Ratings for Dr. Afshin Jahromi

Very knowledgeable and great bedside manners! Would definitely recommend him to others!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

I ended up in ER with a problem and Dr. Jahromi was assigned my case. As there was no referral I was a bit uneasy about getting the "on call" doctor. However, I found him very personable and understanding. He stayed and patiently waited while I cried when I found out the problem, the resolution and permanent disability I would be left with. He explained every detail of the problem, the surgical procedure and the aftermath. I am very impressed by him and his abilities!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

My husband 76 years young was operated by Dr.A.Jahromi recently,at first we were uneasy about the procedure to be done by a doctor we didn't know much of his skills and there wasn't much information about him on internet,let me tell you he did operate my husband's aneurysm and on the 3rd day my husband was home,not much discomfort for him at home,recovery was smooth without any problem.If you are a patient and are wondering about Dr.Jahromi's skills don't worry you'll be in good hands.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

My opinion is one of great respect for this surgeon. I had an appt. with Dr.Jahromi and found him to be a perfect gentleman.I was referred to Dr.Jahromi by my family physician, Dr.H.J. Reid-Rafla (another fine physician). My next appt.with Dr.Jahromi is scheduled for Feb.10,2014 at the Guelph Gen.Hosp. I rate this surgeon as a 10/10.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

He performed a carotid artery blockage on my dad and explained the risks of the surgery and the risks of not having it done. Yes, he's soft spoken, which i think some of you are mistaking for unprofessionalism, but he was very concerned with my father, the day of the surgery he came into the waiting room right after the surgery to tell me that it went well. I am thankful and very impressed with him and his staff.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2013

I'm usually not the type to complain, however, I feel that my experience with Dr. Jahromi and his staff merit a response. In April of 2012 I was scheduled to have the vnus procedure to repair a diseased vein in my leg. A week before the surgery I called Dr. Jahromi's office to confirm the time and amount. What his secretary told me took me by surprise. She had stated that I was not in the system and that nothing was scheduled for April, even though I had booked and confirmed the appointment with his office as of February. I filed a formal complaint against his secretary who was solely responsible for this mess, but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. Fast forward to November I still have no word on a surgery date. There is more to this story, however, it would take more than what I'm allowed to type. Needless to say I'm seeking alternatives. Dr. Jahromi and his staff are some of the most unprofessional and uncaring people I have ever come across. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2012

My family Dr. passed me along to see Dr. Jahromi on a rush basis, and that was a great day for my family. First impression was "he looks awful young", and after our third visit, "are you up to this operation?' his smile and 'certainly' had myself & my wife on side. Vivian, in Kitchener, and Debbie, in Guelph served, and treated us very well. Since that aorta replacement with dacron, Dr. Jahromi has operated on my wife with no problems what so ever.He knows most of our family through our operations, and would be more than welcome in our home anytime night or day! "Thanks Doctor and all the Best from Us."

flag | Submitted June 28, 2012

I wish i knew about him prior to my Dad having such a large surgery, My Dad passed away only 11 days ago. Had we known the complications to this surgery we would have gone a different way. The procedure was not fully explained and what the out come would be.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

I felt very comfortable with Dr Jahromi. He seemed very knlwledgeable and personable. I am very happy to be under this doctors care.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2011

Dr Jahromi fixed my aneurysm. He was very patient and explained things clearly. Surgery went well. Would highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011