Ratings for Dr. Kimberly R. McKanders

I do not recommend her. There are many capable and polite doctors around to choose from.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013

Great experience & excellent bedside manner. Would highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

Not personable; unusual smirk while recommending colonoscopy. Substandard on-line reviews and too long to wait for test results made me change doctors. This office is extremely busy. the opp'ty for personal service seems deminimus.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2012

I saw her for a breast check as a nursing mom with a clogged duct. I had not met her but I was enthusiastic to start a new doctor relationship. Before she walked in, I heard her say, "Let me quick do this breast check so I can clear out the room." She walked in, sat down, and looked only at the chart as she asked me a few basic questions. She did not introduce herself or look at me! I've never had this happen when meeting a doctor for the first time. She sounded very hurried, and literally glanced at my breast and told me she would send me to a specialist. She did not check lymph nodes, or do a breast exam, or confirm what the lesion was. I asked a question about having my annual exam done, and she told me," I'm running behind and don't have time to answer questions." I was so taken aback that I forgot to ask about my clogged duct - was it ok to nurse? Was it infected? Would a compress help? I felt like a food animal being hurried through the chute. She should be a farmer, not doctor.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2010

Dr. Kimberly R. McKanders's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 2001)