callan was very professional, the rooms are lovely and the staff can't be faulted. Mr Callan always spent a lot of time with me discussing what I wanted and what we could do to fix my nose. We also spoke about some breathing issues that can be corrected with the septoplasty as well. It was also comforting to hear from him, and staff, that rhinoplasty was one of his favourite procedures so I knew I was in good hands. Post op wasn't the easiest thing to go through, as is the case for all rhinoplasty patients and it was so great having Peter and staff checking in on me all the time (weekends included!) to keep my spirits up. I'm delighted with the results. I can't commend Mr Peter Callan enough on his professionalism and importantly, his expertise and skill.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

Had facial fillers inserted. Looked OK until swelling went down. Then my face went back to exactly how it was prior to fillers. Will not go back.Very arrogant man.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

DON'T go and see Peter Callan about your nose if you have anything more than a minor cosmetic concern. He has no idea how to fix most nose issues, and he knows it; but instead of being honest to his patients he lies and tells them the problem CAN'T be fixed (not just that HE doesn't know how to because he's not a very good surgeon). If anyone has a crooked nose he either tells them it can't be fixed or fobs them off to Noel Russell (an ENT) for a septoplasty (Noel's septoplasties DON'T straighten the nose, and leave the patient with a drooping tip and hanging columella; and the patient is also worse off because Noel's super-aggressive technique leaves them no "spare" septum if they ever want their nose repaired by a surgeon who actually knows what they're doing). Peter also has no real idea how to perform secondary nose surgery, which is why when patients come to him for a revision he pressures them into getting juvederm injections instead.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2010