Ratings for Dr. Kathleen C. Barry

I've been going to Dr. Barry for about 12+ years. For the first couple of years she seemed rather gruff, but that changed after a couple of visits. I was very pleased with the head nurse she had when I first started because the one she has now is like a drill sergeant who thinks it's a doctor. When Dr. Barry is out, she makes alot of decisions as though she were the doctor. I keep going o her because her office was close to my job.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

As I was not an established patient yet, Dr. Barry was supposed to perform a physical during my visit. Yet, instead of doing that, she strode in and, without even introducing herself, gruffly told me I had to make a second appointment for a physical! When I told her this was what this appointment was for (and I waited six weeks for it!), she argued with me. Finally, she relented and gave me my "physical" which consisted of tapping my knees with a hammer. That's it. And she billed my insurance company $240 for that. On the way out, the receptionist set up an appointment for me to have my bloodwork done. Because she didn't have a clue about insurance, she randomly chose a bloodwork center and it wasn't covered by my insurance. Two weeks later, I got a bill for my co-pay because the receptionist, who insisted I didn't have to pay one, realized she was wrong. My new doctor gave me a thorough physical and caught that I have high blood pressure and her staff knows all about insurance.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2010

she is very rude at times, and doesn't seem to really care for any of your suggestions, doesn't do anything to treat a specific problem and tells you to go to a specialist, after a visit where i already paid 25 on the visit i gave her paperwork for work which required one word answers and didn't require alot of time to fill out however she charged another 25 to complete it

flag | Submitted January 26, 2010

Dr. Baarry is a very concerned and knowledgeable doctor. She will explain things to you in a way you an understand instead of using all medical terms that the layman cannot understnad. She has been my doctor for many years and I hope she will be for the rest of my life. He staff is also very helpful and kind.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2009

I have been her patient for more then 7 years. She is friendly and usually can spend ample time on exam. No stacking of appointments. Can normally get in same day or next day when sick. Staff is friendly and helpful. I feel very comfortable with her and her staff. If I ask for reflief from symptoms (cold, flu whatever) they do their very best to make me feel better.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2006

Dr. Kathleen C. Barry's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Workers Comp