Ratings for Dr. Dovid Zlochower

Friendly and no nonsense. Always deals with any situation directly and efficiently.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

I left the Albany MedicalClinic because I couldn't get another doctor except Dr Zlochower. He is horrible. I have been to him many times (unfortunately) and always it felt like I was intruding on him. I missed 2 annual checkups because I disliked the way he treated me...like I wasn't there, like I was interrupting his day. Recently, I went to get the results of blood work and Dr Zlochower spun his computer screen towards me so I could read the medical report results while he went ahead and opened his mail on his desk. Yes, you read that correctly! After a minute, he reached up to pull the screen back towards him and when I balked he pushed it back towards me saying incredulously, "Oh, you're not finished?" I had to ask questions about the results and unless I guessed what that results meant I wasn't going to get anything out of him. He NEVER even went over what the results were! He is by far the worst doctor I have ever encountered and I have lived all over the world. When I asked the Albany Medical Clinic for a new doctor--on 7 occasions--they NEVER called me back. The Albany Medical Clinic is a factory and Dr Zlowcher is their most incompetent robot. He might be a good doctor if he didn't have to deal with people. I value my health and I want a doctor that does too. I walked.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

No one is perfect 100% if the time so I guess I'm it sprites by some of the reviews but Dr. Zlochower is the perfect kind of Doctor ... no he is not a specialist so he may not know what's best for some people with certain issues but he goes above and beyond to ensure u get the care you need. He can seem distant but he really cares so much

flag | Submitted April 16, 2017

He's a particular style, and I appreciate it. He moves at your speed and my speed is very much get down to business... which he accommodates.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

Dr. Zlochower does not seem to know very much at all about most things. He does write prescriptions and makes referrals....but that is about it. You really need to know what you want, do your own research and tell him what you need. Don't rely on his knowledge.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

Dr Z is a very caring and compassionate individual who would rate work with you whole health rather than doing patch work. He actually cares about the patients whether they are his regular patients or the one in the walk-in. He does not push drugs, but finds you the best possible solution for you ailment or problem. Dr. Zlochower is a true gift to Albany Clinic and makes appreciate the value of a really good Dr.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

I love the Z. I feel that I am in really great hands with this Dr. Yes he was shy in the beginning of his practice but he has really blossomed and is extremely thorough. He's punctual, his staff is nice, and he is very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

He's a good Dr. He might not have the best happy go lucky charm that everyone is complaining about but mah, he's a Dr, not an entertainer. He listens to you, runs tests if you need it, sends you to a specialist in required. What else can you expect from a Dr? His staff is great. He very punctual.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

I have mixed feelings about this (my) doctor. The front-desk staff aren't the most friendly but I'm always seen on-time, and the staff do seem to be getting better. Dr Zlochower seems very shy but he does make eye contact and always has time for my questions and concerns. Yes, he does look some things up but for me it was only to check a not-so-common antibiotic if it reacts badly with a not-so-common medical condition I have. The biggest downside for me is he always refers me to someone else when I think sometimes some initial treatment might be worth trying, but he is also getting better at that. I'd say this doctor is growing and getting better with each passing visit. Also, the follow-up from the staff/doctor is poor. After blood tests I was not contacted until I called them 3 months later.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

We feel very lucky to have found Dr. Zlochower. Very professional yet very kind and caring. He is exactly the family doctor you always wished for. He actually truly cares for his patients, unlike other doctors who are only there to collect as many visits from patients as possible.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014