Ratings for Dr. Darrel Paul

The receptionist was very friendly and always trying to help. There are no issues in understanding the very nice lady in reception, if you are not trying to pre-judge and are willing to listen. Dr. Paul genuinely listened to my concerns and gave his suggestions on things I could do to prevent my foot pain. It is refreshing to have a Dr. actually value your input. We have a plan in place and a follow up appointment, could not ask for anything more. Really liked that he is not selling me something and instead gave me recommendations for things I could buy somewhere else. There was no pressure at any time. Very happy with my first visit, I am glad my family doctor sent me to see Dr. Paul

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

The receptionist is very hard to understand and kept sending surgery appointment notice at least once a week after my sur8was already done. I try to call the office but never answered the phone. Very dirty office if you didn't have a infection before you went in you most likely will when you leave if you have a open wound. Over all not very impressed with this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Have seen him a few times for same problem. Every time problem was worse. He has scared me off of surgery because he tells me if he tries to "fix" it then it might become a worse problem. Not a secure feeling with a Dr who doesn't trust in his own work. And get some doors on those exam rooms!!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

I have received nothing but the best care from Dr. Paul. He has always been very thorough and explains everything very well. I highly recommend Dr. Paul to anyone needing the care of a Podiatrist.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

Dr. Paul was excellent. He fixed my big toe nail and unlike what others have posted it was in a very timely manner. His nurses were awesome and I can't say enough about how competent I found him to be. He explained the problem and fixed it all in one visit. Very thankful my family doc referred me to Dr Paul. I don't feel comfortable in hospitals or clinics I have to say his bedside manner alleviated my anxiety. If I could rate him higher than a 5 in all four categories I would.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

An excellent doctor, who is extremely friendly. He helped me with my ingrown toenail.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Do yourself a favor and get a second opinion.. Lacked explanation of time line of being in my cast. Forms he filled out for my physio indicated fracture to the wrong foot... Happy I got a second opinion, not sure why he doesn't have doors for his exam rooms in his clinic.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2016

Have had 7 foot surgerys by doctor Paul. He really knows what he is doing. Been wth me since day one of my foot problems. Glad he's my doctor

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

After having pain in my foot and knees for years, I finally found Dr. Paul. What an absolute Godsend! He is very knowledgeable, he performs foot surgeries in Calgary and his clinic is in Airdrie. He is extremely easy to talk to, down to earth, and very engaged at all times. I am a scaredy-cat and he always does his best to inform me without scaring me. He also treated my son and daughter and was fantastic with them as well. My son's knee pain has resolved since he wears his orthotics as recommended by Dr Paul. I am so lucky to have him as my doctor! His staff member is always very nice and helpful, she also seems very knowledgeable. I also like their new office, it is friendly.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

If you don't have anything else to do with your life besides spend it waiting in a doctors office while he makes personal phone calls for you to over hear or be lectured for an hour over tedious care of your foot because he assumes everyone is an idiot than this might be the doctor for you. While he takes a lot of time talking to you in great detail about your issue everyone else in the clinic will also hear all of your personal information. There is no privacy here, breaking the medical act and freedom of information and privacy act laws. I know he has received a lot of other terrific reviews but I personally have asked my family physician to refer me to a different podiatrist.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014