Dr. Kam Kassiri

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Kam Kassiri

Amazing doctor. Thanks for my excellent vision ! Ashley was really great and accomodating.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

All of my interactions with Dr. Kassiri have been excellent. He is knowledgeable, helpful and caring. I recommend him highly. I am not quite so complimentary towards his office staff as they are difficult to contact remotely. When I phone, there is either no option to leave a message or, if I can find my way to a voicemail box, the box is full. I have also received misinformation from them, so if you visit this office, save your questions for the doctor. Dr. Kassiri though, is really great, and worth the wait you will sometimes encounter.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

professional, pleasant, thorough, words that come to mind in describing my impression of this Physician. Notes taken, referral letters made, excellent jobs. The staff were exceptional, helpful, kind, patient, and caring. it is a busy office and one should expect wait times. This Doctor and staff are so much nicer and more helpful than the other eye clinic in the same building! I recommend Dr, Kassiri , 5 star eye Doctor!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2018

Great appointment. Very helpful. Amazing Doctor, and extremely knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

He is a very knowledgeable and kind doctor. He was very thorough and answered all my questions. He made the correct diagnosis and referred me to a neurologist. He saved my vision.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Had cataract surgery for my second eye with this doctor two weeks ago. He recommended multisighted lenses for me. I still have some rings around lights and night but I could not be happier with being without glasses. Thank you!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

I have an eye condition that is related to my knee and hand arthritis. My eye can get red without any warning and hurt and can make me blind if i dont see a doctor right away. I have been seeing eye doctors for this and sat in emergency rooms for over 15 years. Since I have been referred to dr Kasiri I have been able to get in to see him or another doctor in this clinic within few days. He has been able to treat my eye condition within few weeks and i have not needed needles in my eye like i used to. He is very caring and has been very effective in treating my right eye. I highly recommend this doctor. i have not been to emergency for my eye condition, because his reception always get me in whenever i call.. Sometimes i have to wait but i know patients like me need to see him, so I am fine to wait. I am really thankful to have this doctor. Susan L.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

This doctor was horrible. I was referred by my family doctor for an eye infection. Dr. Kassiri seemed annoyed to be inspecting my eye for the infection. He did not explain much, but sent me away after the first visit with some drops. After the infection did not go away, I returned to his office. All others who have said that the wait time at this office is lengthy are CORRECT. I waited almost 1 hour after my appt. time. The walls are thin in the rooms, so I heard him finish up with his other patient. When Dr. Kassiri saw me, he did not even wash his hands before, nor after inspecting my eye. In fact, he was at once exasperated at seeing the infection and then announced that he "didn't like it" and that it might be "cancer". He told me a biopsy would be scheduled and then he left abruptly. I returned to the waiting room where my husband was waiting for me in near tears at the prospect of having cancer. As I trusted this doctor and didn't want to wait for a new doctor, I went ahead with the biopsy. Dr. Kassiri was impatient during the biopsy and seemed very annoyed and put out at having to take a biopsy sample. I was very scared at the whole procedure, but he didn't do anything to explain much to comfort or reassure me. He dug around in my eye, announced that he thought I had "done better than [he] thought" and then left very abruptly again, not before taking the pillow that was under my head away!! The nurse was the one who explained everything to me and was the one who was very kind. She seemed taken aback by Dr. Kassiri's behavior. I will never go to this doctor again. He is just awful and traumatized me.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

The only time my partner and I had to wait was during the first apt, that day my partner was diagnosed with an AVM, he scheduled him to see a radiologist for MRI scan at the grey nuns within the hour, and 1 hour after the scan he made time to see us. He explained what was affecting my partner's vision and referred us to one of his colleagues who specializes in neurosurgery. Between every operation that my partner has a checkup with Dr Kassiri and he always been on time or even early. He is a great Doctor I highly recommend .

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

I finally went through with getting my eye surgery done at Lasik MD with Dr.Kassiri, best decision ever made. He was very knowledgable and knew exactly what he was doing, made me feel very calm and also made me laugh throughout the entire procedure. I'm so happy with my results and that i had chosen Dr.Kassiri he does an an awesome job and i highly recommend my friends and family to get the procedure done !

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

Dr. Kam Kassiri's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Kassiri is a leading Ophthalmologist in the areas of cataract, refractive as well as strabismus surgery in Edmonton. He is an assistant professor and a teacher in the department of Medicine and Ophthalmology.

• English