Ratings for Dr. Samaad Malik

Dr. Malik is an excellent surgeon who cares about his patient's concerns and takes the time to answer your questions in terms you can understand. My gastrojejunostomy was complicated but a successful​ outcome was achieved. I am very happy with my situation and am very grateful to Dr. malik for his care.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

Dr Malik is a gift to us in Victoria. His knowledge and skill are unsurpassed. He saved my life and he is my hero.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

Dr. Malik has never been anything less than amazing to me. I had a gastric sleeve performed by him in January 2015 and he was excellent leading up to, during and after the surgery. #1 in my books!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

I'm a 53 year old man who saw Dr Malik for a laparoscopic sigmoid resection which was complicated by a fistula between the colon and bladder. Leading up to our first meeting, I was a nervous wreck - but within seconds, he instilled confidence in me to proceed with the surgery. He certainly outlined the risks and then simply asked if I would like to proceed. I recall saying to him "well I can't live like this" and his response was "well you are now". Which gave me a chuckle as it was so true... do something about my situation or continue suffering. I had surgery at 7:30 am Aug. 15 and after 3 hours of surgery - I was released Aug. 19 @ 9:30 am! All I can say is thank god I was able to be operated by this highly skilled surgeon. His surgical talents, confidence and humour left me with nothing but respect for Dr Malik and the amazing team that he had assembled at VGH. I especially enjoyed the humorous banter between Dr Malik and the sweetest anaesthesiologist ever. He visited me shortly after surgery to see how I was doing, then his extremely caring assistant would visit me daily with 2 occasions of FaceTime meetings with Dr Malik. So cool that he embraces technology to keep a personal touch with his patients. As for the operation... I walked out of the hospital with dignity (which is amazing for this kind of surgery). I have no stitches or staples, I was off all pain medication from day 4, I'm walking with minimal discomfort and I could not be happier. His assistant Sheri is equally amazing and on top of this busy man's schedule. Thank you Dr Malik for giving me back the health that diverticulitis had been robbing me for nearly a decade.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2016

I was diagnosed for colon cancer over a month ago. I met with Dr. Malik to discuss my surgery. I am shocked that some find he is arrogant which he is definitely not. He was kind, compassionate and listened to me as I was scared and upset at the same time. He reassured me that I am in good hands and he will take care of me. I had my surgery May 17th and was in the hospital for only two days. He called after the stat holiday to see how I was doing and of course I was in pain, due to the surgery. He did call a few days later to see how I was doing, but called me again to tell me that the biopsy report has shown that I now need chemo. I started to cry and he was just silent, so that I can absorb the news and just cry. He referred me to an oncologist and the wheels are now in motion, as all this took less than a month. I had a CT scan to ensure the cancer did not spread to any of my major organs and it did not. I was told by the oncologist that Dr. Malik removed all that was in the wall of my stomach and did not go near my margins, as sometimes the most skilled surgeons do. I just want to thank you so much for your skilled hands and your passion as a surgeon. God bless you Dr. Malik and your wonderful staff.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

Compassionate, Skilled and a great sense of humour...really eased my nerves in the operating room...thank you!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

I recently had an appointment with Dr. Malik. I was seeing him because I have a condition in which my body develops benign lipomas. I have had a few removed over the years . None of them have been for cosmetic reasons. I have ONLY ones removed that have caused me pain. I pay my msp every month and feel quite upset today after my visit with Dr. Malik. I have a 'lipoma' in my groin region which is sentiive to touch and causing me a great deal of grief. He did listen to me and instead told me that I would have to seek private care because in his opinion I was seeking cosmetic surgery. I am NOT concerned with the way it looks. It hurts me! I AM limping! You're terrible bedside manner and overall lack of caring makes me feel like you are in the wrong field! I will be filing a formal complaint! You wasted my time and solved absolutely nothing! Very unprofessional and I would not recommend anyone deal with him.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

Amazing. Saved my life. Not the best bed side manner but who cares hes exceptional in his field.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

I Have to say the first time I met Dr Malik he didn't seem to have the best bed side manner. But the day of and after surgery check ups the man is amazing!!! He is very passionate about his work and in my opinion one if the best surgeons I have ever had and would HIGHLY recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

The staff was good, however, this being the 2nd time I have seen Doctor Malik. I have to agree that he is very arrogant, and fails the biggest test at being a good Doctor, that being a failure to listen. If it was not for the fact that we live in a country where we are stuck with the doctor we get, I would shrug it off and see somebody else, but I am forced to live with his decisions. Too bad our life is literally in one man's​ arrogant hands.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015