Ratings for Dr. Gerald E. Dworkin

He and his office staff are very poor at returning phone calls (even emergency calls) and their system for filling prescriptions is archaic and crazy. For some reason he cannot just call a pharmacy or write you a prescription. You must wait DAYS and DAYS for his staff to contact a by mail pharmacy, then you have to wait for it to be packed and shipped. And if they ship it on a Friday, guess what, you're not getting it til Monday. Who cares if you're in pain or dependent or not...

flag | Submitted August 2, 2015

Longest wait I've ever had at a doctors office. Over two hours. The staff said its like this all the time. THEN FIX IT!!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

I was in a lot of pain, he was the only one out of 3 physicians that could get me off narcotics...

flag | Submitted February 15, 2015

I have been seeing Gerald Dworkin since I was 17, I am 25 now. He is very sympathetic to my needs and my level of pain. He gives me great advice as to whether it is wise to continue with steroid injections or to look into further surgery. People are pushy with him when it comes to medication. Half the people there are drug seekers on workman's comp who are displeased when he won't give them what they want, but he takes the utmost discretion when it comes to prescribing narcotics. For the record, the reason why his wait time can be long is because he rushes from the surgery center to the paoli office and sometime you know, things take longer than people wish. He has a dry sense of humor which apparently people take as him being rude but trust me this man is reliable and he cares about his patients. Also when he performs your injections in office it can take anywhere from 30 mins for cervical to an hour for epidural. At least he's not making you bill insurance for hospital stays.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2013

This doctor is great! Many people who come to him only come to him because they want drugs and then take it out on him when he doesnt give in! He was so friendly and helpful to me and helped to get rid of a pain I got after one of the worse car accidents. Without his help I would still be crippled with pain. Do not listen to every review because many people who go to him are ill insured patients who only want their drugs. His upbeat personality made me feel comfortable and not afraid. I trust him and so should you!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013

2 visits- over 6 1/2 hours in the waiting room- no, I am not kidding. I saw him for a total of 15 minutes in 2 visits. He was to do an EMG- it took him less than 5 minutes to do it and that is not normal. very uncaring, and pushy.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2012

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011

flag | Submitted March 27, 2011

Dr. Dworkin seemed to take pleasure in his patients pain. Even went so far as to say, "will you tell me anything I want?" while he had a needle stuck in my spine. Left the room with the needle sticking in my spine. Takes a sick pleasure in the pain of his patients and even enjoys hurting people. Do NOT go to this psycho!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2010

Dr. Gerald E. Dworkin's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Wilmington, DE