You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Samaad Malik

The staff was good, however, this being the 2nd time I have seen Doctor Malik. I have to agree that he is very arrogant, and fails the biggest test at being a good Doctor, that being a failure to listen. If it was not for the fact that we live in a country where we are stuck with the doctor we get, I would shrug it off and see somebody else, but I am forced to live with his decisions. Too bad our life is literally in one man's​ arrogant hands.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

My experience with Dr. Malik and his office staff could not have been better. It was an extremely pleasant and smooth experience considering that it was my first diagnosis of cancer and the situation was quite urgent. From the initial consultation Dr. Malik was open, honest, and informative, in a caring and personable manner. The scheduling of the surgery and associated appointments was handled very expediently, in particular Sherri was always very cheerful, and skillfully handled any scheduling issues that came up. The operation itself was very successful and he was able to get all of the tumour (I'm amazed that major surgery like this can be done laparoscopically), leaving only a few tiny incisions which are healing up nicely with no post-op complications. It has been a week or so has passed since the surgery. On the day following the surgery, his resident came to the hospital to do my post-op checkup as Dr. Malik was prepping for another surgery at a different hospital. After the checkup was complete Dr. Malik initiated an iPhone Facetime session from his Operating Room to the residents iPhone and we were able to talk face-to-face. In addition to this he phoned me during his vacation to give me some good news on the results of my biopsy pathology, so I didn't have to wait until his return.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

Excellent experience and would highly recommend him. He is quick and efficient but more than willing to answer any questions. Everything I expected in a general surgeon. I am recovering very well from gallbladder removal surgery and it is in large part due to his skill. The incisions were small and flawless and are healing up very nicely. His personal assistant is probably one of the best assistants in healthcare I have dealt with. Due to the healthcare situation in BC, operating room time is scarce. She worked extremely hard with other personal assistants for surgeons in the practice to either get me on a cancellation list or to get me scheduled with Dr.Malik. She is very personable, honest and diligent. Dr.Malik's skill and his personal assistant's helpfulness made a huge difference. I wish everyone's surgical experience could go this well. Also I spoke with personal assistants for other surgeons in the practice when they tried to get me scheduled via the cancellation/last minute wait list and they were very kind and compassionate. If they reflect the surgeons they work for, I don't think you could go wrong with any of the surgeons at Victoria's Surgical Consultants practice.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

Good surgeon with a big heart. Thank you to you and your team.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

After reading the reviews I was a bit worried about having Dr. Malik as my surgeon, but I must say he was excellent. His office visits were short and to the point but he would answer any questions you have. He came to see me after my surgery and we had a nice chat and he followed up with a phone call to my home. I must say I have nothing negative to say about him. For those of you who are doing weight loss surgery don't blame him for being blunt or wanting you to lose weight, it is for your own good....I lived through it so can you.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

I have had 2 surgeries done by Dr. Malik, both times he has been very helpful and gentle in his manner of how he treats you as a patient, he is very skilled and makes sure that you are comfortable afterwards, checking up on you regularly. His personal assistant is awesome, friendly and easy to talk too.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Dr Malik is the consummate professional. He is thorough, thoughtful and gentle. His concerns for the patient are evident in his manner, examination technique and questions. His methodical "do no harm" approach is greatly appreciated. My wife and I are assured that Dr.Malik's approach will result in collection of the necessary facts to allow a reasoned and responsible resolution of my condition.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2015

My experience with Dr. Malik was terrible, he was arrogant and did not read my referral clearly and proceeded to stick his finger in my belly button where there was a small umbilical hernia. The issue was my 20 cm hernia in my abdomen that he did not even address and missed on the form. I was sticking out like I was 6 months pregnant woman and was in extreme pain, all he could say is that he could not help me and proceeded to send me back to the Royal Jubilee Emergency. I waited from August to September in extreme pain to see him all for him to miss my extremely large hernia. It took many more trips to the Emergency before I was finally referred to and received the surgery I required in November. That is a 4 months ERROR on his part!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Dr. Malik was clear and to point when he told me I would have to have part of my colon removed. He answered all my questions and when I had questions after the first visit he responded right away. My surgery went well and I had a strong recovery, with no complications. He was very professional and did a great job. I feel fortunate to have had such a great doctor.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

Dr Malik was very straight forward and to the point about what was expected of me post op. He managed to send out all the referals to other specialists very quickly. I finished up all my appointments very fast as I was eager to see him again. I havent yet had a date for my surgery but he has assured me that I wont be waiting for years, unlike a few people I know who are with another surgeon. Thanks Dr. Malik for being friendly, professional and efficient. See you soon!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Dr. Samaad Malik's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "The staff was good, however, this being the 2nd time I have seen Doctor Malik. I have to agree that he is very arrogant, and fails the biggest test at being a g..."

December 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My experience with Dr. Malik and his office staff could not have been better. It was an extremely pleasant and smooth experience considering that it was my firs..."

November 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent experience and would highly recommend him. He is quick and efficient but more than willing to answer any questions. Everything I expected in a general..."

August 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Good surgeon with a big heart. Thank you to you and your team."

August 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After reading the reviews I was a bit worried about having Dr. Malik as my surgeon, but I must say he was excellent. His office visits were short and to the po..."

August 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have had 2 surgeries done by Dr. Malik, both times he has been very helpful and gentle in his manner of how he treats you as a patient, he is very skilled and..."

June 26, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.stjohn.org/ProvidencePark/specialties/emergency/". Postal Code has been updated from "V8N1" to "48374". Address has been updated from "None" to "47601 Grand River Avenue". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "12484654210".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Malik is the consummate professional. He is thorough, thoughtful and gentle. His concerns for the patient are evident in his manner, examination technique an..."

May 23, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "My experience with Dr. Malik was terrible, he was arrogant and did not read my referral clearly and proceeded to stick his finger in my belly button where there..."

February 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Malik was clear and to point when he told me I would have to have part of my colon removed. He answered all my questions and when I had questions after th..."

November 11, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Malik was very straight forward and to the point about what was expected of me post op. He managed to send out all the referals to other specialists very qui..."

October 30, 2014
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I was referred for gall bladder removal; he suggested it might be something else despite having SEEN my ultrasound an the gall bladder is absolutely STUFFED wit..."

September 29, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "dr malik is probably the greatest surgeon ive ever met! he is straight and to the point. if you don't do the work you won't get a result. he is realistic and ha..."

September 27, 2014