Ratings for Dr. Lawrence H. Winkler

I was referred to Dr. Winkler after months of experiencing fatigue and dizziness. He was friendly and very thorough he had me take a battery of blood and other tests. After a couple of weeks he was able to determine my problem and prescribed medicine which solved my problem.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

Saved my life when others failed. My hero. Best doctor ever.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

an excellent doctor who I would recommend to anyone needing heart health advice..

flag | Submitted October 4, 2011

One of the best physicians I have ever seen. The man inspires confidence and his knowledge base is incredible. He just keeps testing until he finds the problem. One of the few doctors I actually enjoy seeing and one that never guesses. Mine is a complicated case and he already has made several very accurate diagnoses.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2011

i have had dr.winkler as my internest for the last 10 years.he diagnosed me with a very rare syndrome of the heart.i see dr.winkler every 3 months for follow ups.he is very helpful and kind.he explains things to me in human wordes not medical words.since i have gotten my icd implant in victoria i am feeling alot better.it was dr.winkler that said i would benafit from the icd.and he was right about me benafitting from the icd implant.thanks dr.winkler.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2010

He is arrogant .Most doctors are.I hope he is knowledgeable as after 4 months of feeling dreadful I,m still very sick and scared.he says he doesnt guess.he will make the right dignosis.We will see.Seen hime a month ago. Follow up tests to go but I.m so sick and everyone is bewildered....will comment further as as soon as diagnosed

flag | Submitted September 21, 2010

Dr. Winkler is an abrupt, egotistical and arrogant man. He rushes patients in and out of his rooms, with my last 2 appointments lasting less than 10 minutes each. He dictates his patients notes with his office door open so that anyone waiting in his waiting area can hear what is being said about the patient he has just seen - a clear violation of patient confidentiality. He seemed very proud of himself for making a diagnosis but when I went back to see him 3 years later due to lack of improvement, he finally sent me for tests in Victoria(that should have been done in the first place)that did not confirm the initial diagnosis. He was then very quick to wipe his hands of me - no diagnosis, no further treatment options. Never did take the time to review my entire patient history or list of symtpoms.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2010

The office scheduled an appointment for a day after after initial phone call by leaving a telephone message but left no phone contact.The only way I could cancel was to drive to the office as the receptionist refused to answer the call during the stated call hours.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2010

Generally inspires confidence by his manner... thought highly of by others (Dr's & nurses, hospital staff - important & telling!)But... has his limitations. He is an INTERNIST, not a CARDIOLOGIST so he made a (possible) mistake with me... that he then spent considerable time rationalizing when I called him on it. Took extended vacation time off without leaving any substitute contact info or even helpful phone message. (I was told to see him within 2 weeks by referring cardiologist - no way!) Apparently he's among the best in Nanaimo, so I'll use him, but I'll also always get a further referral to the 'next level' if I feel it is at all necessary.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2010

So very slow to diagnose. Diagnosed right but by the time he got it complications had set in. took 6 months.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2010