Ratings for Dr. Mary Power-Connon

Horrendous doctor. Mary is as bad as the perpetrator who abused me. She yelled at me after a suicide attempt. She also misdiagnosed me with Borderline personality disorder. My advice to anyone that is considering seeing this thing DONT....

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

Was prescribed medication which I used to attempt suicide, was consequently hospitalised for a week. When I went back to see her, she gave me an almost identical script. Irresponsible to say the least. She exhibited limited empathy toward the situation, was ude, condescending and overbearing at times and our conversations consisted of light chit chat. Sessions often ended early but was charged the full hour. Highly disapponting.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

I would never in a million years recommend anyone to this Dr and I am not too sure why this Dr is even working in psychiatry as she is extremely cold, bitter and one of the rudest psychiatrists I've ever come across. This Dr crosses the line in so many ways and preys on the extremely vulnerable, It's extremely disappointing and heart wrenching to witness.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

She really seems good for some people and terrible for others. I was 20 at the time and she could be so patronising. Looking at the comments I am not the only one who she has yelled at. A psychiatrist yelling at a patient with PTSD. She yelled at me for crying as if she had hurt me. She pointed at the hospital saying "do you want to go back in there?" over and over. She told me her most harrowing cases asking "Do you want to be like that? Too afraid to leave the house?" while I'm crying in foetal position facing the wall. I wish I was making this up. I was too sick at the time to lodge a formal complaint by by God I wish I had. After a year with her I went somewhere else with no regrets.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

Dr Mary is a wonderful and kind doctor. She helped me heal and believe in myself. I now feel incredible and my life has changed i got engaged and have had a baby. Thank you Dr Mary!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

Warning! Don't see this doctor if you have a substance abuse or addiction or dependency!!! I haven't actually seen Dr Power-Connon but called her receptionist Sue to find out if she could assist me even though I have a dependency on marijuana, as far as I know Sue was happy to provide information about seeing Dr Power-Connon and she advised she would speak to Dr P-C about it and get back to me. I recieved a cold voicemail advising me Dr P-C isn't taking on any new patients and to take my business elsewhere. If I had simply got a referral and seen her first I am sure as heck I would be giving her a terrible review right now. She seems to not get along with us who suffer from addictions.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

I went for an IME and beforehand read all the mixed reviews here about Dr Power-Connor. I was nervous and I have attended MANY WorkCover IME’s over the years. The Psychiatrist I met was a good person. She was kind, compassionate, had empathy, made me feel as ease and understood. I remained cautious and careful throughout the medical, but Dr Power-Connor “for me” was kind and not cruel like so many “independent” medical doctors. Her report accurately reflected my state of health and reaffirmed my existing condition and recommended no change or reduction in existing treatments. Before the medical, I CAREFULLY read the reviews, good & bad, here. The Dr Power-Connor that assessed me was the nicest doctor I have met in 9 years on WorkCover and I HAVE met some very nasty ones.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Over the years I have seen a number of psychiatrists, and Mary is by far the most compassionate and practical. She responds to me as an individual, not a diagnosis, is funny and down to earth and heavily invested in empowering her patients so we don't feel helpless due to illness. Her receptionist Sue is open and warm. I just hope I can find a doctor as good as her in my new city!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

She's helped me over the years. Can't complain. I'm better now

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Dr Mary is a excellent psychiatrist, she is knowledgable and compassionate. I have found her easy to talk to and very helpful.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2015