Ratings for Dr. Karim Mithani

This is my first time rating a doctor and have positive and negative comments to report about the doctor and the store. Dr. Karim Mithani is a great optometrist and we have been customers for 28+ years. On a pair of glasses bought 2 years ago I experienced many challenges with the lenses. I paid the extra money not covered by my extended health for scratch resistant and smudge proof lenses. Having visited multiple times to the store about the excessive scratches and smudging on my lenses I was very frustrated by the lack of customer service by the staff I spoke with. The lenses were so bad I couldn't see to drive properly and was cleaning them an average of 30 times a day with the approved cleaner from the store. Obviously these lenses were defective. I finally had enough and visited the store to tell them personally that I after 28+years my family was taking their business elsewhere. The staff member that I spoke with accepted what I had to say without commenting or suggesting I speak with Dr. Mithani. Dr. Mithani just happened to be within hearing range and immediately upon leaving the store called me on my cell phone. We discussed my issues as he was not aware of them and was surprised to know no one had brought it to his attention. We had a great conversation and he said my glasses were still under warranty and that the staff should have been aware to replace the defective lenses. Dr. Mithani immediately asked me to bring them in and he would order the replacement lenses for me. He hoped I would buy my next pair through the store and that our family would return as valued customers. Unfortunately at this time we had already booked and purchased four new pairs elsewhere. With Dr. Mithani's expressed concern about my experiences and assurances that customer service is important to him and will be improved we will return when it is time for our new four pairs of glasses. The rating for staff is only reflective of the store staff and not Dr. Mithani.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

DO NOT waste your money there. Not worth it. I paid over $500 for my glasses and many visits. They still didn't get it. Will not recommend this office to anyone.

Submitted March 7, 2017

Dr. Karim Mithani

Dr. Karim Mithani's response
Please call us or email and we can resolve your issues with your glasses. We strive to give all our patients the best in care so we would appreciated a chance to fix this.

Submitted June 7, 2017

A great doctor; very knowledgeable and friendly and takes time to explain things. Would certainly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2014

One of the best experience with a medical professional. Dr Mithani took his time to investigate my problems and found solutions to all my issues. Never once felt rushed. The staff also very pleasant and helpful. First class all the way.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2013

Very Knowledgeable, great staff, very helpful. I will be returning here for my next exam and glasses.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

Very knowledgeable, very helpful and very friendly. I would recommend Dr. Karim Mithani to everybody.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2010

Dr. Karim Mithani's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Assurant