Ratings for Dr. Howard Lee

Enjoys the attention from other staff and patients but unable to get on with others. Has been here for a while, so knows his way around. Only comfortable to deal with things he knows well. But don't ever disagree with him.... he will cut you off and stops being the calm doctor he likes to keep up. The has been lucky to have him. There are now a lot of doctors so he doesn't have to feel so overworked.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

Exceptional doctor who has knowledge well beyond his years. He is honest and always calm. His patient case load is double that of any other Doctor serving the north island. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

A kind, competent and humble doctor who has saved the day a few times while taking care of my father. Also includes the family in care planning. Thank you for your care.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Seems competent and works a lot. Not very confident and to get on with the other docs.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

He takes care of our town! Where would we be with out him. Regardless, this doctor is extremely skilled and patient. I feel very lucky to call him my family doctor.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

Dr. Lee has always been a good doctor to me. Yes he is always busy and maybe he is out of town a lot but if he didn't work as hard as he did and still does, our only clinic probably would have closed a long time ago!! Really, I don't know how you can say he works for WCB or is only working for the money. He probably isn't making much in our dinky little town. If it were for the money why did he buy the clinic and put so many hours in renovating it?! Dr. Lee is one of the best!!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

It is easy to see why people get frustrated. With Port Hardy being so small, and difficult to keep doctors, Dr Lee has taken on more work than he probably should, him being one of the only docs in town for a while. I find him very professional, as punctual as other docs can be and the 5 minute appointments are in addition to his regular scheduled appointments. I find them a great addition to his schedule and allow for last minute/emergency appointments. He has been a godsend to the community and personally thank him for his dedication. I think you'd be hard pressed to find another more dedicated.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2014

Dr. Lee is in his job and placement for the money, not because of care for the patients. If he cared for the patients, why would he take only 5 minute appointments? FOR THE MONEY. I went to see him and when the 5 minutes was up he reminded me that my time was up. More patients go through his office, more money he makes. He gets on his computer and types everything you say to him, so I tape every appointment. Would be at everyone best interest if you done the same.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

Dr. Lee would always make time for me to get my weekly needles (when I was getting them). He was always thorough and went through my chart with me. He would let me know what my blood work showed and ask me if I needed anything else. He's always friendly. Yes he may be rushed but he's doing the work of 3 or 4 doctors so who wouldn't be rushed?! Office staff went downhill when the sweet receptionist left to have her baby - replaced by a know-it-all who is kind of abrupt and none too friendly. If the first receptionist was still there I would rate the staff higher. It's a bit of a wait sometimes but worth it. Dr. Lee is just a very good doctor and I am glad to be his patient.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2013