Ratings for Dr. Zahra G. Promes

Dr. Promes was the first doctor to spend time with me and ask about me personally in addition to asking health questions, which of course, relate to one another. I would highly recommend her. She has left the FL Hospital practice and I am trying to find out where she went.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Promes for 3 years. I think she's a very intelligent doctor who's a no nonsense type. She's very direct and blunt which I prefer. She's also kind but not overly so. If you're looking for someone to give you the warm and fuzzies then you will be disappointed. I prefer my doctors to be intelligent, knowledgeable, tactful. I go to the doctor for treatment not to find my new best friend. She is action oriented and there was no guessing as to what she thought my problems were and I would leave knowing very clearly what she thought the best course of treatment would be for me. I wish more doctors were like her. I highly recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Horrible staff. I went there twice, never going back again.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

Terrible. Spent very little time with my mother and I still had questions!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2014

THE WORST DOCTOR EVER!!! Then I received my bill charged for an x-ray that I did not receive but was told that I didn't owe anything so no worries. On the day of my visit I was told I had a fever, antibiotics were given to me and "if I felt worse to take them". Anyway for the last two weeks I have been ill tried to call to schedule appt. either no appt. or limited just had trouble working it out. Today, I get an appt. and was told by the doctor, they don't handle patients like me (I guess that means people who are sick), the front desk person Brittney had been complaining about answering the phone and looking up my bill, that there was only 3 people in the office, she works 12 hour days and didn't have time for my kind!!!! So if you want a doctor who's office has plenty of room in the waiting room but no time to see you, don't care if you are sick or their oath, rude, no compassion then please by all means visit Dr. Promes!!! If I could give a negative star experience I would!!!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

Dr Promes has treated my husband, mother, and myself for several years during 4 office practice moves. She has always been professional, knowledgble, especially caring, and kind to all of us. She goes many extra miles to assist and keep us in good health. Her office staff is delightful and helpful now that she is in her own practice. We did have issues with the staff at two of her practices with Dr. Schwartz and Dr. Borremo but she was so great a doctor we stayed with her and am very happy that we did. My family has recommended her to many of our friends who have all been pleased with her performance. I don't know why she has ever received an unfavorable review but I do know she wants her patients to get and stay in great health.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

Start with 1st appointment of the day..waited 30 minutes. Then I listened to her complain about "Obama care" and how she doesn't make enough money. And that insurance companies only let her spend 15 minutes per patient. When we talked about diet (to lose weight) my diet is horrible, I need to eat what she does (she is overweight too). Wouldn't refil a maintenance rx (synthroid)on the phone for mail rx, new staff with each of 4 visits,ignored test results for a serious arterial issue, then told my ins. co she referred me to specialust. Not!!I had an appointment telling her about it. Just a poor quality, sloppy experience. I'm done.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2013

I almost laughed when I read the reviews saying that this doctor is caring! Yeah, that's what I thought at first too, but now, not so much. I only went to her once and the visit was fine with the exception of a few smart remarks on her part. However, when I called the office and asked to have her call my mail order company for a maintenance medication to get the RX filled (emergency, was going tor un out and company in process of switching over), I got the wrath. More specifically, Promes called me back personally to tell me that she was not going to call in the RX, saying she doesn't have the staff. Okay, seriously, why have a doctor's office if you don't have adequate staff to call in RX? Then she insinuates that I was not "on top" of it. She tells me to mail the written RX and pay out of pocket so I don't run out! So I had to pay more money out of my pocket because of her. The time she spent arguing with me on the phone could've been spent calling in the RX 5x! Fired!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

More controlling than helpful, and unprofessional. A very disturbing visit with no desire to return, nor recommend.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2011

I have been a patient (age 77) for the past 5 years; she is the most professional, knowledgeable, caring, available doctor I have ever experienced-- a "real find;" a "real friend." Catherine A. Adda

flag | Submitted September 14, 2010

Dr. Zahra G. Promes's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

UnitedHealthcare