Ratings for Dr. Nadira Hussein

Good Dr, Knowledge and thorough. Much more up with current info than my previous endo

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

My partner has been a patient of Dr. Hussein's whilst battling 3 brain tumors and the subsequent deterioration of his pituitary gland. At every step of the way she has put him, his feelings and his well being front and centre. She has no problems " dumbing it down" so that I in turn can relate back to it in conversation with him ... and at no time have I ever felt she was distant, rude, or lacking in professionalism. Can't thank you enough

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

She is rude, disregards anything you have to say. Rushes appointments. Doesn't care for the patient, she only cares for the money. Miserable doctor, miserable experience.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

Have seen Dr Hussein twice now. Each time she has listened, showed a great deal of empathy and has steered me in the right direction each time. She is extremely thorough, meticulous and above all caring. The main thing I look for and above all want when seeing a doctor and in particular a specialist is results. She delivers.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

I have been going to her for many years. She new when I walked in her door of my condition and she was right. My thyroid was the main reason for not being able to get pregnant after 3 years of trying. With her help I was able to get pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. She is nice, and efficient. If you have questions or concerns have them prepared before you go so you don't forget. She is also accommodating. She will let me know over the phone about many of my results so I don't have to go in every time. She is also very friendly.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

She's a terrible doctor! I was unable to see her for 2 years during a busy period in life and got re-referred to her. I asked if she could write up a urine analysis for me to detect for kidney failure (I'm at high risk of Kidney Failure with Type 1 Diabetes for 25 years, my previous now-retired doctor gave me that urine test every year). She refused to write it up and said "go to your family doctor to get it done, if you care so much about kidney failure then why did you not see me for 2 years?". The fact that I was unable to see her for 2 years is no excuse for such attitude on a serious issue! It's an endocrinologist’s job to request urine and blood tests to detect for diabetic complications. She's ALWAYS in a Rush and fast appointments. She treats you like a number and looks at blood glucose readings very quickly without much care or helpful suggestions. You don't want a doctor that doesn't care! Very emotionless, not competent, and hard to book appointments having to wait 3 months minimum between appointments and the secretary rarely answers the phone. Click next on this doctor!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

Hello all,Most people visit this site to complain as they have nothing better to do. However, I am here to say that this Dr. did an excellent job with me. She was thorough, sincere, on-time and funny! She actually drew me lots of pictures to explain my problem and I must say I was extremely happy with her treatment of me. GREAT DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2013

Just a number to her. Rushes you out, that's why always on time! If u like to participate in your own healthcare, go somewhere else! If you just want to show up on time, get 5 mins of instruction and get shoved out on your way - she is for you. I prefer to dialogue somewhat about my condition so I can take charge & act in the most proactive way in the rest of my life! No explanations.. Etc. after first appt, I sat in car & cried that this was my 'specialist' to help me answer some tricky questions. I was nothing but a pain in her a$$! Waiting area very unfriendly atmosphere of extra charge notices for extra Svc (like photocopying )

flag | Submitted September 26, 2013

If you don't want to be in the doctor's office for more than 5 min she is your doctor. The max wait time is 3 min and she spend at most 2 min to talk to you. She goes with your suggestions, so basically you need to know what prescription/test you need and she will write it for you. Don't bother asking any question about your condition as she won't be able to answer. I really wonder how she got her degree .... BTW if you ask to get a copy of your lab result you have to pay 10 cents for each page, feels like going to Kinko's LOL

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

Please don't go to her if are a thyroid patient. Thinks thyroid disease is "easily treatable" and discounts all your concerns, prescribes and propagates T4-only medication, does not treat based on symptoms and will not test your antibodies. Thyroid patients deserve better, and it is unfortunate that she is one of the only endocrinologists available in our region.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013