Ratings for Dr. George L. Grillon

Dr. Grillon fit me for an appliance to stop teeth grinding in my sleep. Despite returning for an adjustment, the appliance never fit right; it was so tight it gave me headaches, and it extended over my tongue in a way that made me drool and slur my speech. Dr. Grillon wouldn't listen to my concerns and told me it was fine during my initial fitting and follow-up for adjustment. He kept insisting it was supposed to be tight. Later, a physical therapist confirmed that the appliance was wreaking havoc on my facial muscles. I had my regular dentist adjust it today, and I feel SO much better. In fact, my dentist asked, incredulously, "Who made this for you?" Grillon also did a wisdom teeth extraction for me that was a nightmare. He started pulling before the twighlight sedation or novacaine did the trick. I was crying and groaning throughout the procedure, and I remember every minute. If you read the Yelp reviews for this guy, you will see that incomplete anesthesia during procedures is an issue. Last, Grillon seems to be an unpleasant personality. I saw him get into several spats with his staff during my visits to his office.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Horrible experience with this doctor. So bad that I wish instead of writing this review that I could hang a sign on his front office door warning people not to go to him. He consulted with me for 10 minutes, and I was trying to ask him questions as he was backing out of my waiting room. He told me I needed jaw surgery (later, 3 other doctors would tell me I really did not need jaw surgery and would recommend much better treatment options). I also asked him if I could have the CD disc back with my previous CT scan on it and he wanted to keep it, told me he would get pre-authorization from my insurance and then call me the next week to make another appointment with me. I called his office twice a week for SEVEN WEEKS after my initial appointment. When I was lucky enough to talk to someone, it was always a new person on the phone (not surprised the girl that was there at my consultation was very confused and mistreated in my opinion). I feel like something shady was going on at his office, and thank my lucky stars that he never got organized enough to schedule me for an appointment to try a pre-surgical splint (again - other doctors did not recommend this and told me with my type of trauma that would not help). I also called his office and they promised me they would mail me the copy of my CD disc, but never did. I recieved a bill from him 7 months after my appointment and am still trying to get someone to answer the phone there so they can mail me the disc. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR. When I was in the waiting room, there was a wife trying to speak to the receptionist/medical assistant AND Dr. Grillon because her husband was indicating to her that he was in a lot of pain and swallowing blood on the chair and it was scary how Dr. Grillon didn't care and seemed to be hiding from them while the patient was in the chair after the procedure. I didn't know doctors like this could exist. Be careful!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

As a physician and a patient I appreciate the competence and abilities of Dr. Grillon. After a partial tooth extraction had been done by my Dentist who was concerned by the proximity to the nerve, I was referred to Dr. . Grillon who saw me the very next day and was able to remove what had become a very inflamed and infected root with no damage to the adjacent nerve. it was fortunate for me to have had such a competent Oral surgeon. He and his office staff have been a pleasure to deal with and I have recommended him to my associates.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

Had my graft today- he ended up taking out my first stitches because she thought they were too loose and put in new ones- My gum looks horrific- In the hour I was there I heard two of his nurses talking about how they would go work for another company "in a heartbeat' if they offered health insurance- I heard the Dr. yelling/arguing with someone about his work - and then the nurse working on me respond to him under her breath "drop the attitude." Celeste was the only truly caring nurse there- But S took her time getting important info to my insurance, causing a 3 week delay in my procedure. The nurse working on me was dropping tools on the floor and then another didn't know whether or not my stitches would dissolvable or not.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

The public may not realize that Dr. Grillon is a great GIFT to patients (especially children) in need of complicated, involved oral surgery--he is experienced and capable like few others. A little crusty he may be at times, but he is a FANTASTIC SURGEON!! He is aging now, but in his youth he had the hands of GOD to be able to fix and re-position the bones as he and his team of young surgeons regularly do. Other surgeons would often say that his results were like text-book, they were so good. If you are looking for touchy-feely, or have easily bruised feelings, look else-where, but if you want a TOP-NOTCH surgeon with great technical skills--this is the specialist for you.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

BEWARE...He is not family friendly at ALL. I was returning for results from a tongue biopsy and they tried to keep my husband from accompanying me to the dental exam room. It is not up to the dentist to decide whether or not I may or may not need emotional support. Surgery was before Christmas so this was in the back of my mind for a week. If anyone has ever waited for biopsy results, you know what I mean. This was my second tongue biopsy, and I was very anxious. First biopsy was not done by him; that dentist no longer participated in my health plan. Needless to say I demanded that my husband be allowed in the room. This dentist is heartless and rude! I would never allow anyone I know go to him!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2013

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

Dr. Grillon is an amazing surgeon! I was hit in the face during a softball game, and broke my jaw in two places. It was a very very rough recovery but Dr. Grillon fixed me, 100% He was very friendly, explained everything perfectly, answered all questions, and made sure I was okay. I told him how freaked out I was thinking he may need to wire my mouth shut, and he said he will try his best to avoid it. He did. He perfomed 2 surgeries and a minor procedure. Today was my last appointment, 6 months after my accident, and my x-ray looked perfect, like nothing ever happened. I am very thankful and grateful for him. I agree that he could lack some compassion BUT, he was my surgeon, not my friend, and was never rude.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2013

HORRIBLE! I went in to see Dr. Grillon with a problem tooth which had undergone a root canal after my primary dentist sent me to the Endodontist for a suspect tumor under that tooth. Needless to say, the tooth was problematic and Dr. Grillon was my next step. He ignored the suspect tumor and went straight for the removal of my now broken one month old root canalled tooth. I still have a problem, still have a tumor and now need further surgery to have that removed prior to a bone graft to get an implant. Grillon's office called me and solicited a follow up appointment. I accepted, then ended up cancelling the morning of the appointment. I just got a bill for $75 for a missed appointment. I sure would have been nice if the receptionist that I spoke with to cancel would have told me that I would be billed!!!!!! Arrogant!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

Dr Grillon is the best dentist I have been in my entire life. His staff is wonderful and very well trained. I always had different problems with my teeth and some were treated badly by other dentists but Dr Grillon was able to turn things around for me. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a good dentist in the Maryland area.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012

Dr. George L. Grillon's Credentials

• Univ Of Pennsylvania School Of Dental Medicine (Grad. 1980)

Commercial Insurance Company