Ratings for Dr. Umesh Jain

This guy is a disgrace to the medical field and should be stripped of his license immediately. He is all about money and doesn't care about his patients at all. He is a fraud and a thief. The authorities should investigate him.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2017

Saw this doctor as a child. I found him rude, arrogant, and unempathetic.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

Our child was referred regarding potential ADHD. This person was unavailable at the time of our appointment and no one knew of his whereabouts. Although his assistant did nothing to locate him, a social worker looked up and down several hallways and found him chatting with another doctor. He was not with a patient or dealing with a serious medical matter but was visibly angry for being interrupted and very rudely behaved. Once inside his office, he made our child sit alone on the floor of the hallway, made abusive statements of a personal nature and refused to provide a medical opinion for which he was consulted. The health record we subsequently reviewed contained very disturbing documentation and we believe he engaged in questionable conduct both during and after this incident to avoid accountability. Despite a finding that his explanation of events was not credible, there was a refusal to correct the record and no apology or attempt to facilitate our request for a referral to another specialist. This person is quick to refer to his academic credentials on the internet and to authorities. However, in our experience, he was unprofessional and ineffectual in his clinical work, which resulted in major health consequences for our child and injury to our family. We would give this person a rating of "0" in every category if the system for rating allowed us to do so.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

Seen this Dr with out son for ADHD & ODD, a couple years later, I had need to get files from this Dr. NO files were ever created, YET I have OHIP bills for payments made to this dr under my sons name.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

I needed a letter for my school to have them give me at-home education. After 4 meetings with him over the span of 5 months (earliest meetings I could get) he decided to write me this letter. He dictated it in front of me and my therapist and told us it would be faxed to my family doctor the next day at the latest. I waited 2 months for the letter, contacting his staff during this time and being told it would be done soon. After 2 months, I was told that he refused to write me it, and claims he never dictated it. I hoped to get this done before the summer break so it could get processed, but now it looks like I have to wait another 6 months for someone else to write it and the school board to process it.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015