Dr. Alain Marleau

Dr. Alain Marleau's Ratings

Amazing Dr! Too bad he is associated with Montfort

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2855728].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

Dr. Marleau dilevered my first baby . I was so lucky to have him there . He is very professional , caring and listens to his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2828335].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

He delivered my son and mwas amazing, we joked and once I delivered (vaginally) he took the time to show my husband and mother-in-law the sack and showed us and explained all of the steps as thwy happened.
I HIGHLY recommend him and Valerie Dome!
I also LOVED my stay and the food service I recieved from Montfort Hospital, only complaint is the staff did forget to attach an electronic braclet to my son after birth

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2771205].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2728715].votes_count ]]

Submitted Feb. 20, 2015

Dr. Marleau saw me in the ER when an ultrasound earlier that day discovered an ectopic pregnancy. Though it took a very long time for him to come down from Obstectrics, he was incredible patient, sympathetic and respectful of our religious beliefs. He didn't rush us to make decisions and supported us the entire way. He even came in on his day off to assist with the surgery I ended up needing a few days later. We were very grateful for his care that day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2676396].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2015

I didn't have Dr Marleau as my OBGYN only because I didn't know about him until I went in for my scheduled c-section and couldn't have my doctor do the c-section as she was off that day. I ended up lucky enough to have Dr Marleau as my doctor that day. I must say, Montfort hospital was WAYYYYYYY too busy that day and my c-section that was planned for 10am ended up being pushed to 6pm. I was not too impressed with my stay at that hospital but that's another story. Anyways, I was one of the lucky ones that day to still be able to have my baby girl as this was going to be my 3rd c-section, he didn't want to send me back home in case I went into labour over the long weekend. I was a little nervous having a doctor I didn't know do my C-Section as my last 2 were with Dr Wolfish however she no longer does them. Dr. Marleau made me feel comfortable and put me at ease through the whole time. He even made me feel even better when he said he got most of his training from Dr Wolfish! I was surprised and happy to hear that. It's always nerve racking putting so much trust in someone you don't know but knowing he was trained by someone I trusted, reassured me that he knew what he was doing. He was funny, caring and informative. I would definitely recommend him after my experience and will be calling him as my next doctor for my 5th munchkin! :) I've selected those ratings based on Dr Marleau solely not on Montfort Hospital as the ratings would have been different for them and I can't give him anything bad for punctuality as there were emergencies that cannot be controlled.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2646520].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2014

I see all these glowing remarks for Dr. M as an obstetrician. My experiences are with him as a gynaecologist. I asked my GP for a referral to a gyno in August 2013; Dr. M's office called me in March 2014 with info for an appointment the following week. Luckily I was able to go, but that's not always the case as I am busy with projects and travel for work.
During that visit in March, the doctor said he would get me an appointment with another specialist. I have yet to get any such referral and was told today it would be a while longer as they're "still looking". :(
After that visit, my condition for which I was originally referred to Dr. M recurred. I tried desperately to see the doctor again, but appointment after appointment was rescheduled and finally cancelled. I was told to go to emerg if it was bad. I went back to my GP who gave me a prescription to help in the short term. Dr. M's office called me about an ultrasound appointment a few months later. When the results came back, my GP asked to see me to discuss. My GP said he didn't want to give me any advice as I should speak with Dr. M. I had to wait several more months to finally get an appointment to see Dr. M a second time.
During the appointment today November 2014), nine months after the first appointment and almost a year and a half after my GP first requested the referral , Dr. M clearly explained the situation and options and answered all my questions. Unfortunately, I had a negative reaction during the in-office procedure that we agreed to do.
I have to go back and see Dr. M in six weeks...hoping that appointment won't be rescheduled upteen times.
The doctor himself seems great; however, it's been such a hassle to actually get in to see him that is my biggest beef. Appointments getting rescheduled multiple times because obstetrician issues seem to take precedence over gynaecological issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2634593].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2014

best doctor, would highly recommend him to anyone !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2512420].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

Exceptional Dr, professional, attentive and caring, he answers all the questions, super patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2498235].votes_count ]]