Ratings for Dr. H Mahmud

His communication is very poor, he need to study for business communication. He will turn his back and leave you in the room without proper explanation. No wonder why his office is empty at all. Better go somewhere else and wait a bit and get a good help and service.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

I find it unprofessional when he tries to discuss about Muslim faith, it makes me feel uncomfortable. And talks about other people behind their back. Very unethical for a doctor.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

One of the rudest Dr's I've ever come across. My family dr has been out of the country for 6 months so I've been going to different walk in doctors for help dealing with anxiety and depression. I asked for a different medication because my current meds weren't helping. I tell him of my situation. He leaves the office and comes back in and tells me to leave his office because my file shows I've been to other Dr's in the last few months and then proceeds to tell me he won't help me. One of the worst experience s I've had

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

As stated by other reviewers communication can be tough but after a dozen visits or so I seemed to have developed the ability to communicate with him for the most part. As for dealing with medical issues I feel I got competent care and when required referrals were extremely quick. It is much easier once a history has been established and until that time you can't expect too much. I have been to highly recommended doctors and I got to say that they don't exactly have perfect records. I once had a severely sore wrist and at the time was being looked after by a very well liked doctor who after 2 years and multiple xrays finally ordered a bone scan. 2 weeks in a cast to heal some stress fractures and problem solved. I find that if you know your body and work with Dr Mahmud on the problem you can usually get a result. I have seen many doctors in my time, including some very pleasant doctors, and for getting to the root of the problem he is on par. For what it's worth, if you go into any walk in clinic for the first time and expect a cross between Dr House and Marcus Welby MD then chances are you will be greatly disappointed.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Unreal. A doctor that decides to show up half an hour after his clinic opens and tells me that he is only going to renew my prescription for 6 months when every other time I have got it renewed a year. I came from Alberta and at least when you went to a walk in clinic, the doctors were punctual, walk in clinics weren't a nightmare where you didn't have to wait more than 30 minutes and they actually give prescriptions for the right length of time. This doctor seemed quite irritated that I was there for a prescription renewal, if there were any good doctors that were taking new patients, I wouldn't be going to walk in clinics.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

Took my son to him because he had a high temperature and very sore throat. Dr. Mahmud had trouble looking down my sons throat (he is only 5). Dr. Mahmud kept sighing and was clearly frusterated with my son. My son asked us what he did wrong because he felt bad. Nice. Anyways, the Dr. diagnosed my son with a throat infection and perscribed an antibiotic eventhough he was not able to examine the throat. He was clearly in a hurry and wanted us gone. Didn't even bother to take his temperature eventhough we said it was high. Will NEVER go to him again unless we have no choice. His staff were very nice too bad they work for him.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

This doctor is very experienced and knowledgeable. My kids Sarah and sofiya are always happy to visit him when they are ill. He is truly a god send during our numerous visits to the doctor the prescirptions and diagnosis has been 100% correct and my kids recovered quickly. Thanks for the excellent quality of service and care that you take with my family and friends.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

I am not the least bit surprised by the bad reviews for Dr. Mahmud. In my opinion the man really doesn't like dealing with people. My 86-year-old dad was hit by a car and emergency room doctors said to follow up a family doctor. Unfortunately we went to Dr. Mahmud. Like others have described, Dr. Mahmud was impatient, he continually cut my dad off mid-sentence, and his mumbling instructions couldn't be heard by my dad. That resulted in my dad not relaxing his leg and getting snapped at by Dr. Mahmud (I was in the exam room and witnessed all of this - I couldn't believe it). I bit my lip because I needed the assessment of whether dad was okay, but I swore that I would never let my dad go back to this jerk. It was awful watching my sweet-natured dad be chastised by this rude jerk. Dr. Mahmud may or may not know what he is doing, but he is abrasive and rude and I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

I went to go see this doctor, I explained to him that I am looking for a family doctor. He asked me if I did any of the drugs, Marijuana, cocaine, or any other drug. My answer was no. I explained that I have always been clean . He said that he does not take patients who are dependant on drugs, and that he wants to stay away from people who do. After he told me that he would accept me as a patient. Leaving the office I felt uneasy about my visit with him. On another visit I called me in because my insurance company sent him a letter that needed to be filled out, he questioned me why they sent it to him, I explained that my insurance company was sending me to be tested and the form to be filled out. In his own words he said. If you want me to doctor this up I won't, and asked me if I wanted him to go ahead with filling it out. I said yes. He informed me that I had to find another family doctor,because of paper work. My Insurance agent contacted him and got to reply why I was sent away.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

I went to see this Dr. when I was experiencing extreme pain in my lower back. He would ask me a question and cut me off mid sentence when I started to answer him. At one point he was talking to my husband instead of me and my husband had to ask him to answer my question as I was the patient. I really got the feeling this man has no respect for women which explains why the waiting room was completely empty. He gave me two prescriptions and I had to ask him what they were. He was annoyed with me for asking and was absolutely no help at all. I now need to go see another doctor for the same problem so that I don't have to just take medication. Would really like to know what the problem is rather then just treat the symptoms. Needless to say I will never recommend him to anyone! Stay away from this guy if you really need treatment for anything. You will just leave feeling extremely angry and disappointed in the options we have for doctors in the province.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014