Ratings for Dr. Justin Pik

I went to see Dr Justin Pik with regards to debilitating symptoms I have been experiencing for the past 5 months following trauma to the head, including whiplash injury (not workers comp). He was very short and dismissive, telling me that this was "normal degeneration", putting my symptoms down to Post-Concussion Syndrome, telling me that it could take months and that some people "learn to live with it". His comments were disparaging and he made me feel disheartened walking out of his office (mind you $280 later for 5 mins of his "valuable" time). This was all despite my MRI scans of upper cervical spine CLEARLY showing multiple level disc prolapse (yes, even I could see this), nerve impingement and disc abutting spinal cord - this was also backed up by the MRI report findings and subsequently another specialist's opinion in Sydney who could not believe his ears when I advised him of Dr Pik's diagnosis. In his professional opinion, it was undisputable that the damage was from trauma. DO NOT waste your time with a Canberra specialist unless you're on your deathbed and can't walk I suppose. Not worth your time, money and wellbeing. I think when he saw an otherwise healthy looking 30 year old walk into his office, he saw a quick buck and couldn't care less about my quality of life (or risking "litigation" for a matter of fact). Don't always trust what a "specialist" tells you. They are only human too. Thanks for nothing.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

Justin Pik performed two operations on my back Feb 2016 and another on March 2016. I found him to be highly focused and professional. He came in for an emergency review on a public holiday at extremely short notice. For a spine problem I didnt want a song and dance man but a professional with an excellant knowledge base and appropriate high level exoerience and skill. I cannot fault Dr Pic in any way and if I unfortunately have any similar problems in the future he will be the first surgeon I contact.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

I found Justin very rude & short Spoke in long terms & when asked he sruged me off He was great a day after my surgery as I was on some heavy pain killers & told him I had very little pain ( fusion @ L5 S1) But when I went back for 6 week check up & told him pain was worse than b 4 Opp he was very short & abrupt with me I have since gone back to see him as I now have a bludger in L34 & an anular tear & he basically couldn't shove me out of his room quick enough to after traveling 850 Klms Still in pain ++++ incontonent & on a lot of horrible pain killers & his answer is pain clinic good bye Very disappointed

flag | Submitted February 14, 2016

I found him condescending and abrupt and I felt like he was constantly trying to cover himself in terms of not making any recommendations so as not to get a law suit against him. He couldn't tell me if being on the pain killers was bad for my health or recommend others, couldn't tell me if he recommended surgery and kept telling me to stop talking about my disks and just talk about the nerves. I left upset and felt I had no answers. He said if I really wanted he could operate on one disk even though I had pain down both legs. I have since found Dr Tim Steel in Sydney who immediately said I needed surgery, on both disks, and he was confident of a full recovery quickly etc. Feel so much more confident with Dr Steel. Such a shame Canberrans have to travel to Sydney to be treated well.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

Justin Pikk operated on me in 2011 , I found his bed side manner beautiful & he was very caring & considerate ! Then I went back for 6 mth check up & told him I was in more pain & symptoms came back worse & he was quiet rude & short with me :( May be it was frustration because of failure mmm I'm not sure but it made me feel like I'd done the wrong thing ! & it has just got worse over the last 3yrs & I'm very hesitant to go back to him but have been advised to go back & see him very scared :/

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Dr Pik is an excellent doctor but his prices are through the roof. Went to him 20 years ago and was very impressed and it did not cost much. Now with top private insurance it only covers one tenth of his fees.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

visiting this doctor is just waste of money and time.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Dr Pik operated on me in 2003 and he was so good with me both before and after the op.He is a true gentleman and I could not fault him in any way.His team in the op were good as well he deserves 100% and more.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

Was extremely impressed with his honesty, compassion and dedication to finding the best solution. A star!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2014

Dr Pik operated on my father, who had a glioblastoma. Dr Pik became a source of inspiration for our family, his manner while some might feel is direct, was exactly what we needed to hear when our emotions were running so high.My fathers operation was a complete success and although he was initially diagnosed 6 to 12 months to live he lived for 4 years and saw 6 grandkids born in that time.Dr Pik who generally refuses to operate a 2nd time so invasively (not many survive long enough)offered a chance for a 2nd operation.In the pre-op preparation a nurse noticed he was walking funny, Dr Pik did a reassessment only a day before he was to have the operation and thatthe tumour had progressed beyond any benefit of removing it. The assessment heart breaking for us (we were present) it was clearly the right decision. My father was able to pass away on his own terms in the peace of our home. We will always thankful for Dr Pik. A true professional and someone we hold dear in our family.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014