Ratings for Dr. James Ferguson

My husband recently had a procedure completed through this office. There was an issue in regard to billing, as we were unaware that payment was due up-on completion and we assumed we would be billed directly. The total amount for the procedure was over $1000. As this was a misunderstanding I immediately attempted to rectify the problem by contacting our insurance providers to have payment made to the office. The woman/ reception I was dealing with was extremely abusive. She asked me if my husband "had issues reading or writing" as she didn't "understand" how he could have not known he would be issuing payment following the procedure. She stated that she was "disappointed" in my husband and myself while insinuating that he was somehow attempting to manipulate his way out of paying his bill (which was what I was trying to resolve with her at the time- we of course aware that payment is required for services rendered). The abusive, derogatory comments and conversations continued throughout the day to a point that I felt it necessary to file a formal complaint with the Manitoba Dental Association- despite the fact that I was in no way contesting payment. Please avoid this office. No one deserves to be treated this poorly.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

I recently had a root canal with Dr. Ferguson and he did an excellent job. I was nervous because I had never had one before and he was very caring and explained everything in detail. I was worried about pain following the procedure but I had none. I highly recommend this doctor. My only issue is the fact that it cost over $1300 for an hour long procedure, and I wasn't able to pay with a payment plan.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Had to have a root canal. Was able to get in two weeks earlier than my scheduled appointment as they had me on a cancellation list. Extremely helpful and nice front desk staff. Dental assistant was very nice/engaging and helped put me at ease as I awaited the procedure. Dr. Ferguson is very personable and diligent. Explained the process throughout the procedure. Left me with no pain and a fixed tooth. Cannot recommend his office enough.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Dr.Ferguson is a very nice, talented dentist! His assistant was very nice and welcoming. Everyone had a smile on their face and made me feel like i was at home. Im very nervous going to the dentist but after talking to Dr.Ferguson and his informative staff i was put at ease. I didnt even feel the needle at all! His assistant assured me that he was very gentle and he really was!! The lovely assistant took a 3D image of my tooth and an xray (both we're great and i usually hate getting x rays but their technique s we're great!) The assistant made sure i was comfortable and cut a hole in the dam to make it easier to breathe. Dr.F was very gentle throughout the whole root canal i didnt feel a thing! ABSOLUTELY remarkable! Id go back to see him 1000% if i ever needed another root canal! Over all great staff and dr! Keep up the FANTASTIC work!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

went for a pre checkup to have an old root canal assessed. Was told about paying for assessment before anything else was discussed. Had xray and consultation. Was told cost would be 17 to 18 hundred. Seemed high for what was required. While in the chair, I noticed his instruments were well past new. Exam mirror was chipped and scratched...not what I would want in my mouth. Office reception desk was losing its veneer and left a bad impression about the operation. Obviously cash comes first and little is spent on making this a place I would want to go to to have work done on me

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Had to have an old root canal re-treated after a very painful abscess. My dentist referred me to Dr. Ferguson. First appointment I could get was 1 week from my inquiry call. I asked to be called in case of a cancellation, and managed to get in a day early. I was greeted promptly and did not wait very long in reception. Had X-rays taken within minutes. Then had a 3 D X-ray taken, which the doctor explained allowed him to see the roots completely. Dr. Ferguson advised me of the problem & my options. He answered my questions, and was quite personable & professional. I felt completely comfortable trusting him to fix my problem, permanently. His treatment was efficient, effective and caused me very little discomfort. I was in the office for 1.5 hours and my insurance claim was filed for me before I left. I was offered juice to help remove any bitter taste from the treatment (nice touch!). No issues with the tooth since. I would recommend this specialist to anyone requiring a root canal.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2013

My wife had a bad root canal treatment, Her dentist said that root canal have to be redone. The first appointment with Doctor James Ferguson, was for about 10 minutes/99$ was for check-up prior to root canal treatment. After 3 weeks job done, about 1 hour/860$.She didn't sleep all night, got lot-of pain, we called back to see the Dr, his assistance after double checking with him told us that Dr said that's normal to have pain and it will goes soon, nothing we can do if she still have pain call back, My wife didn't sleep next night again, she took Telynol/4-5 hrs. next morning I called again I told him that this is very urgent and my wife didn't sleep last night, can't eat and have continus constant pine ...with two baby 2 and 1 years old, this is not acceptable ....after double checking again with Dr I was told again, ... there is nothing he can do, he can only see her at 3:30 pm ..... This was a big mistake and very bad experiance and I don't wish someone to experaince the same.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

I found this website while looking for an online map to get to thsi doctor's office. Now I'm back to say everything went well. I've never had issues with going to a dentist anyway, but this was more major. Bottom line, I'm glad the tooth was saved.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2012

While my first experience having a root canal was not at all a bad one (done by my family dentist), I was a bit worried about my second one because my dentist was referring me to specialist. As it turned out, the worry was unnecessary; the job might have been more difficult, but the overall experience was actually better than my first root canal. From needle to car ride home, there was very little discomfort. Besides being highly skilled, Dr. Ferguson is a respectful, gentle, and engaging practioner of what must be a very, very stressful and, at times, very trying occupation. He struck me as the real deal and a humble man, to boot.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2011

I must say my experience was only positive. I was very nervous and everyone I dealt with tried to ease my fear. Dr.Ferguson was very thoughtful and listened to my concerns. My root canal did not take as long as I thought it would and it was painless. I wish he did regular dental work not just root canals. I hope I never need another root canal, but if I do I will see him.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2011