Ratings for Dr. Davey Young Ming Gin

so my parents are senior citizens and both have been seeing Dr. Gin for some time. Although he is very punctual he does indeed just focus on his computer clicking away at buttons the entire time. My father sees him often as he is a diabetic and dealing with sciatic pain. Dr. prescribed him meds for pain which actually highten his sugar levels. A few days ago Dr. told my father that he worries too much and should change his religious faith. We are of Hindu origin. Dr. recommended he should become a Christian and all of his worries will go away by him attending a few days at Church. Completely stupid why should someone change their faith. He is an MD he is supposed to help people medically. I guess he is now a religious healer as well. Waste of time to see this guy.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

He has been my Doctor for 2 years, he knows his stuff. As long as you don't go in with a big list of problems and just have 1 or 2 main issues he will take care of you, he will get the proper investigations done and he will find out whats wrong with you

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

One word horrible! Don't go that's all! It will save you a lot of emotional abuse!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

I have been using Dr. Gin for 9 years now and I lovd him. He is blunt but friendly, he's a great doctor!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

I'm diabetic and my family doctor moved. My mom told me to try out Dr gin but warned me that she wasn't a fan of his attitude. He's a great doctor with great information but he's just not "warm", which quite frankly I don't care as long as I stay healthy. I ended up in hospital quite sick... they weren't able to figure out what was wrong and prescribed me tons of medication, after discharging myself I went to see Dr gin, who got me specialist appointments and was able to tell me what was wrong with me. Yes he may rush or be short with his answers but he is a great doctor. His staff is a little "frazzled" though... She's called me with wrong information or called to ask if I booked an appointment 15 minutes before my actual appointment. One time she called to schedule my specialist appointment , something to do with a prostate.. I'm a female lol. She is very nice but maybe not the best with the phone.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Dr. Gin was the first doctor to quickly realize the need for extra investigation into my husband's liver issues, which 2 others had either brushed off or diagnosed as mono, but are serious and on-going. His interest in resolving complex health issues, and evident up to date knowledge surpassed what I have experienced in other GPs. I highly recommend him. He was quick to refer my kids to an expert allergy specialist and me to a top urologist. Expect to be rushed for routine issues and appointments, but have him laser target complex issues that need a expert referral / investigation. Oh, and Pap tests can be difficult to schedule.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

I Have been seeing Dr. Gin for 7 years now, and honestly it took me a while to like him. He gives short answers and doesn't like to spend a lot of time with you. The best thing about him is he doesn't prescribe medication for everything. There are too many doctors these days that take money from the pharmaceutical companies, and he is not one of them. Once when I was there for my appointment, some pharmaceutical reps came to his office and he told them to "get out right now". Funny guy! I would say to be patient and give him some time, he is a good knowledgable doctor.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

He is not my normal family practitioner; I just saw him because mine was on vacation. This was my first time visiting him, and it will be my last. By far the worst bedside manner I have ever seen. He barely made eye contact since he was clicking away at his laptop practically the whole time. He asked questions abruptly and in a rushed manner. He seemed rude and did not care to investigate further into my problem. After I explained my symptoms, he barely checked me over, and claimed he "had no idea what was wrong with me." I am glad he is not my family practitioner, and he will never be. Also, his receptionist was quite rude and unfriendly when I inquired about my appointment, and did not seem to care about looking for my file since I was not a regular patient. I highly recommend not seeing this doctor.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013

I wanted to rate him as "0" but there is no such thing. Well I have to give "1" even though it's against my will, frankly I don't feel like giving him any. Some commented about his punctuality but that's about it. I'm just waiting for all the results and I am taking him to the highest court to file a complain for misdiagnosed. mistreated or . He doesn't even explain to you of some test results and instead he give you a copy of your test result, how pathetic can you be. Also how can a doctor get mad to a patient taking his precious 10-20 minute of his time when he is paid for 1 hour to do the job as a doctor. How dare you, you are so greedy. Once I get all the results, then you will see what I will do next. I would surely need help from patients of his to connect with me so that we can make actions. Thanks for reading.....

Submitted March 21, 2013

I am not one to leave reviews...ever. This review isn't even based on my personal experience with this "doctor". Yes, that's right..."doctor". If you want a "doctor" with the following qualities: 1) He tells patients that they are not allowed to complain so much in one visit; 2) He informs patients that he only has 10 minutes of his precious time with them; 3) He doesn't thoroughly explain test results; and 4) He misses glaring abnormalities on medical results and will only address them if you point it out.... Well if this is what you are searching for...then look no further! I am shocked and appalled about my mother's current experience with this "doctor". Thankfully, my mother emailed me her test results because I was able to highlight some questionable findings which she then brought to his attention. "Oops, I did it again" - After reading other reviews, it seems like an appropriate phrase to sum up this doctor's intelligence.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013