Ratings for Dr. Mary Power-Connon

Dr Mary is a wonderful and kind doctor. She helped me heal and believe in myself. I now feel incredible and my life has changed i got engaged and have had a baby. Thank you Dr Mary!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

Warning! Don't see this doctor if you have a substance abuse or addiction or dependency!!! I haven't actually seen Dr Power-Connon but called her receptionist Sue to find out if she could assist me even though I have a dependency on marijuana, as far as I know Sue was happy to provide information about seeing Dr Power-Connon and she advised she would speak to Dr P-C about it and get back to me. I recieved a cold voicemail advising me Dr P-C isn't taking on any new patients and to take my business elsewhere. If I had simply got a referral and seen her first I am sure as heck I would be giving her a terrible review right now. She seems to not get along with us who suffer from addictions.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

I went for an IME and beforehand read all the mixed reviews here about Dr Power-Connor. I was nervous and I have attended MANY WorkCover IME’s over the years. The Psychiatrist I met was a good person. She was kind, compassionate, had empathy, made me feel as ease and understood. I remained cautious and careful throughout the medical, but Dr Power-Connor “for me” was kind and not cruel like so many “independent” medical doctors. Her report accurately reflected my state of health and reaffirmed my existing condition and recommended no change or reduction in existing treatments. Before the medical, I CAREFULLY read the reviews, good & bad, here. The Dr Power-Connor that assessed me was the nicest doctor I have met in 9 years on WorkCover and I HAVE met some very nasty ones.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Over the years I have seen a number of psychiatrists, and Mary is by far the most compassionate and practical. She responds to me as an individual, not a diagnosis, is funny and down to earth and heavily invested in empowering her patients so we don't feel helpless due to illness. Her receptionist Sue is open and warm. I just hope I can find a doctor as good as her in my new city!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

She's helped me over the years. Can't complain. I'm better now

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Dr Mary is a excellent psychiatrist, she is knowledgable and compassionate. I have found her easy to talk to and very helpful.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2015

For your own mental wellbeing DO NOT see this so called doctor. She is rude,aggressive and incompetent. I left the room in tears due to her losing her temper and accused me of something that wasn't true. She went bright red raised her voice and started tapping her chest. I couldn't believe a doctor would behave in this way. I had recently attempted suicide under HER care and her behaving the way she did could have very easily tipped me over the edge.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

The most cold hearted psychiatrist I have ever met!. I am embaressed that she is even qualified and practicing. If your mental illness isn't extremely debilitating, IT WILL BE AFTER YOU SEE HER. Absolutely shocking!!!!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

I was sent to Dr Power Connon for a medical examination by the Superannuation Board. Despite not knowing me before she made me feel at ease. I believe that she is good at her job and truly independent. I recently obtained a copy of her report and I believe she got it completely right and described me exactly as my wife sees me. I do thank her for what she did for me in that 90 minutes.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

One of the most rude doctor and her receptionist I have ever come across. My daughter was not happy with her psychiatrist so someone recommended Mary Power - Cannon ( won't call her a doctor ) She wanted pages and pages of referral from her GP. The obvious person was her previous Psychiatrist Chia Huang who will not supply this info to Power-Cannon without written request from her. This request by Power-Cannon was not forthcoming. Here was my daughter not knowing what was going on as no straight answers were forthcoming from secretary of both Psychiatrists. So I get involved and ended up speaking to rude crude Sue in Power-Cannon's room. She told me that "Yes both Psychiatrist spoke to each other and Power-Cannon is not willing to take her on. On asking as to why she did not ring my daughter and let her know. Rude Sue says "well her old Psychiatrist suppose to do that". I thought that was amazing that rude Sue did not have the courtesy to inform prospective patient. I find that amazing in 2015 Australia !

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015