Ratings for Dr. Ronald Latorre

He is NOT CHEAP! But my lawyer said he is the fairest and does the most comprehensive reports. He now has a waiting list of 6 months. My lawyer also showed me reports from Dr. Latorre and from other psychologists. Get your lawyer to do the same and judge for yourself.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Re-doing my earlier rating. I was impressed with this fellow with all the time he spent providing information, especially in contrast to some of the other recommended s. 211 psychologists who barely had the time of day for me unless and until I was prepared to put money on the table. My children really enjoyed speaking with him. He has a great manner with the kids. He lets you know at the outset he is working for the ids not for you, the parent. If you want someone to merely side with you or you want to buy an option, look elsewhere. This fellow appears to be serious about his work and only interested in the children.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Extremely helpful fella. Called him and two other psychologists to do a section 211 report. One of the others barely said two sentences to me before I was informed she could not speak with me at length because her time was valuable. (Yeah. I know that, I hear what you charge.) Dr. L spent almost half an hour on the phone, explaining the section 211 process, the costs and how to reduce those costs. Seemed to appreciate what I was going through. Have not received a report yet, didn't want my review to be influenced by the results. But so far this fella is the most helpful and most approachable. Try reading what is said about the other section 211 psychologists.

Submitted June 28, 2017

This psychologist did a very thorough job interviewing about 20 professionals and family. His report was very detailed at over 100 pages. The Judge had recommended him. Didn't agree with all he said but I think he was fair and balanced. Nice for the kids to be interviewed in his comfortable home office. He definitely is focused on the children. He is not cheap, though, but good value.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

I too had a report done by this inexperienced wack job. I was one of the first reports he had ever done over 14 years ago. It sure showed . His recommendations were all over the place. He didn't check into facts just based on ones word. Well let's face it if ex's don't get along they will say anything against the other party. He checking into absolutely nothing. Didn't do his homework at all. His credentials were full of quicky courses some taken in Vegas. 😳. Please do yourself a favour and go elsewhere. I recorded my interview via video camera and he said I was aggressive with my kids. Not according to video. In fact the judge asked if Dr Latorre even was at my house when he took notes since they were so different from the video we had to use at trial .. Don't use him. Run far away

Submitted March 3, 2016

This psychologist did a very thorough investigation of our case, reading all of the affidavits, talking to other professionals involved and interviewing collaterals. His recommendations are rational and consistent with the best interests of the child. Unfortunately the purpose of these reports is limited to the interests of the child only (and a parent can fabricate false allegations and lie through their teeth and although this may be reflected to some limited extent in the report as unfounded claims, it will have no baring on that parent's ability to act as a parent in the long run). Overall, I wish that the report would focus more on parental alienation, but I am satisfied with the balanced recommendations that this psychologist believed are in the best interest of the child.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2015

I agree with all the below comments that this guy has absolutely no business being in the custody and access asessment area! This incompetent guy will Give conflicting info and ruin a report , so much so I'm my case I ended up spending $50,000 for a trial and to call everyone in. The professionals were shocked to hear how they were misquoted . I have no idea how this guy got a license . My ex husband picked him because he was cheap. In the mean time, it was a disastrous report .. I hope the message gets across for families to not use this guy, with reports that are all over the place and he does not check into what you say at all !!!!! He picks sides very early on , and misquotes the other party.. I too recorded my interview .. Thank god I did !!!!!!! And not to mention he deals with sexual predators and asked about my sexuality and life , how many people I've had s.e. x with , what turns me on?!? What ?!? Anyway please run far away find someone else .

Submitted August 31, 2015

He's horrible , no matter how cheap he is . RUN. I was fortunate enough to record with a cel phone my interview with his as I was MISQUOTED every step of the way . He's horrible , the recommendations contradicted one another . It was a waste of money , a useless cheap report . He doesn't go his homework either. There was do much BS in my report from my ex that it had affidavits and police reports to contradict .. In other words save your money and find someone way more competent ..

Submitted July 30, 2015

Dr. LaTorre didn't have a staff I was aware with. His pricing was lower than other, (although it's clear to me why that's so.)He was personable. However, he completely and totally missed a personality disorder in one party in spite of being provided ample evidence. I believe he was suckered by a sob story. Blamed every proven lie on "language barrier" or "cultural differences" (Lies are lies in every language). Completely disregarded the wishes of the child. We got custody despite his ineptitude, but truly, he FAILED this child.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

Overall, I would rate this psychologist as being very fair when it came to the cost of the report. I was happy with the outcome but wish he had asked for explanations and/or done more research before putting certain things in the report. Hopefully we will settle our divorce out of court or I will be asking the doc to investigate certain aspects of his report in more detail. I do recommend him as I felt his overall assessment was fair and that he did not gauge us like some of the other psychologists could have. He quoted a price of $6,000 to $8,000 and others said $10,000 and upwards. He was fair.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2011