Ratings for Dr. Daniel McNeely

I have posted comments about Dr. Walling and Dr. McNeeley on Dr. Walling's profile, but I wanted to take a moment to share my thoughts about Dr. McNeeeley here as well. Dr. McNeeely, along with Dr. Walling, saved our daughter's life twice in four months. His personality is different than Dr. Walling's but he is no less kind, compassionate and caring. He is just quieter and a bit more reserved. But if you look into his eyes you can see how much he cares. When our daughter came to a follow up appointment with her neurologist, who do I see just popped by but Dr. McNeeley. He stood there watching our daughter do various coordination tests with tears of joy in his eyes. When I asked him how and why he had the time to come by, he said "Today's been a tough day. I just wanted to see our special girl." It was then that I realized that neurosurgeons have to tell many parents devastating news, spend hours and hours operating in a desperate attempt to save a child's life only to find that nothing can be done. Then they have to tell parents that they will never hold their child again. I wonder how many of us would choose to do this for a living? Please remember that these doctors are only human and have really bad days too. I think Dr. McNeeley is a wonderful neurosurgeon, not only because he saved my daughter but that he tries to save every son and daughter and puts his heart and soul into doing so. Never forget Dr. McNeeley how much you are appreciated and admired - we are ALL lucky to have you.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

I had Dr. Dan for my neurosurgeon in 2005. I had brain surgery to remove some meningiomas but I hemmoraged during my surgery..and thankfully Dr. Dan and his team got the bleeding stopped! I found his bedside manner excellent and I felt very comfortable asking him many questions....he saved my life... excellent doctor..although i never want surgery again...it's a life changing experience......with complications that followed.. seizures and drugs for life..but it could have been alot worse!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

This doctor cannot properly read a CT scan, I had fluid on my brain, and he told me I was fine and sent me home, when I went to emerg the next day and insisted that my shunt was broken they did a lumbar puncture and found my spinal fluid pressure was 3 times what it should have been. The nurse told me had I not came back I would have been in a coma

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

Absolutely the most amazing doctor ever. He was our super hero, he made the most tramatic experience for our family end in a most wonderful way. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

Very kind and highly competent neurosurgeon. Excellent bedside manner and is responsive in regard to dealing with problems. Although he has student (medical residents) working with him, he takes the time and effort to directly speak with patients and explain things clearly

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

Saved my 1 year old life on her first birthday removed a baseball size tumor an a month later put a shunt in..now she is a very hyper doing everything

flag | Submitted May 3, 2015

I can’t be more detailed than saying that Dan and his team saved our little girls life. She was diagnosed with large brain tumor and was operated by Dan and his team. Thanks to God and to Dan – our little girl is safe.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

He is a great doctor. When he came when I had to have surgery he was awesome even though I had a hard time trusting another surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

I had the best there was He watch me very carefully. I am still under his care and would not complain about a thing.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

Worst bed side manner in a Dr. Absolutely no empathy. Found him arrogant in dealing with my son and us. Im just a mother.actually told my son nothing else can be done and told my son he was going to die. Good Dr, maybe. But as a compassionate human. No.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014