Ratings for Dr. Steve E. Nelson

Dr. Nelson was the first doctor to both correctly diagnose my problem, AND give me an effective treatment. I had been chronically ill for years, and we referred to him by a friend after she found out I had been exposed to toxic mold in our home. Nelson evaluated me, and then gave me a fairly long list of supplements to take. I was unable to afford all them, and asked him if he could reduce it to the most important ones for right now. He did that for me and it helped a lot. I started those supplements 6 months ago, and noticed immediate changes. Which was amazing - I've taken a ton of supplements and not had a reaction like that! I ended up doing the full amount of supplements a couple months later, because I realized how effective his treatment was for me. I've now referred others to him. I know he has some bad ratings out there, but I suspect these are mainly from personality conflicts. He is certainly eccentric, and that's not for everyone. But for people with chronic illness, like myself, I've never met someone more knowledgeable or who's instructions gave me results like this!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

Disorganized office, difficult to determine if u are in a spa or a clinic. Emphasis on money more than the individual's needs. Unclear diagnosis via kinesiological evaluation. Although a loyal believer of natural supplements and Homeopathy I was indeed disappointed to see that the goal was to convince to purchase as many supplements as possible regardless the reason of the visit. In addition I was amazed to see the Doctor looking non healthy with a constant smoker's cough within dangerously close proximity and continuous exposure of his partial teeth during consultation. What an experience!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2016

I went into Dr Nelsons office to ask the price of his Vit c IV treatment , I was surprised when his receptionist couldn't tell me the prices she had to go get him, he came in told us we had to follow him to show us what he does instead of Vit c IV we followed he told me I was sick and was VERY PUSHY and proceeded doing kinesiology testing on me , which I do not believe in for testing, it's not scientifc. Then to top it off he started touching me in inappropriate ways, I was shocked and thought he couldn't have known what he was doing!? As he stuck out his false teeth at me...he only has 2 left in his plate, plus he must be a chain smoker and sells treatment for quitting smoking... But after I finally got away and thought about it and I sure wouldn't EVER WANT HIM TO TEST MY DAUGHTERS! So this is a warning to any mothers who might take their daughters in to see him!! I ended up being charged for this and we wasted our whole day in his office while our family waited for hours in the car for us! It was like we were under a spell when we were there I'm so shocked we didn't leave sooner!!! Please do not take your young daughters to this Naturopath ! I also felt very sorry for the young Japanese girl he has working for him , he was constantly yelling at her I don't know how she puts up with him! The poor girl...

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015

I was treated by Dr. Steve Nelson in Palm Desert, CA. I did all of the testing on the computer. Then he put little glasses of water on a metal plate to balance my particular issues. He selected 6 or 7 remedies recommended for me. He then prescribed 60 treatments with his "Tesla" machine or Neuro Care NC1000 high frequency machine for an injury. This at a cost of $75.00 each or a discount $450.00 per month, which I would need for at least two months. The remedies for 1 month costs $230.00. The office visit was $125.00 plus $40.00 was charged for the "water" treatments, which they did not mention when I initially called to inquire about costs. In 3 weeks, it is another $165.00 for follow-up testing and more remedies. I check around and found the same machine is offered locally for $150.00 a month. He is a knowlegeable man, but money seems to be the ultimate focus. Dr. Nelson's nose was running non-stop and he smelled of cigarette smoke. Sorry, I am moving on.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

I have found Dr. Nelson to be competent in trying to diagnose and manage my food allergies and gluten (wheat intollerance). I worked w/him on a (6)month detox program using his Biotech Research supplements and in house technology to assist in my improved overall energy and cleansing of my body. Now I am on a maintence program and continue to seek his counsel on my health. Great Doctor!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2011

Dr. Nelson, is outstanding in his area of expertise. I have been a Type ! diabetic and is the 1st Dr. to properly diagnose me with the right nutrients and a healthy diet regimen. He really cares about the patient and the proper treatment. He leaves no stone unturned. There are very few Dr.'s of this calibur around, I know I have tried for years to find one. His trained staff make you feel comfortable, both Jennifer and Sharron are always friendly and have great smiles. Don't just take my word for it, you can also read up on him in the book "Breakthrough" by Suzanne Somers

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

Dr Nelson helped me with Candida and weight gain by putting me on an excellent candida cleansing program complete with nutritional program. I first thought it was hormone related as I could not lose weight the traditional way. I have lost 10 pounds in two weeks and feel great. Next I am doing body wraps and laser fat loss

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

Dr. Nelson is attentive and knowledgable. His staff is good, but he is GREAT!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2011

I traveled 2000 miles for allternative medicine, He riped me off thousands of dollars-then sent me to cancer center(i changed drs.)He is in suzanne summers books but talks a different talk in person- it is all about the money on his products- not caring about the persons health.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2010