Ratings for Dr. Francis Chu

flag | Submitted December 28, 2013

reputed to be a very competent doctor, but we found him not very helpful, he would not answer more than 2 issues and asks us to come back another time. More like a businessman than a doctor, maybe his reputation/ego got to him.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013

This was my first time visiting Dr. Chu. I had to say I hadn't seen such a good doctor in years. The Canadian medical system is very different from the Chinese system, where you get to see the doctor, do your tests, get results back and even have a simple surgery all done in a single day. However, the doctors here are always in a rush and try to send me home by telling me everything is fine. Dr. Chu is the kind of traditional Chinese doctor who possesses medical knowledge from both cultures. He's right on time, checked me thoroughly, and prescribed me with cheap OTC drugs that have mild side effects. He was still patient and nice when I went back to ask a question that I had forgot to asked during my session, so as his assistant at the reception, patient and nice. I would definitely have him as my GP.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2012

Dr. Francis Chu is one of the most caring professional physician's I have encountered. Since moving to Richmond in 2006, I have been searching for a good doctor. Dr. Francis Chu is the fifth doctor I booked an appointment with and I've stuck with him ever since. What I really appreciate is that he is extremely patient and genuinely listens to your medical concerns. He always makes me feel comfortable and never rushes me out of his office until all my concerns are answered. So I would highly recommend this top notch doctor!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

He was one of the strangest doctors I've ever seen. I walked-in for a sore throat, cough, etc, and he gave me an entire lecture about not resting enough. When I told him that I was a student with a very demanding schedule, he scolded me for not managing my time wisely. He was also reluctant on telling me which medication to take- kept insisting that I just sleep more. That was the first and last time I will see that doctor. I did not go to the doctors when I'm already feeling so sick to only get a stupid lecture! It did not help that the admin staff in the walk-in clinic was rude and reluctant to help.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2010