Ratings for Dr. Lloyd Maybalm

I saw Dr. Maybaum in unit 37 at Peter Laugheed hospital spring of 2012. Dr. Maybaum was belittling, talked down to me, said that I was "faking my symptoms to get disability insurance" (FYI I was already on disability for other health reasons) We had a family conference with him. He talked down to my family and said that I had "borderline Personality Disorder" after seeing me for 30 minutes. I found out he diagnoses everyone in that unit with BPD since this is his specialty. My family and I disagreed as my family knows my history, and he kicked me out of the hospital with a few worksheets and said I have to "work on my issues myself". never the less I was back in the hospital the next week in long term stay and again after I was discharged again. This doctor is dangerous and has no respect for his patients. I recommend you stay away from this doctor as he is more harm than good in the world of psychiatry.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2013

this shrink has always been more about putting me on this med or that med, then he has been about trying to actually deal with my issues. He sent me out of his office the other day and refused to speak to me when I was going through a LOT of issues that I NEEDED to talk about, but he would refuse to talk to me because I had a beer before out meeting. This is a horrible shrink, he doesn't help you with your real problems, he just meds you up and says things are all your own doing/fault.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2010