Ratings for Dr. Samaad Malik

I was referred to Doctor Malik here in Victoria, BC for Hernia surgery. The first one was done by orthoscopic style. Top of my belly button area, neat and tight. Back on my feet in 6weeks . My second one was off to the left side of the bellybutton and they opened me up to complete this one. Again the neat and tight styleof scare you can not see. I am careful with this one even though I was walking in 3 days I still waited my 10 weeks. He even phoned me at home after the surgeries to see how I was doing , that is amazing to me for a doctor to take the time to see how I am doing. The OR team both times were a tight crew. They took very good care. For I am a very fast waking up person, they were very ready for me. Sheri, one of the most relaxed but effective personal within this office. What ever the issue she will find a result, even if it is a no it is the result you need. Yes, I recommend this Doctor as well any one under his instructions to be a confendent surgeon, and I am fortunate to have him here in Victoria.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

Dr Malik is excellent. Recently had a procedure done by him. His “prep” instructions were the best” straight forward & not as Yicki, as the ones I have had in the past. My procedure started right on time !! Sherri in the office is outstanding. What an awesome team !!!!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

Dr. Malik was Great !! Can't say anything bad... I went under the knife as I've had ongoing Gall Bladder problems for a long long time...I had no idea they were Gall Bladder problems but since he worked his magic I've don't remember feeling better !! Mine was also not an easy laproscopic in and out as I did have lots of internal scar tissue from a very old procedure. However Dr. Malik got the job done and although recovery wa a bit longer my over all well being has improved immensely and just in case you're reading this Doc...I will be soon ready for my hernia repair I feel so good now, exercise is a regular part of my day. Thank You Sir !!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

Kind, intelligent and skilled...his assistant was wonderful!

flag | Submitted December 27, 2017

Worst bedside manner and very imature. Incredibly insensitive when dealing with palliative patients and their families. Biggest jerk ever

Submitted August 2, 2017

He is so nice and really enjoys what he does! His office staff are wonderful. Thank you for doing my surgery! A talented surgeon! I would recommend him with no hesitation!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2017

I had a colon resection done by Dr. Malik and have never been treated in such a condescending, rude manner in my life. He sent me home without adequate pain control and missed the thrush I had developed in my mouth. I would never go near this arrogant man again. Horrible experience.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

I was referred to Doctor Malik here in Victoria, BC for Hernia surgery. I was very impressed with him and felt totally comfortable with him doing the surgery. He even phoned me at home a few days after the surgery to see how I was doing , that is the first time a doctor has phoned me at home to see how I am doing in 40 years! Before surgery I could hear him chatting with the OR team and wow, what a nice guy, and the OR staff seemed to really like him, it really made me feel good about going in for surgery. Yes, I recommend him, a great surgeon, and we are fortunate to have him here in Victoria!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

I was referred to Dr Malik for a surgical opinion. He was sincere and so not rushed like most doctors. I felt very comfortable with him. After surgery, he called me at home to see how I was doing...so sweet and caring! He is truly gifted in what he does. An honest, sincere and humble surgeon! I wish we had more like him!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Got referred for a hernia...after months of pain... he told me no lump in your lower abdomin im not even gong to utrasound you.. months later after big complications and an ULTRASOUND boom a hernia, i will be going for surgery soon and hope he is not the referred surgeon.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2017