Ratings for Dr. Shefali N. Patel-Shusterman

It was my first time in her office. The staff was great. Dr. Patel made me feel comfortable and answered all my questions. Highly recommend her! Wonderful doctor!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

I do not recommend this doctor. Although she is knowledgable in her practice, she seems to lack compassion and is always in a rush to get you out of the office.

Submitted September 24, 2015

I thought Dr. Shusterman was ok. She took time with me and answered my questions. I liked the way I could book an appointment, same day even. What i didnt like, is the way the office 'strong armed" me to leave my credit card info. They dont like to send out bills any longer, what??? Also I contacted them via vm and email, even fax, attempting to get a script for a mamogram, No response, dont know if this was the office staff's fault, or MD didnt want to bother without a scheduled appt and $50 copay. The fact that she doesnt do procedures locally, that is a downside. She doesnt do procedures at local surgicenters.

Submitted May 20, 2015

I think Dr. Patel is a great physician and I have found her to be very respectful and knowledgable. The only downside I noticed is that she doesn't wash her hands. Other than that, she's a great doctor.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

Dr Patel is truly an amazing physician. She takes her time and gets a thorough history, not only as it relates to ob/gyn, but everything. She makes sure you have had a mammogram, colonoscopy, bone density. She is very thorough, patient, calls with results even if everything is normal!! Her office staff is very accommodating. In today's medical atmosphere - very refreshing to find a physician and office that is n to run as a mill. Love,love, love her!!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

This doctor's bedside manner is awful. Would never recommend her services to anyone because of her lack of compassion and kindness. Can honestly say this was my worst experience with a physician.

Submitted September 16, 2014

I was searching for a new OB/GYN, my previous one retired. I came across Dr. Patel's name at RateMDS.com. I was very pleased with the office visit, she explained everything in detail and she is very thorough. In the process of testing, and she leaves no stone unturned...

flag | Submitted February 10, 2014

Dr. Patel is the most caring and knowledgeable GYN doctor I ever had. I started seeing her about three years ago. I was experiencing heavy bleeding that was affecting my personal,work and social life. I also had chronic anemia due to the heavy bleeding. She provided me with informed options after running a series of tests to evaluate my condition. I opted for the endometrial ablation. It required same day surgery and anesthesia, but it was all worth it! I had the surgery in 2012 and it has been life saving. The heavy bleeding stopped and I'm no longer anemic. I'm able to go about my everyday tasks without feeling sick or concerned. I will always be grateful to Dr.Patel for her medical advice and great care!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

We had a very bad experience with her. 1) There is always waiting 2) She is always in a hurry to send patients off 3) And the most important part.. we went there for my wife's usual check-ups during pregnancy. She insisted on multiple scans citing some irregularity in baby developments (which was untrue after we went to other doc) and charged us heavily. Also PLEASE BE AWARE THAT SHE DOES NOT DELIVER BABIES. Agreed that we should have asked her and not assumed, but as a professional she should have told us that in first visit. She DID NOT. And after all these heavy charges (after 2 months of checkup) she tells us that she does not deliver and we have to find another doctor. Really!! And above that she pretended to have already said that earlier. Lessons learnt. First thing you should ask is if the doctor does deliver baby. And never ever go to her.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

When I first met Dr. Patel-Shusterman I was already settled into a practice that I was content with. However, after the delivery of my two babies, I developed some complications that my OBGYN missed. I reached out to Dr. Patel and scheduled an appointment. Right away, it was clear I made the right decision. She sat before me and listened to my physical complaints. She stopped time and really listened (and heard) me. Immediately she took me into the next room for an ultrasound (something I'd been asking my other MD for) and diagnosed me, discussed options, ordered blood work and scheduled a procedure that would correct the imbalance my body was experiencing. The procedure went very smoothly and Dr. Patel reached out to me, personally, several times before and after to discuss detailed information about what to expect as well as to ask how I was feeling. She is passionate, has genuine concern for the well being of her patients and is EXCELLENT at her job. You'll be in good hands!

flag | Submitted December 31, 2013

Dr. Shefali N. Patel-Shusterman's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School of Medicine (Grad. 1999)