Dr. John Vyselaar

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. John Vyselaar

Words cannot express how wonderful of a doctor Dr. Vyselaar is. I had been diagnosed with a rare heart condition called Long QT by an emergency room doctor. I was devastated and desperate at the age of 48 receiving this diagnosis. nobody seems to want to help me. I wrote an email and desperation to Dr. Vyselaar and his receptionist called me to book me in quickly. Yesterday I met with him and he assured me I do not have long QT. He was very knowledgeable and kind and put me at ease right away. He was very thorough in double checking and recalculating my past ECGs from Chilliwack Hospital, Which two of them turned out to be calculated incorrectly by the machine. After almost 2 months of intense stress I was finally able to breathe a sigh of relief. he was so kind and he answered all of my questions. He took his time with me and not rush me at all. I can honestly say he’s the best doctor I have ever met, and I have met a lot through the years! He is very intelligent and he is an expert in his field. His receptionist Chris is very compassionate and kind as well. Do yourself a favor and go to this amazing cardiologist!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

Great Cardiologist -very thorough and knowledgeable. Fantastic follow up. Very good listener and awesome attitude - makes no airs... his staff are professional and helpful.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Great doctor! Saw my mom in emergency and probably saved her life! Patient and kind with us. We are lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Not a fan of this doctor. Just didn't think he took me seriously but maybe that is his manner.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

Dr. John Vyselaar

Dr. John Vyselaar's response
I am sorry to hear you did not have a good experience. I most certainly take every patient concern seriously. If you are interested I would be happy to review your situation by phone, video consult, or in person and go over your symptoms again. Please call my office if you are interested. If you would prefer to leave feedback anonymously about me or my staff (I note you rated the staff low too) please complete this survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/58JFZ5R (cut and paste this link in your browser).

Submitted July 12, 2017

My husband saw in ER and Dr. V. explained everything clearly and was very funny and reassuring during a stressful time. Thanks Johnny V.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

There is no such Dr. The name is spelled Vyselaar, and he has another ratemds site. This site and rating should be incorporated into the other site. He is a very good Cardiologist.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

He is one of the best doctors I have ever seen in my life .He is really helpful, knowledgeable,and detail-oriented.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

Dr. Vyselaar was on call at the LGH emergency when we brought my mom in. Her old specialist was retiring and we knew she was going to have to make a change. Dr. V came very highly recommended and we weren't disappointed. He has a great bed side manner and my mom felt very comfortable with him. So glad we could find such a caring specialist .

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

Fantastic doctor. Went out of his way to help my mom and got her valve surgery. Now she has her quality of life back! We are so lucky we met him!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2016

Met Dr. Vyselaar for the first time yesterday and I was so happy that I had decided to change Cardiologists and go to him. I felt so much better, mentally, at the end of my appointment and happy in the knowledge that somebody really cared about my problem and was willing to do everything to help me out. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Vyselaar. He has an excellent bedside manner as well. I feel that for the first time since my problem began I am in the hands of somebody who is going to help me.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015