Ratings for Dr. Grant Bellaney

I cannot recommend Dr Bellaneys clinic highly enough. From the welcome at reception, through to the wonderful nursing care and the ease and results of my chin and abdominal lipo. The amazing part was that it was all so easy, I wish I had known earlier how effortless it was as I would have investigated it . The discomfort was minimal, the slight facial swelling and bruising meant four days in the house hiding (!) but it was so worth it. I love my new profile, i no longer shy away from a photo like I used to and my stomach is so flat I can wear anything I like !! I love it !! Dr Bellany was friendly but professional with a very experienced nurse, absolutely lovely woman. The aftercare was attentive and all up it was an easy, fast procedure with amazing results. Cannot recommend more highly. Well done Team Bellaney !!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

I found both Dr Bellaney and the nurse Liz really friendly & professional during the consultation and the procedure. The info I got was realistic and balanced, and I found Liz great at keeping me calm and relaxed on the day of procedure (breast reduction). I went down 2 sizes and even have lift on before. They kept in touch and made sure I was ok after the procedure, and followed up after 3 months to check on progress and note the results. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

I had lipo on my upper and lower abdominal, and flanks. Dr Bellaney and Liz were both very helpful at answering all my questions, and walking me through the procedure so I felt comfortable. They even phoned on the evening after the surgery to check i was ok. I only had a local anaesthetic for the procedure so i was able to go home straight after. Pain was minimal, results great. Couldn’t fault the practice at all!! highly recommend. Was pretty much fully recovered and back to the gym in 2 weeks.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

I am a slim male with gnaecomastia. Before I made a decision I contacted several surgeons in ChCh? Two told me that I would require a GA and a night in hospital. Dr Bellaney explained that it could be done as an outpatient, and therefore cheaper, without compromising results. His consultation was informative and realistic, pointing out the pros and cons without trying to influence me one way or another. The procedure was just as he described it would be: it wasn't painful and pre and post-op care information was good. After the procedure recovery was straightforward, I took 2 paracetamol in the evening and that was all I felt I required. The compression garment was a bit uncomfortable but not overly so. I had the operation on a Wednesday and played football on the Saturday, wearing the garment. I am delighted with the results; Dr Bellaney was efficient and honest and his nursing staff were great. I would happily recommend him and just wish I had had it done sooner.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2013

I went to see Grant 3 months ago about my "Mummy Tummy" because of children.I was unable to remove the fat through other methods.He was so professional and absolutely understanding and gave me several options.We decided on abdominal liposuction as the best option. On the day of the procedure I was very nervous but Liz the nurse was very good at keeping me calm. The procedure was better than expected and I was surprised that there was no pain.It was uncomfortable but not painful. Grant rang me that night and followed up my surgery the next day.I was very happy with the after care.I am 2 months post surgery and still have some swelling but 100% happy with the procedure.I would definitely recommend Grant and his procedures.I have recommended him to 2 friends who have now booked with Grant.I am booked for more! Grant and Liz were wonderful.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

I had a breast reduction liposuction procedure which I was assured would reduce my size sufficiently. I agree, his nurse was not your warm friendly type, very efficient but cold. I also found they are nicer to you before you commit and pay, then this drops off once they have your money sadly. The procedure was more vigorous and painful than I expected and a couple of the puncture holes are quite scarred and sore to this day from the physical plunging of the cannula. I only dropped 2 cup sizes $6000 later but this soon increased again despite no weight gain elsewhere. It has since been established an hormonal inbalance is to blame so the procedure was a waste of time, pain and money unfortunately. I got the feeling this is a $ based business not a "caring for you as a patient" business. Get indepth hormone tests done before considering this procedure as he appears to know nothing about this. Despite my advising them of my situation, no follow up was made.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

I choose Dr Bellaney's clinic above the rest as they offer to waiver your consultation fee if a procedure is confirmed - seemed like a good deal but when I tried to confirm this procedure after my consultation via ph messages (as they didn't answer their ph) and emails they did not get back to me. I couldn't understand why and even said to my husband I don't think they want to do it; so I felt I had no option but to go elsewhere and pay the consultation fee. Only to finally get a call that day from Dr Ballaney's staff (14 days later) to say that, that dates no longer available?! Obviously gave it away by that time. Dr Ballaney's clinic is now trying to charge & threaten me with debt collectors for not paying the consultation fee as I did not go ahead with booking a procedure but how can you book a procedure when they don't get back to you!? People should be aware that this clinic does not care about sticking to their end of the deal but expects you to stick to yours.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

I found Grant Bellany helpful and honest on my first visit so decided to have him do liposuction on me Six month later I noticed divets and indentations where the canualla had sucked out the fat I went back to him and he agreed to try and fill these with fat but he could not see what I was concerned about He did not want to admit that he had done a bad job and his effort to fix the problems did not work. He did not even look at the area under a lamp he just told me he could not see the problem and got me to mark the area myself The fat fill procedure was actually very invasive and he did not prepare me for this He made it sound like it was a 5 minute fix I now know part of problem was he took to much fat out He does not have an eye for ascetics He just sucks out the fat His nurse Liz was a cold unfriendly woman I would definetly not recommend him to anyone considering liposuction I wish now that I had gone to a plastic surgeon

flag | Submitted November 24, 2012

When he was accepting skin cancer and dermatology patients, as well as cosmetic (not now, I understand) GB removed two skin cancers, in early 2008 and 2009. One quite nasty one from my leg. Another from my face. He was very good. He is brisk, practical, approachable and efficient, in my opinion. He was recommended to me by a relative who also found him good. My leg cancer, I had difficulty working with his dressings nurse and it kept re-infecting, but when I dropped the free dressings service and did it myself at home it healed fine. He was realistic about explaining to me how it would look afterward. GENERAL, NON-SPECIFIC CAUTION - with any doctor, beware Mind Control (using augmented hypnosis, basically). It can injure. See research on it, some military and "black", but you can try sites like (org) mindjustice. Sorry if this sounds wacky, but it's going on. Repeat, this is a general comment and applies to any doctor.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2010