Ratings for Dr. Manfred K. Obi

Best doctor I ever had, get person understands your feelings.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

RUN AWAY. SPENT LESS THAN 15 MINUTES WITH MY SON AND DUMPED 3 RX ON HIM. THE BUILDING IS IN RUINS. THE OFFICE WAS DISGUSTING. WAITED TOO LONG AND FELT LIKE HERDED CATTLE .

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

This dr. is horrible the staff is rude. Obi spends less than 1 minute with me but makes us wait over an hour. The place is a dump and very disgusting.. beware of going here....

flag | Submitted March 5, 2016

I took my 14 year old here and it was a HUGE mistake! The facility is disgusting. It's almost impossible to believe but, while we waited, the TV in the waiting room was showing a program about FBI profilers hunting down a killer that made his victim eat the severed fingers of other victims. He took us 90 minutes after our scheduled appointment time. then spent 20 minutes with us. He just dumped 3 prescriptions on a kid without asking her anything about her circumstances or why she is feeling poorly and engaging in negative behaviors. I will not fill the prescriptions and will never go back. I curse Carrier Clinic for referring us there.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2015

Do not go here, if I could give this place zero stars I would. The office is in a basement of a building that is dilapidated. The staff clearly does not care about anything more than co-pays. I've have several bad experiences there and will not be returning. First issue was when I made an appointment, received a reminder card, then showed up on time to find out they did not have me in the schedule. I then had to wait a really long time to be seen. Two other times when I made an appointment I was never called back with an appointment confirmation, but when i missed it the office requested a missed office fee, and argued that they called and left a message (this never happened). Today was the last straw. I made a 12:15pm appointment about over a week ago to come on my lunch break since the location is near my place of work. When i arrived (on time) there were at least 10 crammed into this small office before me. I asked the girl at the desk if "there would be a long wait because I am on my lunch break?" all she replied was "Yes". I then had to ask her how long the wait would be and she replied (rudely) anywhere from 45 mins to over an hour. Why would I been given an appointment at a set time to have to wait for an hour? Then when you see the Dr. Obi all he asks is "Is everything ok?", no exam, no further questions. The appointment itself takes maybe 1 minute. Honestly it seem like they over book to get as many co-pays as possible. This office needs to be reviewed by the Medical Board.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

I have not seen Dr. Obi yet and when I do I will update this.. but I have to say I spoke to his receptionist Ruby and she was an absolute delight and if his judgement in hiring her is any reflection of his judgement as a Dr. then I am glad she helped me get an emergency appointment!

Submitted June 20, 2013

Please do not go to this doctor. I tried to make an appointment in the Verona office and the receptionist was rude, nasty, and pretended not to know what basic medication was. I suffer from many anxiety disorders and have never been treated so nasty before. She actually asked me what fluvoxamine was. What xanax was and what other basic medications were for. She put me in a panic attack by the end of the call. I can't believe anyone would employ such a nasty person. She obviously took delight in upsetting me and putting me in a panic attack. Please save yourself the time and your sanity and call any other doctor out there. The abuse I took from his receptionist was uncalled for. I was also put on hold for 15 minutes.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2013

This was an absolutely terrible experience. The Dr wasnt interested with assisting me at all. I asked should I be referred to a psychologist and he told me no because I was getting better. All he did was prescribe medication. My paperwork wasn't completed correctly and each time I had to come and pay a co pay for him to fix it.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2012

Dr.obi manfred has a terrible receptionist i have been trying to make an appointment with Doctor for past week...the meds he is giving me is not helping my bipolar depression....

flag | Submitted June 27, 2012

The administrative staff is awful: scheduling appointments incorrectly wouldn't change my file to have my married name, apparently they had to keep my maiden name. Dr. Obi didn't seem very compassionate - i was struggling with severe withdrawal symptoms from anti-depressants and basically told me i had to just deal with it.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2012

Dr. Manfred K. Obi's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 2009)

Veterans Administration