Ratings for Dr. Lauro Amezcua-Patino

Great at discussing my children's condition and referring us when necessary. Very honest and open about what we needed when we needed it.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

absolutely the worst. run from this guy. has no concern for patients at all.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Dr. Patino is all about making money and thinks he knows the entire story before speaking with patients. He used to direct Aurora Tempe and somehow thought getting off Benzodiapines cold turkey in 3 days is safe. I ended up with a seizure the night of discharge. Now he runs Oasis Behavioral Center in Chandler and the quality of care is awful. His PA and receptionist does not answer phone calls , even after prescribing medications that caused severe adverse effects . This doc is all about making money . There is a serious lack of good adult and child psychiatrists in Chandler ,AZ. His medical staff at Oasis does not know the side effects of medications he orders. Many complaints to Joint Commision are in process. His practice and facility will not stay open long. Please do not waste your time here. If u suggest anything bad they will seek retaliation. Making 300k a year for poor care and stealing time and money from patients is corrupt.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012

Felt that this doctor really took the time to evaluate my daughter and really found the root cause to her issues. He also offered her psychological testing that no other doctor had ever offered us before. He also have us resources for hospitals when my daughter was in a place she was no longer able to be at home and neede acute inpatient care. He really cared for our daughter and incorporated our family in her care.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2012

Patino was incredibly difficult to work with. He does not consult with patients (parents for minors) at anytime other than the 8 week appointments. This is difficult when new medication is introduced. The last meeting we had with Patino, we had requested double time. Instead, he pushed us out after the first 15 minutes. There was a problem with the scheduling, which he defended. The issue with our son was very serious (hence the double appointment), but he told us needed more testing.He did not refer us to anyone, so there was no help given.When we asked what we should do, he berated us for thinking he wasn't helpful.He then told us to find another doctor.Since then, he has contacted us about billing(which was already up to date-- we pay our bills on time).He is all about the money and has an undeserved God complex.He will not contact other health professionals (counselors)so a comprehensive treatment plan can be established.He has students sitting in regularly w/o asking permission.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

Said my autistic son would be better of with juvinal corrections because we could not pay for behavioral therapy for him. Then the doctor called cps to have my son removed instead of helping him.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2011

Avoid this doc. This practice is all about making money. Asks for unnecessary evaluations and Billing "errors" that are aimed at getting cash from both patient and insurance. Too bad this is a mental health doc... cuz it caused me more problems than it solved.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2010

I didn't find him to be very knowledgeable or helpful. I would not recommend him. I felt like he didn't listen very well and only pushed medicine without taking the time to evaluate my problem

flag | Submitted August 8, 2010