Ratings for Dr. Carolyn Boulos

Dr. Boulos seemed apathetic and frustrated on many occasions. I was not given effective medications, she recommended medications that I did not wish to take due to the severe side effects. The same medications I was prescribed were given to a friend of mine who also met with Dr. Boulos; our mental illnesses and symptoms were very different! Several of the inpatient youth psychiatrists were terrific but my overall experience with this outpatient doctor was disappointing. I was also referred to as a "stubborn" individual. My father had some disagreeable meetings with Dr. Boulos. Several of my admissions to the psychiatric ward were done by other youth psychiatrists as Dr. Boulos would not admit me even when beds were available and I felt extremely suicidal and unstable. I am willing to cooperate and work with psychiatrists but I would not recommend Carolyn Boulos to any youth or parents.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

My daughter could only put up with her for 3 appointments. First appointment she was 30 minutes late. The next 2 appointments she was 40 minutes late. Why would a professional make an anxious teenager wait that long. She just made matters worse. Couldn't wait to stop seeing her, she was of no help at all.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

easily the worst experience I've ever had with a psych. I walked in and opened up about the anxiety id been suffering from and its affects on my life, expecting to have both a shoulder to lean on and someone to guide me, but sadly i experienced the exact opposite. She told me To drop courses, lower my standard in uni, and get on pills asap, and acted as if i was ignorant and a waste of time She repeatedly called me a "stubborn boy" for refusing to take pills and refusing to lower my standards in school or uni because she thought i couldn't handle it. I asked my mother to leave due to the harsh criticism i was getting but she refused to let us leave. I sat through two hour attack on both my character and strength, shed talk to my mom as if i wasn't in the room and didnt consider any of my suggestions to dealing with stress. She essentially told me I couldn't get by this anxiety with out loosing my goals. Well Dr. I'd just like to say F*** you. I skipped the next appointment she scheduled me for (with my moms consent ofc), didn't drop a single course, never used pills, and got into my top choice uni program (uoft Kin!), so next time you feel the need to put a boy with anxiety further down in the dumps think again. You're pompous, ignorant and trivial. Ive surpassed my mental illness with out your help but rather with the aid of my friends and family, to all other patients id recommend finding a new dr. or simply going to those close to you, dr. boulos is the worst.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

Worst experance I have had with a psychiatrist. She was a snob who seemed like she didn't have the time of day for you. After being admitted to the hospital ( not by her but through emergency) she would threaten to place me back in the psychiatry ward. Waited forever for my appointments and they would only last 15 mins - no real check in just a refill and get out

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

This is the absolute worst experience I have very had with a doctor. I went in severely depreseed. Her and I had a twenty minute discussion yes ONLY TWENTY MINUTES! And she somehow managed to diagnose me with BIPOLAR. she said it was seer and

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

Did not help my son at all, went in with a serious problem and left with no help...

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

Over-medicated my child. Two other psychiatrists told us to get her off the meds. She was so much better without any.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

Wonderful in all that she does. I see her to help treat bipolar disorder and OCD and she is helpful, supportive, and caring. She is usually late for most of my appointments however the treatment she provides makes up for it. She is very bright and has a full round of knowledge in all that she does.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2014

Dr.B is very professional and knowledgable. She has been late most of our appointments, but well worth the wait.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2013

Dr.Boulous is nothing short of wonderful. I saw her through most of my teenage years into early adulthood and she helped me through some very serious medical issues. I would recommend her to family and friends!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2013