Ratings for Dr. Justin Pik

Arrogant and rude talked to me like I was a piece of garbage! I need decompression surgery plus a fusion in my L5 but he went on about how morbidly obese I was and further more explains the word morbid come on !! I am an educated women you Moran ! All about the $$$ I was told and guess what I believe it! Will be going else where! Lost 4kg and will continue to loose my weight but hey being fat shamed is bullying!!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

I've seen Dr. Justin Pik on several occasions over the years and have always found him to be extremely polite, always professional & to the point. He is extremely thorough in investigating the extent of injuries & reasons for pain. (My injuries revealed extensive damage at L3, L4, L5 & S1) (too much to mention!) I'd previously been seeing the head of neurosurgery in Sydney, prior to being recommended to Dr. Pik. (I'm so glad that i took that chance & went to see him.) His knowledge and experience is extensive & he is by far one of the best in the business. Highly Recommended :)

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

On of the most arrogant Doctors I have dealt with !! Never again ! A waste of $ 300.0 Dollars.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

Very disappointing experience. Dr Pik has a clinic nurse who does the initial consultation , taking a note of symptoms etc.. She was very kind and caring, and set the room up with films for Dr Pik . Dr Pik arrived asked a few rudimentary questions, barely looked at the notes that the nurse had made, did not read the MRI report . He took a quick look at a couple of the films, ignored the majority of my spinal issues and honed in one one area where obvious surgical intervention could be applied. He offered a surgical option for just one of several issues . when asked about non surgical options for other painful areas of the spine, he shrugged and said people learn to live with it. My feeling is that he pays a nurse to do the lipservice consultation so he doesn't have to spend too much time with patients. He is possibly a very good surgeon but if you are looking for someone who will provide holistic spinal health advice and consider other non surgical options to ease your pain such as facet injections etc - Dr Pik may not be your guy.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2017

After reading previous reviews of Dr Justin Pik I was a little apprehensive when I went to see him. I found him to be very pleasant and courteous. He explained things very clearly to me and I did not feel rushed. He was great. He told me I did not require surgery for my problem and explained why. I valued his opinion. He could have easily said the opposite to get the money for operating on me. I found him to be very ethical. Seven years ago I saw another doctor in Sydney for the same problem. He was keen to operate and would have gladly performed surgery for a condition when it was not necessary. Very happy with Dr Pik and I would certainly recommend him and his staff. Very happy

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

Great experience. Very informative regarding my issue and surgery to ve performed. Surgery went as expected and great mobility. No further issues after surgery

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

I went to see Dr Justin Pik with regards to debilitating symptoms I have been experiencing for the past 5 months following trauma to the head, including whiplash injury (not workers comp). He was very short and dismissive, telling me that this was "normal degeneration", putting my symptoms down to Post-Concussion Syndrome, telling me that it could take months and that some people "learn to live with it". His comments were disparaging and he made me feel disheartened walking out of his office (mind you $280 later for 5 mins of his "valuable" time). This was all despite my MRI scans of upper cervical spine CLEARLY showing multiple level disc prolapse (yes, even I could see this), nerve impingement and disc abutting spinal cord - this was also backed up by the MRI report findings and subsequently another specialist's opinion in Sydney who could not believe his ears when I advised him of Dr Pik's diagnosis. In his professional opinion, it was undisputable that the damage was from trauma. DO NOT waste your time with a Canberra specialist unless you're on your deathbed and can't walk I suppose. Not worth your time, money and wellbeing. I think when he saw an otherwise healthy looking 30 year old walk into his office, he saw a quick buck and couldn't care less about my quality of life (or risking "litigation" for a matter of fact). Don't always trust what a "specialist" tells you. They are only human too. Thanks for nothing.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

Justin Pik performed two operations on my back Feb 2016 and another on March 2016. I found him to be highly focused and professional. He came in for an emergency review on a public holiday at extremely short notice. For a spine problem I didnt want a song and dance man but a professional with an excellant knowledge base and appropriate high level exoerience and skill. I cannot fault Dr Pic in any way and if I unfortunately have any similar problems in the future he will be the first surgeon I contact.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

I found Justin very rude & short Spoke in long terms & when asked he sruged me off He was great a day after my surgery as I was on some heavy pain killers & told him I had very little pain ( fusion @ L5 S1) But when I went back for 6 week check up & told him pain was worse than b 4 Opp he was very short & abrupt with me I have since gone back to see him as I now have a bludger in L34 & an anular tear & he basically couldn't shove me out of his room quick enough to after traveling 850 Klms Still in pain ++++ incontonent & on a lot of horrible pain killers & his answer is pain clinic good bye Very disappointed

flag | Submitted February 14, 2016

I found him condescending and abrupt and I felt like he was constantly trying to cover himself in terms of not making any recommendations so as not to get a law suit against him. He couldn't tell me if being on the pain killers was bad for my health or recommend others, couldn't tell me if he recommended surgery and kept telling me to stop talking about my disks and just talk about the nerves. I left upset and felt I had no answers. He said if I really wanted he could operate on one disk even though I had pain down both legs. I have since found Dr Tim Steel in Sydney who immediately said I needed surgery, on both disks, and he was confident of a full recovery quickly etc. Feel so much more confident with Dr Steel. Such a shame Canberrans have to travel to Sydney to be treated well.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015