You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Leon T. Watkins

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

I had a great experience with the support staff and with Dr.Capsis, who all explained the steps to be completed for my procedure. He was friendly, but professional, and made sure that I knew what to expect during and after my visit.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

When visiting this office I had an amazing experience! The staff was so sweet, helpful, and understanding. I was put into a room pretty quickly and had a few tests run. I love how I was not sent to another doctor for tests also.. Dr. Watkins was very helpful and got straight to the point of what was going on with my feet. I deff recommend Dr. Watkins and even Dr. Maria to anyone having foot problems!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

Loved the office staff and Dr. Watkins. I was able to schedule my appointment later in the day so i did not have to miss to much work. My paperwork was emailed to me and after completion I emailed it back. When I walked in to my appointment all I had to do was show my insurance card and ID. Dr. Watkins recommended a series of injections for my heel pain, 4 to be exact. After the 3rd I was pain free, it has been 6 months and still no pain!!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

The staff was very warm and personable. The X-ray tech Chelsey, had me laughing the whole time I was with her. Dr. Watkins was extremely friendly and professional. He explained all the steps I would go through in my up coming surgery and listened to other concerns I had. Definitely calmed my nerves. Easy on the eyes also!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014

I have been with Dr. Watkins since soon after he opened his practice. He had an outer office and only a few exam rooms. I have RA and other autoimmune diseases and he helped me out when no one else believed there was nothing that could be done to make walking more comfortable. Without his help I would not be able to walk today. He is always up on the latest procedures and treatments and does everything he can to make me comfortable. He is very sympathetic and shows great empathy towards his patients, as does his staff. The only reason I am going to a new doctor is because I have moved out of the area. If that were the not the case I would still be going to him. I am going to miss him and his staff. I have always been treated like a VIP, and I am sure his other patients are treated the same.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2013

This doctor is awesome. He explains everything that he is going to do and gives many options for treatment. The staff go above and beyond to make your visit as comfortable and as nice as possible.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

I adore Dr Watkins! He is an intellectual man that is extremely genuine and humble man!! I really enjoyed his nurse jennifer and receptionist courtney. They were very sweet and professional. Courtney really helped me with explaining my insurance breakdown. She also kept me up to date daily on some authorization i needed from my insurance for my mri. I will without a doubt be back and recommend him to every one I know.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2012

I am very shocked to see negative reviews listed for Dr. Watkins. In response to a review listed here that questioned the testing performed by Dr. Watkins, I'd like to say that I'm thankful for the thorough evaluation that was performed on my feet as a more serious circulatory issue was found and corrected due to the additional testing when I simply went in for nail fungus. Dr. Watkins is truly an amazing podiatrist. I've been a patient for several years and the wait time has gotten significantly better over the years, but honestly, I don't mind waiting as I know he's the best podiatrist in NOLA.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

Dr. Leon T. Watkins's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Watkins is originally from Los Angeles, and moved to San Francisco to attend the California School of Podiatric Medicine after completing his undergraduate studies. Once he earned his Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine, he completed his residency at East Jefferson General Hospital in Metairie. Shortly after, he worked for Tulane Hospital for a year before opening his own private practice. He currently helps the patients in the Metairie at his office in Gulf South Foot & Ankle, LLC. Call his office to schedule an appointment with him if you have an ingrown toenail, heel pain, fungal toenails, or any other foot and ankle condition that needs treatment.

• English

• California College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had to go back for several appointments and shots. Staff was always friendly and caring."

May 18, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I had a great experience with the support staff and with Dr.Capsis, who all explained the steps to be completed for my procedure. He was friendly, but professio..."

January 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The staff was awesome and made me feel at home. The doctor made me feel really comfortable and it was easy to open up to explain my problem."

December 1, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "When visiting this office I had an amazing experience! The staff was so sweet, helpful, and understanding. I was put into a room pretty quickly and had a few te..."

September 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Loved the office staff and Dr. Watkins. I was able to schedule my appointment later in the day so i did not have to miss to much work. My paperwork was emailed ..."

September 8, 2014
  • 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

February 11, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Leon" to "Leon T."

October 21, 2013
  • Specialty changed from "Orthopedic Surgeon" to "Podiatrist"

January 10, 2013