Ratings for Dr. Shefali N. Patel-Shusterman

Excellent! Excellent! Excellent! Office is clean and pretty. Staff is Soo nice. Dr is incredible!! Highly rec this practice!!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

This is the worst office to speak with and to deal with. Linda is so rude and unprofessional. I never usually write reviews, but I felt it was my turn to warn people. I do not recommend them at all. They are unkind and obnoxious and don't treat their patients with any semblance of respect. They are extremely disorganized and very inconsiderate. I only had one appointment here and it was a nightmare afterwards to get my prescriptions. Then, I was belittled trying to make another appointment. Linda made a point to berate me since I hadn't been there in over a year - less then two years, but over one year. Listen, things come up, people have lives and most women I'm friends with are able to get the gyno every year/year and half, so I wasn't that far off from a year. Why she chose to treat me with such hostility and belittle me, I'll never know. When I had seen the doctor in 2016, she was quiet and unhelpful. I figured maybe that was just her demeanor and I was willing to return to ask her opinion on an Ultra Sound I had gotten from a gastro doctor that showed fibroids. Well, that was my plan anyway until the office called and told me I hadn't made an appointment online (even though I have the confirmation email in my inbox) and that I hadn't been there is SOOOOO long why was I asking to see her??? Who behaves like this to patients/clients? It's truly the worst customer service I've ever encountered with ANY doctor's office, let alone an OB/GYN. Save yourself the aggravation and go elsewhere!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

I am very disappointed with this practice, I work in a doctors office myself and never write reviews but want to prevent someone else from experiencing this treatment as a new patient, if you are looking for an information gyno with good bedside manor keep looking. My sister was a patient of theirs a few weeks ago and she made a point of telling the staff and the doctor that this was her first gyno exam and that she was nervous and didn't know what to expect. The staff was kind but once in the exam room with the doctor she said she felt very uncomfortable. She was not asked if she had any questions, told what was happening or given a simple "you might feel some pressure now" or "this is to test for STDs A, B and C". I think we all know your first exam is awkward and you have no idea what's going on but I was put at ease by my doctor and didn't feel uncomfortable or wonder what was happening, I was told every step what it would feel like and why it needed to be done. To top it all off when the doctor was done she walked out of the room and didn't even say goodbye, so my sister sat in there in a robe for 10 minutes wondering if a nurse was coming back to finish up the exam or if she should get dressed and leave. Finally a nurse came in and laughed and told her she could go. Normally a doctor says goodbye, especially after the first time meeting a patient. I am disappointed that my sister had such a bad first experience and left having no idea what test result she should be expecting.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

She's brilliant. She did surgery on me, it was a clean and perfect cut healed very nicely

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

kind of cold, within 10 minute , done with you . staff not friendly, and mix up things

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Dr Patel is the BEST!! She spends so much time with me explaining things so I understand. She is caring and compassionate. I always feel so confident with her knowledge and assessments. Her staff is very friendly and accomodating. They make me feel welcome. They appreciate my time restraints and try to schedule appointments minimizing wait times. The office is very clean and organized. I highly recommend Dr Patel if you want a Dr with expertise and knowledge as well as a fantastic bedside manner. I'm so glad I found her.!!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2016

Record time for a gyn exam today. Busy talking (bs-ing with staff) as I left. Just left my scrip on the counter. Too busy to hand it to me! All three staff and doc) need to go back to the drawing board for patient relations.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

It was my first time in her office. The staff was great. Dr. Patel made me feel comfortable and answered all my questions. Highly recommend her! Wonderful doctor!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

I do not recommend this doctor. Although she is knowledgable in her practice, she seems to lack compassion and is always in a rush to get you out of the office.

Submitted September 24, 2015

I thought Dr. Shusterman was ok. She took time with me and answered my questions. I liked the way I could book an appointment, same day even. What i didnt like, is the way the office 'strong armed" me to leave my credit card info. They dont like to send out bills any longer, what??? Also I contacted them via vm and email, even fax, attempting to get a script for a mamogram, No response, dont know if this was the office staff's fault, or MD didnt want to bother without a scheduled appt and $50 copay. The fact that she doesnt do procedures locally, that is a downside. She doesnt do procedures at local surgicenters.

Submitted May 20, 2015

Dr. Shefali N. Patel-Shusterman's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School of Medicine (Grad. 1999)