You may also like

Rate Dr. Bruce Symons

Dr. Bruce Symons's Ratings

My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Bruce for about 2 years for periodic tune ups and chronic pain. He is always very punctual, caring and funny. The clinic is very clean and accommodating. I would recommend Dr. Bruce to anyone looking for a Dr. that takes the time to work through what every pain or issues you might be dealing with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2812699].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Dr. Bruce is the best chiropractor! A caring, helpful chiropractor who has helped countless times!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2812286].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

Great chiropractor! Has a vast knowledge of chiropractic and knows his research! He has helped me a few times now with upper back pain, sooo much more than my last Chiro. Thank you!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2804631].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Bruce for many years and he always aligns my hip back in place when I need it! I only go in when I need to. Wonderful staff and great massages!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2786505].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

I'm still suffering from Dr. Bruce a year later!!! Didn't listen to me and was extremely aggressive in his treatments. I too thought the reviews were good, but my experience is the complete opposite.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2729371].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2015

After hours of research, I chose Bruce for my MVA. BAD IDEA. Bottom line, he doesn't listen and forces treatment you don't want. Did not stick around for the abuse. He repeatedly bragged about these reviews which makes a person wonder how they came about. Haughty is a word that comes to mind.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2683088].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2015

Dr. Bruce is helpful, knowledgeable and is deeply committed to his patients. I am hyper-flexible and struggled to find a chiropractor who could help me, until I found Dr. Bruce! I have been seeing him for 7 years now - even though I have moved twice I still continue to go out of my way to see him. Dr. Bruce is a fantastic Chiropractor who genuinely cares about his patients. He is honest and always has a patient's best interest at heart - I recommend him to everyone I know :-)

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2624925].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

Amazing ! I felt so much better after seeing. Dr Bruce .. I would Definetly go back

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2603233].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2014

After 8 visits with him I still feel zero change. He told me he'd get me in for an x-ray after 5 appointments, but that never happened. Also, he continues to perform the same treatment, but tells me that the next time he wants to try something different because what he is doing doesn't seem to be helping. I don't like it and neither does my bank account

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2561715].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

Dr. Bruce Symons's response
I would like to thank this individual for posting this helpful review, because he or she brings up several important points. First, X-rays should be used as a diagnostic aid, never as a marketing tool. Your chiropractor should evaluate the benefit of obtaining an X-ray versus the risk of it causing cancer and then obtain your consent. A small proportion of chiropractors will get an X-ray on the first visit, then point out many things wrong on the second visit, and try to sell you a package of visits. Be wary of these clinics. Also, if a patient needs an X-ray, why would any doctor make them wait 5 visits? In my 17 years in practice I have never promised anyone an X-ray in a set number of visits; if an X-ray is diagnostically appropriate I would refer them out immediately. Therefore, I would question whether this post is from a bona fide patient.

Second, if a condition has been chronic, it is normal for it to take several visits to achieve an observable response. More than six visits with no change is unusual, and you (as a consumer of health-care and your own advocate) should be alert for that. The reason for the lack of an immediate physical response is because chiropractic is natural, conservative and non-invasive health-care. Like a splint for a broken bone, we realign the joints, but it is your body that does the actual healing. Since everyone heals at their own speed, you need to be patient with your body as it works to restore itself.

Third, most chiropractors typically perform a similar treatment on the same patient over several visits. The reason for this is simple: the same problem has persisted, so the treatment is the same. Have you ever noticed that when you throw your back or neck out, it's usually the same spot that goes out? Repetitive sprains on any joint (like your ankle) will weaken the soft tissues supporting it, and therefore it becomes the "weak link" in the chain. That is why chiropractors perform a similar treatment each time on the same person - it is the same problem recurring. If you go see your chiropractor with your family or friends, you will notice that he or she performs different treatments on different people, but for the same individual, it is typically the same treatment for the same problem. And unlike computers or cars, the human spine hasn't changed much over the past century, so our treatment also hasn't changed that much.

Finally, we direct-bill most insurance companies, WCB and car accident insurance companies on your behalf. Most of the patients under our care do not experience any financial hardship, and we do have special rates for seniors, students, etc. It has been one of our mission statements that nobody should be denied health-care for financial reasons. Thus, we have always treated every patient respectfully, even to the point of paying their transit costs to come for a free visit. So once again I would question the validity of this post.

Thank you for allowing me this opportunity to respond to this comment.

Submitted Nov. 3, 2014

I have been seeing Dr Bruce for over 10 years. He has always been helpfull and his staff wonderful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2546200].votes_count ]]