Ratings for Dr. Andrew Urmson

It is appalling that this man is allowed to practice as a dr. Zero bed side manner, arrogant, refuses to listen to the needs of the patient. Short, disrespectful, we refused to go back and see him. He was unkind and a pathetic excuse for a caregiver. Do NOT go to this man if st all possible.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

I am appalled this man is allowed to interact with patients. I asked him what the plate he is going to put onto my ankle, he answered he can do it in ten minutes. No eye contact, I believe he has a negative attitude towards women. Everything is done quickly. The two casts he put on my leg were both a mess. No sock, set unevenly, and pulling on the incision every time I move. I would strongly recommend not to use him ever

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

Not the surgeon you want for any insurance claim. If you have no choice switch to a competent orthopedic following surgery. Dr.Urmson refuses to listen and is a yes man for insurance companies throwing patients under the bus, hiding his mistakes and failing to have patients properly retested. The words arrogant and malpractice fit.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

Just more than a year ago, Dr. Urmson did surgery on my wife's broken hip. That was good. However, afterward he was quite arrogant, and seemed determined to send her to a nursing home, instead of home. He said she would never walk again, refused to discuss anything. When we both said we wanted her to come home, he said "That's not happening!" and turned away. Well, it DID "happen!" She did come home, is successfully recovering, we have truly excellent support from DCF. A year later, she IS walking again, with the great help of our own personal physiotherapist. (We found the SCH physio staff utterly useless.) She is improving on all fronts, but in spite of Dr. Urmson's strange and prolonged opposition to her home-coming. He put us through a nightmare because of his arrogance. What a contrast to Dr Pally, with whom we had prior dealings--Pally is an incredibly good, helpful, and kind man. Dr. Urmson seemed none of these things to us, and we hope to avoid him in the future. I note a number of reviewers have commented on his arrogance and his incredibly poor interpersonal skills--we would certainly agree with that assessment.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Dr. Urmson was excellent when he did surgery on my son's broken femur. He took the time to explain everything and he was very professional and helpful for the followup appointments as well. My son's surgery went well and he has had excellent results. We don't have anything negative to share from our experience.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

He did seem to know his surgical stuff . However very arrogant. I had questions about return to work ect and he didn't answer questions about rerun to work and other details . He did not understand what my best interest are interested to that. My cast was a different material that was two heavy for my sise . Now I have a sore knee from the wait of the cast. He is awful

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

Dr. Urmson did great work fixing up my ankle (ORIF). I am so pleased with the result, he is a great surgeon. He is incredibly arrogant and has terrible interpersonal skills.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

Dr. Urmson performed surgery on my ankle (Open Reduction Internal Fixation). In my opinion, he was very professional and willing to answer any and all questions. The staff were all very helpful, Dr. Urmson was always available when he said he would be, knew what he was talking about and did an excellent job fixing my ankle.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2013

Dr. Urmson has poor communication skills. He forgot to introduce himself and is extremely arrogant. He discharged my daughter early after surgery without any teaching re: self-splinting, toileting, etc.Lacked compassion for the amount of pain and should have referred or had plastic surgery involved. He did not return phonecalls from physiotherapists after surgery when he missed the fact that there were 5 nerves damaged. His secretary told us he does not respond to physiotherapists calls, faxes or emails. He was also not accurate at all about prognosis or length of time for healing. I would not recommend this doctor until he learns how to listen to his patients and respect them.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2013

Dr. Urmson is a great doctor. He is very personable. He treated my 5 year old son like he was a real person, reassuring him about any fears he had. He noticed things that most people who miss, like the fact that our son got glasses! You can tell he really cares. We are so appreciative of the care our son received. We would recommend him to anyone. Best doctor we have seen, hands down.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2012