Ratings for Dr. Sam Masri

Terrible bedside manner. Sears and uses inappropriate language. Tells inappropriate personal stories. Tells at you. Consistently late - but will find time to go outside for a smoke while you are waiting and he's late, yet doesn't give extra time for you at the end. Thinks drugs are the only cure. Had a great disrespect for any psychologists and thinks they are shams. Worst doctor I've even encounters and a pretty lousy human being.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

One of the finest. Incredibly knowledgeable, extensive understanding of neuropsychiatry, pharmacology, and all things psych pretty much. Great guy, even better doctor. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

I've seen a lot of psychiatrists, and no one has ever been able to do what Dr. Masri does. The guy is a genius, expert in his field, and doesn't sugarcoat things. I can imagine that's where some people might perceive him to be uncaring but quite frankly he is one of the kindest docs I've had, and kind enough to actually give a sh!t. His extensive knowledge of psychiatry and unique methods work wonders. He helped me quit smoking, lose weight, take control of my life and of my conditions, and I can say I now have a much higher quality of life thanks to this man. As a woman, I've never found Dr. Masri to be in appropriate - he has only ever discussed my sexual life with me in a way that has been relevant to the Context of my life and of our sessions. I'm not really sure what the commenter below was alluding to but yeah, never an issue with me. Dr. Masri is awesome.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

Probably the best psychiatrist I have ever encountered. He actually cares about his patients and goes out of his way to show them kindness. In terms of the comments below, I have never experienced any sexual comments nor can I even imagine Dr. Masri doing so. He is so kind and respectful of me, and as a woman I find his attitude most exemplary and not at all invasive or inappropriate. So I assume the below were isolated situations taken way out of context. The only things I could imagine are the typical questions psychiatrists ask about sexual behaviours and tendencies, which is understandable as sexual health (although seemingly taboo to some) is one of the most important aspects of overall health and well-being. Anyways, just to end off, Dr. Masri is one of the BEST psychiatrists I have seen in a long time.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

Very nice man, I feel like he has helped me a lot with my issues however, when I failed at something he seemed to get angry... which i don't think is very fair, Im seeing him for a reason I do not have all the answers.. so Of course I will fail here and there... but don't judge me for it...right? also Sexual comments where unnecessary

flag | Submitted December 10, 2013

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012

Executive Summary: Dr. Sam Masri, a highly regarded psychiatrist within the psychiatry community, is a results-oriented physician who has the ability to impact your life for the better. With many years of successful practice as a consultant and therapist, Dr. Masri leverages his expertise to remedy a multitude of psychological and psychiatric ailments. As related to my personal circumstances, Dr. Masri through the referral of disability councillors from the University of Toronto, York University, and Ryerson University, was successful in treating my condition whereby treatment provided for by others resulted in misdiagnosis and failure. I am very grateful to Dr. Masri for impacting my life, and affording me the opportunity to become a “change agent” in my family and community. Need a psychiatrist? My advice is to take my statement along with those made by the aforementioned with a grain of salt and instead try a face-to-face consult with Dr. Masri before passing judgement. Good luck.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2011

After 10 years going from doctor to doctor, I found someone who could finally help me. I cannot thank Dr Masri enough!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2011

Slow progress; questionable sexual comments; felt judged

flag | Submitted October 21, 2010

did not seem to care. never had time, gave me 40 minutes for my hour. all talk. condescending.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2010